Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
So you have decided on a Propane Gas grill rather than a Charcoal Grill. This is an excellent choice for indoor and outdoor grilling.
A small-sized Propane Gas Grill is also the best choice for a small home or apartment, an Rv, or even camping and tailgating.
Table of Contents
- Benefits of a Small Propane Grill
- What to Look for in Propane Grill
- Features of a Good Small Propane Grill
- Related Articles on Small Grills
- How We Test and Score Small Propane Grills
- Reviews: The Best Small Propane Grills
- Weber® Spirit 2 Small OutdoorPropane Grill
- Cuisinart® Petit Small Tabletop Propane Grill
- Char-Broil® Classic 280 Propane Gas Grill
- Solaire® Anywhere Portable Infrared Propane Gas Grill
- Fuego® Professional Small Propane Grill
- Coleman® Road Trip Small Propane Grill
- NOMADIQ® Portable Small Tailgate Grill
- Weber® Liquid Propane Small Propane Gas Fuelled Grill
- Megamaster® 820-0065C Propane Gas Grill
- Index Table: Top Rated Small Propane Grills
Benefits of a Small Propane Grill
Having a Small propane Gas grill has so many wonderful benefits, whether it’s a secondary Grill or your primary choice;
- Portable – A propane Gas grill is very easy to transport to any location, making it the ideal grill for camping trips, tailgating, fishing trips, or picnics. A smaller and more compact size is easy to transport and store. Some models come with collapsable legs with wheels, which are also easily transported and portable.
- Affordable – Unlike hybrid grills, a small propane gas grill is a much more affordable option and the ideal choice for a secondary grill for traveling and trips or vacations. The smaller grill costs much less, and Propane Gas is also a much more affordable fueling option than charcoal or natural gas.
- Better Barbecuing Experience – The Propane Gas Grill is easy to use and heats up very fast with no fuss, cooking food evenly and effectively. You can take this small grill with you anywhere and everywhere to enjoy a great barbecue with ease.
- Less Mess and Fuel Costs – Propane Gas is cheaper and easier to use than charcoal, and there is much less cleaning up afterward with no ashes and ashtrays needing cleaning. The small size also makes the grill easy and quick to clean and keep clean.
- Indoor and Outdoor Use – The small propane Gas grill can be used indoors and outdoors, whereas you can only use a charcoal grill outdoors. You can place your small propane gas grill on a kitchen counter or outdoor countertop on your porch or patio, and some models come with a wheeled or no-wheeled stand for placing the grill on, making it space efficient and versatile.
What to Look for in Propane Grill
You need to ask only three questions when buying a propane grill: how big, hot, and fancy do you want it?
- Size – Look for a small compact size with enough square inches of cooking space for your specific requirements.
- Heat – The standard heat and power measurements for a Gas grill are in BTUs; the general rule is to look for 80-100 BTUs per hour per square inch of cooking space. A small Propane Gas grill should have only one burner; maybe 2 and 12000 BTUs per burner is more than enough.
- Accessories – Do you need an additional side burner, smoker, rotisserie, counter space, or tool racks? These may take up some more space and mean that you need a larger Grill, though. The one accessory I would look for is an electric ignition that eliminates the need for lighters and matches and a stand, which is ideal if you do not want a tabletop model.
Features of a Good Small Propane Grill
- Made from stainless steel or cast iron, with or without porcelain-enameled coatings for the grill and grates.
- One or Two burners with a BTU output of 80-100 per square inch of cooking space.
- 145 to 400 square inches of cooking space.
- Electrical ignition in the Gas grill eliminates the need for matches and lighters.
- Temperature controls are easy to use and allow effective controlling and maintaining of temperatures.
- Ventilation holes on charcoal grills to keep an even temperature.
- Tabletop design or on a stand with wheels for portability.
- Additional extras include side shelves, a thermometer, hooks for hanging grilling tools, and wheels for portability.
Related Articles on Small Grills
- Best Small Grill
- Best Portable Gas Grill for RV
- The Best Grill for Apartment Balcony
- Best Backpacking Grill
- Best Kettle Grills
- Best Boat Grill
- Best Electric Indoor Grill
How We Test and Score Small Propane Grills
These reviews are based on intense research, analysis, and feedback from our experts and real users from different digital platforms.
We spent 23 hours trying, testing, and scoring these Small Propane Grills for different key parameters and then shortlisted the best products in the market, saving you time and effort.
We used the following parameters for our tests and analysis.
- Quality – We researched how long users are able to use these grills without any reported changes in the quality or design.
- Portability – We checked how easy and portable to carry the grill.
