Do not let the size of your outdoor space or patio limit you from enjoying a good BBQ. There is plenty of compact and smaller-sized Grill on the market that is just as good as their larger mates.
Not to mention the portability and versatile uses of a smaller grill for camping and picnics.
Table of Contents
- Why You may Need a Smaller Grill
- Types of Small Grills
- Features of a Good Small Grill
- How We Test and Score Small Grills
- Reviews: The Best Small Grills
- George Foreman® Indoor/Outdoor Small Electric Grill
- Weber® Jumbo Joe Small Charcoal Grill
- CuisinArt® Petit Gourmet Small Gas Grill
- Char-Broil® Classic Small GasGrill
- Coleman® RoadTrip Small Gas Grill
- Char Griller® Patio Small Charcoal Grill
- Weber® Q1200 Liquid Propane Grill
- Cuisinart® CCG190RB Charcoal Grill
- George Foreman® GGR50B Electric Grill
- Char-Griller® E06614 Charcoal Grill
- Index Table: Top Rated Small Grills
Why You may Need a Smaller Grill
- Small Home or Apartment – If you have a small home with a very limited space patio or yard, you may not be able to keep a large grill, and a smaller, more compact grill can be just what you need.
- Camping and Outdoor Adventures – Smaller grills are ideal for Camping, Picnics, Fishing Trips, Tailgating, and many other fun activities requiring a portable and compact grill.
- Beach Use – The smaller portable Grill is perfect for having a BBQ at the beach.
- Tailgating – Tailgating is another fun activity that many of us enjoy, and the tailgate grill is ideal for tailgating. Most smaller grill models will work correctly.
- Indoor Use – Small tabletop electrical or Gas operated grills are perfect for use indoors.
Types of Small Grills
- Charcoal – You get smaller versions of charcoal-fuelled grills in many shapes, sizes, and forms. They are your cheaper grill types, which are ideal for outdoor use only.
- Electric – Electric Grill requires an electrical power source to operate; they come in all sizes, and some excellent smaller models are available. The small electric Grill is perfect for indoor use.
- Propane or Natural Gas – Propane or Natural gas Fuelled grills can also be found in smaller options. They are ideal for both indoor and outdoor use.
Features of a Good Small Grill
- Grill – The Grill itself is small and compact and made from durable aluminum or steel with or without a powder or porcelain enamel coating.
- Grates – The grates usually consist of stainless steel, cast iron, or cast aluminum with or without a porcelain enamel coating. The gates can be 250 square inches or smaller on a medium to small-sized Grill.
- Fuel – Fueling can consist of charcoal, gas, or electrical source, depending on the grill type. A 20 000 BTU three burner set is usually the maximum, or a smaller 55000 one burner for a smaller-sized gas grill. The Charcoal grill has an ashtray to catch ash for easy cleaning, and the electric Grill only requires an electrical outlet.
- Extras – Additional extras include a side or bottom storage rack, stand, and wheels, although most smaller grills do not have many extra features.
- Temperature Controls – There are Dampers on most charcoal kettle grills to control temperature and ventilation, whereas gas and electric grills usually have an integrated temperature Thermometer and settings, as well as a push, start ignition button.
How We Test and Score Small Grills
These reviews are based on intense research, analysis, and feedback from our experts and real users from different digital platforms.
We spent 37 hours trying, testing, and scoring these Small Grills for different key parameters and then shortlisted the best products in the market, saving you time and effort.
We used the following parameters for our tests and analysis.
- Portability – We checked how easy and portable to carry the grill.
- Non-Stick – We checked how non-sticky the Grill was, which made cooking and cleaning much easier.
- Capacity – We noted the maximum proportion of food that the Grill can handle.
- Temperature Control – We observed how helpful temperature control was in grilling to avoid overcooked and undercooked food.
- Style – We analyzed how appealing the design or style of the Grill is as if it could meet the user’s expectations.
Reviews: The Best Small Grills
Here are some great value and top brands in smaller sized Grills;
We hope you love the small grills we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- The George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor is a small standing electric grill for indoor and outdoor use.
- This Grill can serve up to 15 people on the large 240 square-inch grates with its durable non-stick coating.
- An included removable stand for the Grill, making it ideal for indoor countertop use or outdoor standing use.
