When you need to enjoy maximum grilling efficiency in a small space there are few grills that cab beat the more direct concentrated and blast heat function of the Japanese style tabletop grill called the hibachi grill.
Without the word Hibachi grill, we will not be able to enjoy the popular yakitori or robatayaki dishes.
The Hibachi Grill and Its Origin
When we think of the Hibachi grill we regularly lean towards the flat iron plate grills mostly seen in Japanese restaurants.
However, these are not Hibachi grills, they are actually teppanyaki grills,
The true Japanese Hibachi grill takes the form of a round box-like grill with an open top and a heatproof lining in the interior box.
The Hibachi grill is designed it hold burning charcoal, and to impart an artisanal vibe.
Modern variations of the Hibachi grill are usually large enough to build a two-level fire, which means you can easily make one side hotter than the other.
Because your food remains close to the flame the Hibachi BBQ is the best for cooking things like smaller strips of meat, kebabs, and seafood.
As you have noticed there teppanyaki and Hibachi grill are quite similar, both involve cooking food over an open flame. Although they may seem the same, they have many different origins in general.
The Hibachi grill is thought to date back to the Heian period between 794 and 1185 AD. The word Hibachi means “Fire Bowl”, referring to the cylindrical shape of the container and the open top where you burn wood or charcoal.
Most Hibachi grill containers are metal lined and consist of ceramic, metal, or wood. They can be very decorative and may be built into furniture stands to be easier to use.
Benefits of the Hibachi Grill
The Hibachi Grill is so much more than a decorative or nostalgic piece;
- Advantages – It is s small and compact grill that is ideal for people who have small space available to them. The Hibachi grill is very affordable and highly portable, making it ideal for camping and picnics. It is fuel-efficient and well-suited to grill for one or two people. You can easily store your Hibachi grill. The Hibachi grill makes for a superb gift and is also ideal to use with family and friends for something a bit other than the usual grilling styles.
- Drawbacks – The Hibachi grill however cannot be used for indirect grilling, or for smoking as there is no cover or lid for it. It is suitable for small cuts of meat and thinner meats and foods that can be grilled directly. The Hibachi grill is small and can only hold enough food for one or two people. Heat control can be challenging with a Hibachi grill, especially with low and Hibachi grills that do not have separate vents available.
Features of a Good Hibachi Grill
- Type – The Term Hibachi grill can take on a looser meaning especially in the USA. There are so many different styles and models in what is said to be Hibachi grills, however what will remain a consist clue is the fact that a Hibachi grill does not have atop cover.
- Type of Hibachi Grill – Hibachi Girls come in a variety of types. Most Hibachi Grills have Charcoal fuel requirements and they are generally very small and portable. You get Cast iron, steel, and wood Hibachi grills as well as ceramic and other models. They may have bottom vents for circulation and to control temperatures.
- Features for Charcoal Cooking – The charcoal cooking method of the Hibachi grill gives delicious smoky flavors to your meats and foods.
- Grate – The Hibachi grill may have a cast iron grate or a stainless-steel grate which is your most durable option. There will however not be a lid. the grate will be small such as the grill allowing only enough cooking space for one or two people at a time.
- Fire Levels – Most Hibachi grills offer you two levels of fire so that you can separate the coal into two levels for different heat options.
- Bottom Vents – The Bottom Vents on the Hibachi grill allow the fire to get air so that it burns properly. Most designs will come with sufficient bottom vents, although some may have fewer vents.
Reviews: The Best Hibachi Grills
These are some of our top favorite Hibachi Grill Models that are available today;
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- The ChefMaster is a cast-iron design mini-sized Hibachi Grill.
- The Hibachi grill has a wooden base and metal lined fuel holder,
- It is small and portable and can be used indoors.
- The Hibachi grill heats up quickly and is a mini and decorative design.
- The Kinka Hibachi grill us a BBQ diatomite charcoal design.
- It has a 54 by 23 c, size, and is quite compact.
- The grill has a wood box and metal lining,
- It is very lightweight and portable.
- The Hinomaru Collection Hibachi grill is a Japanese design charcoal grill for tabletop use.
- It has a wire mesh grate and a wooden base that is decorated.
- There are also a few more neutral color options available.
- The grill uses charcoal as fuel and is quite compact in design.
- Here we have a Stainless-Steel Hibachi style grill that is foldable and portable.
- It has a compact design and is ideal for camping and picnics.
- The Hibachi grill is completely stainless steel and foldable for portability.
- It uses charcoal for fuel and has a more compact small size.
- Another excellent model Hibachi grill is durable and portable.
- The grill consists of durable and rust-resistant stainless steel and is on a stand.
- The Hibachi grill can be used on the ground or on a tabletop.
- Because of its small and foldable design, it is easily portable.
- The Update International is another superb Hibachi Grill Model.
- The Grill consists of cast iron and has a metal coating on the wooden box.
- You get two options, the plain cast iron, or the dragon engraved model.
- This is the dragon model that we have features.
- It is small and compact and uses charcoal as fuel.
Index Table: Top Rated Hibachi Grills
|1||ChefMaster Mini - Small Hibachi Grill||ChefMaster||97.3|
|2||Kinka Diatomite - Hibachi Grill||Kinka||97|
|3||Hinomaru Japapnese - Decorative Hibachi Grill||Hinomaru||96|
|4||ASLDM Portable - Hibachi Grill||ASLDM||95|
|5||ASLDM Folding - Hibachi Grill||ASLDM||96|
|6||Update International Dragon - Hibachi Grill||Update International||95|
Table of Contents
- The Hibachi Grill and Its Origin
- Benefits of the Hibachi Grill
- Features of a Good Hibachi Grill
- Reviews: The Best Hibachi Grills
- Index Table: Top Rated Hibachi Grills