- Non-Stick – We checked how non-sticky the grill was, which made cooking and cleaning much easier.
- Quick Ignition – We checked how quickly and safely the grill could spark a fire.
- Low Maintenance – We researched how long users are able to use the grill without any reported changes in the quality and how easy was it to clean.
Reviews: The Best Small Propane Grills
Below are some of the best choices for Small and Compact Propane Gas grills;
We hope you love the small propane grills we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
The Weber Spirit 2 is a small and high-quality propane Gas grill.
- Features the Gs4 grilling system with an improved infinity ignition button, burners, porcelain-enameled flavor bars, and a grease management system.
- There are 450 square inches of cooking space on porcelain-coated cast-iron grates.
- A 26 500 BTU per hour input burner system and fuel gauge.
- An open cartwheeled design for easy portability, sizz tool hooks, and a built-in thermometer.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
A small petit grill that will easily stand on any tabletop from Cuisinart, a top name in Grill Brands.
- Portable design propane Gas fuelled grill with a 145 square inch grill surface.
- Very powerful 5500 BTU stainless steel burners add an even-heating porcelain-enameled grate.
- Aluminum legs and stabilizing feet are set up with an integrated lid lock.
- A pronounced briefcase-styled carry handle and collapsible folding design.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
- This is a Class 280 Grill designed by Char-Broil.
- It features 280 Square inches of cooking space, with porcelain-coated grates that are easy to clean and non-stick.
- The grill includes a side burner with up to 8,000 BTUs for secondary cooking space for side dishes.
- It features two Stainless steel in-line burners for even heating, as well as a porcelain-coated steel lid and firebox, which are durable and stay for a long time.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
A compact yet powerful 14 000 BTU burner Grill fueled by propane gas.
- An electronic push-button for ignition for easy grill lighting.
- There are 155 square inches of grill surface and 14 000 BTU’s heat per hour.
- It is made from stainless steel that is welded for durability.
- V-shaped stainless steel grilling grids to prevent flare-ups.
- The grilling grids also help to enhance flavors.
The Fuego Professional is a small, highly portable Propane Gas fueled grill with a large cooking area.
- Feature 525 square inches of cooking space and a compact closable lid.
- A 26 500 BTU combined two-burner set.
- A Hinged 45-degree lid for easy cleanup and reach.
- The perfect clasp door closure system.
The Coleman Roadtrip is the ideal small and portable Propane Gas grill for camping trips and picnics.
- Features 285 square inches of cooking space on griddle or grill choice.
- Ideal for all types of foods.
- Insta starts the ignition button for starting the grill without a match or lighter.
- A collapsible and portable design that fits easily in any vehicle.
- This is a mini-size Tailgate grill designed by NOMADIQ.
- The portable grill weighs only 12 pounds and is ideal for use while camping, tailgating, RVs, boats, decks, and patios.
- It features a cooking area of 226 Square inches of ceramic-coated non-stick grates for easy cooking.
- The grill grates are removable, dishwasher-safe, and rust-resistant.
- It offers 2 separate grilling sides, each producing almost 5,000 BTUs for even heat distribution and perfect cooking.
Weber is a top name in professional grills, and its smaller-sized Liquid Propane Gas Grill is one of the best in its class.
- A single burner produces 12 000 f BTU burning time.
- There are a large 280 square inches of cooking space in the porcelain-enameled cast iron cooking grate.
- A durable cast aluminum body and hood design.
- Easy start electronic ignition button.
- Comes fully assembled out f the box for your convenience.
- This is a small Red and Black grill designed by Megamaster.
- It offers a total cooking area of 360 Square inches and allows you to cook small portions evenly.
- The grill provides 11,000 BTUs with a stainless steel burner operating on the Push-button Piezo ignition.
- It is designed with porcelain-enameled cooking grates for easy maintenance.
Index Table: Top Rated Small Propane Grills
|1||Weber Spirit 2 - Small OutdoorPropane Grill||Weber||97.6|
|2||Cuisinart Petit - Small Tabletop Propane Grill||Cuisinart||97|
|3||Char-Broil Classic 280 - Propane Gas Grill||Char-Broil||96.1|
|4||Solaire Anywhere - Portable Infrared Propane Gas Grill||Solaire||98|
|5||Fuego Professional - Small Propane Grill||Fuego||97|
|6||Coleman Road Trip - Small Propane Grill||Coleman||97|
|7||NOMADIQ Portable - Small Tailgate Grill||NOMADIQ||96.5|
|8||Weber Liquid Propane - Small Propane Gas Fuelled Grill||Weber||98|
|9||Megamaster 820-0065C - Propane Gas Grill||Megamaster||95.2|