So you have decided on a Propane Gas grill rather than a Charcoal Grill. This is an excellent choice for indoor and outdoor grilling.
A small sized Propane Gas Grill is also the best choice for a small home or apartment, an Rv, or even for camping and tailgating.
Benefits of a Small Propane Grill
Having a Small propane Gas grill has so many wonderful benefits, whether it’s a secondary Grill or your primary choice;
- Portable – A propane Gas grill is very easy to transport to any location, making it the ideal grill for camping trips, tailgating, fishing trips, or picnics. A smaller and more compact size is easy to transport and store. Some models come with collapsable legs with wheels, which are also easy to transport and more portable.
- Affordable – A small propane Gas grill is a much more affordable option and the ideal choice for a secondary grill for traveling and trips or vacations. The smaller grill costs much less, and Propane Gas is also a much more affordable fueling option than charcoal or natural gas.
- Better Barbecuing Experience – The Propane Gas Grill is easy to use and heats up very fast with no fuss, cooking food evenly and effectively. You can take this small grill with you anywhere and everywhere to enjoy a great barbecue with ease.
- Less Mess and Fuel Costs – Propane Gas is cheaper and easier to use than charcoal, and there is much less cleaning up afterward with no ashes and ashtrays needing cleaning. The small size also makes the grill very easy and quick to clean and keep clean.
- Indoor and Outdoor Use – The small propane Gas grill can be used indoors and outdoors, whereas a charcoal grill can only be used outdoors. You can place your small propane gas grill on a kitchen counter or outdoor countertop on your porch or patio, and some models come with a wheeled or no wheeled stand for placing the grill on, making it space efficient and versatile.
What to Look for in Propane Grill
There are really only three questions you need to ask yourself when buying a propane grill: how big, how hot, and how fancy do I want it?
- Size – Look for a small compact size tat has enough square inches of cooking space for your specific requirements.
- Heat – The standard heat and power measure for a Gas grill is in BTU’s; the general rule is to look for 80-100 BTU’s per hour per square inch of cooking space. A small Propane Gas grill should have only one burner; maybe 2 and 12 000BTU’s per burner is more than enough.
- Accessories – Do you need an additional side burner, smoker, rotisserie, counter space, or tool racks? These may take up some more space and mean that you need a larger Grill, though. The one accessory I would look for is an electric ignition that eliminates the need for lighters and matches and a stand, which is ideal if you do not want a tabletop model.
Features of a Good Small Propane Grill
- Made from stainless steel or cast iron, with or without porcelain-enameled coatings fro the grill and grates.
- One or Two burners with a BTU output of 80-100 per square inch of cooking space.
- 145 to 400 square inches of cooking space.
- Electrical ignition in the Gas grill eliminates the need for matches and lighters.
- Temperature controls are easy to use and allow effective controlling and maintaining temperatures.
- Ventilation holes on charcoal grills to keep and even temperature.
- Tabletop design, or on a stand with wheels for portability.
- Additional extras such as side shelves, a thermometer, hooks for hanging grilling tools, and wheels for portability.
Reviews: The Best Small Propane Grills
Below are some of the best choices in Small and Compact Propane Gas grills;
The Weber Spirit 2 is a small and high-quality propane Gas grill.
- Features the Gs4 grilling system with an improved infinity ignition button, burners, porcelain-enameled flavor bars, and grease management system,
- There are a large 450 square inches of cooking space on porcelain-coated cast-iron grates.
- A 26 500 BTU per hour input burner system and fuel gauge.
- An open cartwheeled design for easy portability and sizz tool hooks, as well as a built-in thermometer.
The Coleman Roadtrip is the ideal small and portable Propane Gas grill for camping trips and picnics.
- Features 285 square inches of cooking space on griddle or grill choice.
- Ideal for all types of foods.
- Insta starts the ignition button for starting the grill without a match or lighter.
- A collapsible and portable design that fits easily in any vehicle.
Weber is a top name in professional grills, and their smaller sized Liquid Propane Gas Grill is one of the best in its class.
- A single burner that produces 12 000 f BTU burning time.
- There are a large 280 square inches of cooking space in the porcelain-enameled cast iron cooking grate.
- A durable cast aluminum body and hood design.
- Easy start electronic ignition button.
- Comes fully assembled out f the box for your convenience.