- There are also adjustable temperature controls and probes with the Grill.
- This Grill is an apartment-approved safe and requires an electrical outlet to operate.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
- The Jumbo Joe is one of Weber’s top favorite small portable grills.
- The Jumbo Joe has a heavy gauge steel charcoal grate, a porcelain-enameled bowl, and a lid.
- This kettle-style small charcoal-fuelled Grill is portable and ideal for camping, picnics, and tailgating.
- There is likewise an aluminum ash catcher and a Tuck-n-Carry lid lock.
- The Grill is big enough to hold eight burgers and is ideal for small parties’ families or even couples.
- The Dampers on the Grill allow you to easily control the temperature and ensure good ventilation that you can control.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
- The Cuisinart Petit Gourmet is one of the smaller Gourmet Gas Grills, which comes with small legs making it ideal for camping and picnics and use in small apartments and homes.
- The Grill is portable and uses gas to operate.
- There is a 145 square-inch grate, and the legs can fold away for tabletop use,
- The Grill has a powerful 5500 BTU burner and even heating porcelain-coated grates.
- You can also get the Cuisinart grill in different color options.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
- The Char-Broil Classic is a medium to small-sized gas grill that you can choose with or without a side burner.
- It is a more compact and small stature standing Grill with 280 square inches of cooking grates.
- The grates are porcelain-coated for durability and non-stick, and there are two stainless steel burners.
- The steel lid is also porcelain-coated, and a firebox can withstand weather elements.
- The Piezo ignition system offers a fast and reliable startup.
- The Coleman is a trendy brand, and this is a small gas grill version from them.
- The Grill comes in a different color selection with a foldable stand and wheels.
- It is a 20 000 BTU gas grill with three adjustable burners and improved burner technology.
- A more medium sied grill that is compact and portable,
- There are an integrated thermometer and easy push-button ignition, and it has four foldable legs and wheels.
- The Char-Griller Patio is a small and compact Charcoal field grill ideal for outdoor use.
- The Grill has cast iron durable grates and a double bottom design.
- The whole Grill is rustproof and powder coated.
- Heavy and durable steel construction and adjustable dampers for temperature control.
- There is also an easy dump ashtray for quick cleaning,
- A convenient wooded side shelf offers added storage space, and there is likewise a bottom storage rack.
- This is a Gas grill designed by Weber and is operated to Liquid Propane gas.
- It features a single Stainless steel burner that produces up to 8500 BTU per hour.
- The Grill contains a total cooking area of 189 square inches for ample space.
- It comes with a built-in thermometer and a glass-reinforced Nylon frame.
- This is a small Charcoal Grill designed by Cuisinart.
- It features 150 square inches of Chrome plated cooking rack to give you a spacious cooking surface.
- The Grill has a dual venting system to give you optimum charcoal management and temperature control.
- It also includes three secure lid locks for easy and safe transport.
- This is an Electric grill designed by George Foreman.
- It features 240 square inches of circular grilling surface that allows you to cook 15+ servings simultaneously.
- The Grill comes covered with nonstick cooking for easy cooking and easy cleanup.
- It comes with an adjustable temperature probe to complete control over the cooking.
- This is a Red Charcoal Grill designed by Char-Griller.
- It features a 153-square-inch primary cooking area with Cast Iron grates.
- The Kamado-style Grill promotes even heat distribution to enhance flavor and deliver an even cook.
- It features an ignition-type no-ignition system for convenience.
Index Table: Top Rated Small Grills
|1||George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor - Small Electric Grill||George Foreman||97|
|2||Weber Jumbo Joe - Small Charcoal Grill||Weber||98.7|
|3||CuisinArt Petit Gourmet - Small Gas Grill||CuisinArt||97|
|4||Char-Broil Classic - Small GasGrill||Char-Broil||97|
|5||Coleman RoadTrip - Small Gas Grill||Coleman||96|
|6||Char Griller Patio - Small Charcoal Grill||Char Griller||95|
|7||Weber Q1200 - Liquid Propane Grill||Weber||97.6|
|8||Cuisinart CCG190RB - Charcoal Grill||Cuisinart||97.1|
|9||George Foreman GGR50B - Electric Grill||George Foreman||96.8|
|10||Char-Griller E06614 - Charcoal Grill||Char-Griller||96.2|