Do not let the size of your outdoor space or patio limit you from enjoying a good BBQ. There is plenty of compact and smaller-sized Grill on the market that is just as good as their larger mates.
Not to mention the portability and versatile uses of a smaller grill for camping and picnics.
Reviews: The Best Small Grills
Here are some great value and top brands in smaller sized Grills;
We hope you love the small grills we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Why You may Need a Smaller Grill
- Small Home or Apartment – If you have a small home with a very limited space patio or yard, you may not be able to keep a large grill and a smaller, more compact grill can be just what you need.
- Camping and Outdoor Adventures – Smaller grills are ideal for Camping, Picnics, Fishing Trips, Tailgating, and many other fun activities where you require a portable and compact grill.
- Beach Use – The smaller portable Grill is perfect for having a BBQ at the beach.
- Tailgating – Tailgating is another fun activity that many of us enjoy, and the tailgate grill is ideal for tailgating. Most smaller grill models will work correctly.
- Indoor Use – Small tabletop electrical or Gas operated grills are perfect for use indoors.
Types of Small Grills
- Charcoal – You get smaller versions of charcoal-fuelled grills in many shapes sizes and forms. They are you cheaper grill types, which are ideal for outdoor use only.
- Electric – Electric Grill requires an electrical power source to operate it, they come in all sizes, and some excellent smaller models are available. The small electric Grill is perfect for indoor use.
- Propane or Natural Gas – Propane or Natural gas Fuelled grills can also be found in smaller options. They are ideal for both indoor and outdoor use.
Features of a Good Small Grill
- Grill – The Grill itself is small and compact made from durable aluminum or steel with or without a powder or porcelain enamel coating.
- Grates – The grates usually consist of stainless steel, cast iron, or cast aluminum with or without a porcelain enamel coating. The gates can be 250 square inches or smaller on a medium to small-sized Grill.
- Fuel – Fueling can consist of charcoal, gas, or electrical source depending on the grill type. A 20 000 BTU three burner set is usually the maximum or a smaller 55000 one burner for a smaller sized gas grill. The Charcoal grill comes with an ashtray to catch ash for easy cleaning, and the electric Grill only requires an electrical outlet.
- Extras – Additional extras include a side or bottom storage rach, stand, and wheels, although most smaller grills do not have many extra features.
- Temperature Controls – There are Dampers on most charcoal kettle grills to control temperature and ventilation, whereas gas and electric grills usually have an integrated temperature Thermometer and settings, as well as a push, start ignition button.
How We Test and Score Small Grills
These reviews are based on intense research, analysis, and feedback from our experts and real users from different digital platforms.
We spent 37 hours trying, testing, and scoring these Small Grills for different key parameters and then shortlisted the best products in the market, saving you time and effort.
We used the following parameters for our tests and analysis.
- Portability – We checked how easy and portable to carry the grill.
- Non-Stick – We checked how non-sticky the Grill was, which made cooking and cleaning much easier.
- Capacity – We noted the maximum proportion of food that the Grill can handle.
- Temperature Control – We observed how helpful temperature control was in grilling to avoid overcooked and undercooked food.
- Style – We analyzed how appealing the design or style of the Grill is as if it could meet the user’s expectations.
Index Table: Top Rated Small Grills
Table of Contents