A compact yet powerful 14 000 BTU burner Grill fueled by propane gas.
- An electronic push-button for ignition for easy grill lighting.
- There are 155 square inches of grill surface and 14 000BTU’s of heat per hour.
- It is made from stainless steel that is welded for durability.
- V-shaped stainless steel grilling grids to prevent flare-ups.
- The grilling grids also help to enhance flavors.
The Fuego professional is a small and highly portable Propane Gas fueled grill with a large cooking area.
- Feature 525 square inches of cooking space and a compact closable lid.
- A 26 500 BTU combined two-burner set.
- A Hinged 45-degree lid for easy cleanup and reach.
- The perfect clasp door closure system.
A small and petit grill that will easily stand on nay tabletop from Cuisinart, a top name in Grill Brands.
- Portable design propane Gas fuelled grill with a 145 square inch grill surface.
- Very powerful 5500 BTU stainless steel burners add even-heating porcelain-enameled grate.
- Aluminum legs and stabilizing feet are set up with an integrated lid lock.
- A pronounced briefcase styled carry handle and collapsible folding design.
- This is a mini size Tailgate grill designed by NOMADIQ.
- The portable grill weighs only 12 pounds and is ideal for use while camping, tailgating, RVs, boats, decks, and patios.
- It features a cooking area of 226 Square inches of ceramic-coated non-stick grates for easy cooking.
- The grill grates are removable, dishwasher-safe, and rust-resistant.
- It offers 2 separate grilling side, each producing almost 5,000 BTUs for even heat distribution and perfect cooking.
- This is a Class 280 Grill designed by Char-Broil.
- It features 280 Square inches of cooking space, with porcelain-coated grates that are easy to clean and non-stick.
- The grill also includes a side burner with up to 8,000 BTUs to give you a secondary cooking space for side dishes.
- It features two Stainless steel in-line burners for even heating, as well as a porcelain-coated steel lid and firebox.
- This grill by Coleman is designed to take less space and deliver perfectly cooked food.
- The party grill is compact, portable, and ideal for camping, picnics, and tailgating.
- It delivers 8,000 BTUs of cooking power across the grilling surface and offers even heat distribution.
- The grill operates with an InstaStart push-button ignition for convenience, and the PerfectFlow technology ensures consistent performance regardless of surrounding conditions.
- This is a small Red and Black grill designed by Megamaster.
- It offers a total cooking area of 360 Square inches and allows you to cook small portions evenly.
- The grill provides 11,000 BTUs with a stainless steel burner operating on the Push-button Piezo ignition.
- It is designed with porcelain-enameled cooking grates for easy maintenance.
Index Table: Top Rated Small Propane Grills
|1||Weber Spirit 2 - Small OutdoorPropane Grill||Weber||97.6|
|2||Coleman Road Trip - Small Propane Grill||Coleman||97|
|3||Weber Liquid Propane - Small Propane Gas Fuelled Grill||Weber||98|
|4||Solaire Anywhere - Portable Infrared Propane Gas Grill||Solaire||98|
|5||Fuego Professional - Small Propane Grill||Fuego||97|
|6||Cuisinart Petit - Small Tabletop Propane Grill||Cuisinart||97|
|7||NOMADIQ Portable - Small Tailgate Grill||NOMADIQ||96.5|
|8||Char-Broil Classic 280 - Propane Gas Grill||Char-Broil||96.1|
|9||Coleman Party - Propane Gas Grill||Coleman||95.6|
|10||Megamaster 820-0065C - Propane Gas Grill||Megamaster||95.2|
Table of Contents
- Benefits of a Small Propane Grill
- What to Look for in Propane Grill
- Features of a Good Small Propane Grill
- Reviews: The Best Small Propane Grills
- Weber® Spirit 2 Small OutdoorPropane Grill
- Coleman® Road Trip Small Propane Grill
- Weber® Liquid Propane Small Propane Gas Fuelled Grill
- Solaire® Anywhere Portable Infrared Propane Gas Grill
- Fuego® Professional Small Propane Grill
- Cuisinart® Petit Small Tabletop Propane Grill
- NOMADIQ® Portable Small Tailgate Grill
- Char-Broil® Classic 280 Propane Gas Grill
- Coleman® Party Propane Gas Grill
- Megamaster® 820-0065C Propane Gas Grill
- Index Table: Top Rated Small Propane Grills