At Grill Ignite, we take our product testing and rating seriously. We put each product through its paces so that you can make an informed decision before making your purchase. But how do we test and rate products? Let’s take a closer look.
A Little Bit About Us
It’s a little-known fact that not all grilling accessories are created equal. We at Grill Ignite believe in giving you the best of the best when it comes to taste and enjoyment – we review grilling accessories from top brands and even those who are new in the market but have efficient products. Keep reading to know more about how we accomplish this.
The Review Process: How We Shortlist the Products
The process of shortlisting grills and related accessories is a challenging task. There are so many choices, brands, styles, prices that it can be overwhelming to find the right one.
But, we’ve done the hard work for you!
Our experts take the time to research the best suppliers, find any potential issues with quality or price and then hand-pick what we think are the highest quality items available at that time. They will help guide your purchase as you decide on which grilling accessories are right for you!
Here’s a sneak peek of the process the products have to go through in order to get a spot in our lists of best ones.
- Tried and Tested: We get the products, we try them on, we test them in suitable environments, and we share the results with you. Sometimes, we get the products for free from the sellers or brands, and sometimes we purchase them to check if they stand true to their claims.
- Window Shopping: We also go to stores and check out the finish and quality of the accessories to observe and compare what they claim to deliver without actually buying them.
- Third-Party Reviews: Sometimes, the brand owners share the products with third-party reviewers who can test the products in much better environments, like using BBQ grill light at night time, or trying waterproof grill covers on rainy days. This simply helps us to test products to their limits.
- Online Digging: Whenever we are unable to get the products in our hands, we dig through the internet, from the brand websites to e-commerce stores and even online reviewing platforms, to fetch genuine reviews from real people to bring you the most honest feedback of the products.
Moreover, all general information is thoroughly sourced from credible websites.
For What Features We Test the Products
All products that appear in our lists go through the scrutinization of a strict process.
- Durability – We researched how long users are able to use these grills without any reported changes in their quality or design.
- Weight – We compared the grills’ weight and looked for strong and lightweight materials.
- Space-Saving – We checked whether the dimension of the grill is just adequate for its function.
- Rust-Resistant – We analyzed how effectively the grill material resists rust.
- Maintenance – We researched how long users are able to use the grill without any reported changes in the quality and how easy was it to clean.
- Weather Resistant – We analyzed how effectively the grill material withstands damages from weather like sun, wind, and rain.
- Grilling Surface – We compared whether the size of the grill’s surface is just suitable for its purpose.
- Drip Tray – We analyzed how effectively the tray collects the flavorful juices that come off the meat for use in a sauce or stock.
- Accessibility – We assessed how easy to use the functionality of the grill was.
- Heat Retention – We observed how quickly the grill absorbed heat and produced conduction.
- Reduce Grease – We researched how effectively the grill reduced grease.
- Non-Stick – We checked how non-sticky the grill was, which made cooking and cleaning much easier.
- Size and Space – We checked if the grill was compact and portable for easy storage.
- Adjustable – We tested the grill’s adjustability to check whether it is useful for grilling.
- Reduce Flare-ups – We researched how effectively the grill reduced flare-ups while cooking for safety purposes.
- Quality – We researched how long users are able to use these grills without any reported changes in the quality or design.
- Lid Handle – We checked how effectively the lid handle allows the grill to heat faster and retain heat longer.
- Temperature Control – We observed how helpful temperature control was in grilling to avoid overcooked and undercooked food.
- Style – We analyzed how appealing the design or style of the grill is as if it could meet the user’s expectations.
- Quickly Heating – We noted how fast the grill heated.
- Capacity – We noted the maximum proportion of food that the grill can handle.
- Wheels – We observed how easy to move the grill while being used.
- Quick Ignition – We checked how quickly and safely the grill could spark a fire.
- Firebox – We observed how ensured the heat can flow above, under, and around all sides of the grill.
- Floating Hinge – We analyzed how useful the hinge can adjust to cooking foods of different thicknesses.
- Removable Plate – We took note of how easy for the user to control the heat when cooking and for easy cleaning.
- Easy-Carry – We checked how easy and portable to carry the grill.
- Light Indicator – We tested how useful the indicator was to know when the grill was preheated and ready for cooking.
- Easy Assembly – We took note of how easy it was to assemble with the different grills that we have tested.
- Price – We checked the grill’s affordability having good quality.
- Removable Ash Pan – We checked how easy it was to disposed ashes.
- Thermometer – We assessed how helpful the instrument was to cook precisely to avoid foodborne illnesses or overcooked meats.
Why Should You Trust Us?
We provide the most honest reviews
We bring you the best products in the market
We share information that’s true to the best of our knowledge
At Grill Ignite, we try and test all kinds of brands and types of grills and grilling accessories to confidently say that we know which ones are worth your time (and money).
Trust us – when it comes to finding the best grill products out there, we know what we’re talking about! Whether you’re looking for the best grill lighters, wood pellets for smoking, or a Bluetooth BBQ meat thermometer, we’ve got you covered.