A smoker gives a rich flavor to your food and cooks it at a low temperature for a long time, to keep all the juicy flavor in and give you the most delicious and tender meats and foods.
Types of Grill Smokers and How They Work
The Smoker is an outdoor cooking appliance that maintains low cooking temperatures for extended periods while producing flavorful smoke around the meat for maximum absorption.
There are many ways to smoke your meats and foods, just as there are many different types of Smoker grills available. In the end, the most important factor to consider is how much money you want to spend and what kind of Barbecue you want to smoke.
Besides the Grill and Smoker in one, different types of smokers need to be considered, as they may be part of your grill Smoker Combination;
- Vertical Smoker – This is your least expensive and most cost-effective Smoker that uses water as a heating source and fuel and also comes in small and compact sizes that are quite powerful and effective.
- Offset Smoker – The Offset smoker has two parts, a cooking chamber, and a firebox, the problem with most Offset smokers is that they do not keep even temperatures and can leak smoke; therefore, you will need to test it out first to know if it is a good smoker. Or you can just follow reviews from other consumers.
- Box Smoker – The Box, Vault or Cabinet Smoker as they may be known, is precisely what it says, a box with a heat source, the catch to this type of Smoker is that you need to go for the larger and most expensive models as they are the effective ones.
- Drum Smoker – This is the most basic and simple Smoker to use with a basic Drum and firebox, ventilation holes control temperatures and cook foods evenly.
What is the Actual Difference Between a Smoker and Grill
The main difference between a general Kettle or PK Charcoal grill and a smoker is the fact that the Smoker contains the fire in a separate space and keeps a low heat. In contrast, the grill is designed to cook at high temperatures and very fast with open space directly underneath the food.
Your Average Charcoal grill with lig should be able to cook and smoke food, but it can be very tricky when it comes to controlling the temperature. Therefore I would rather recommend that you invest in a Goo Grill and Smoker in one which will give you the best results with the least effort and will be a better investment in the long run.
Features of a Good Grill Smoker
- Grill area and additional side smoker box.
- Infrared, Electrical, Gas, or Charcoal technology for fueling and ignition.
- A large grill and smoking surface area.
- Porcelain-enameled for durability.
- Wheels for portability.
Reviews: The Best Grill Smoker
Below are some of the top brands and models when it comes to quality Grill Smokers
The Char-Broil Big Easy is an all in one TRU-Infrared Grill, Smoker, and Roaster that has endless uses for grilling, smoking, and roasting delicious foods and meats.
- A versatile griller, Smoker, and roaster.
- Uses Infrared technology to cook food evenly without flare-ups.
- Cooks evenly and holds its temperature, which is likewise adjustable.
- Large cooking area and an additional smoker box for added flavor.
The Royal Gourmet is a large and portable grill with a side Offset smoker for versatile and easy grilling and smoking in one easy to use the device.
- Large cooking grate and effortless assembly.
- A Combination of an Offset Smoker and Grill.
- A Chrome warming rack and side vents for controlling temperature.
- Large capacity charcoal pan and comfortable lifting handles.
- Bottom shelves and side storage panels.
The Ultimate family Grill and Smoker in one with 6 in 1 uses and cooking methods as well as a large grate to entertain family and friends.
- The Ultimate Family sized wood pellet smoker.
- Easy fan-forced convection cooking.
- A temperature and pellet feed control system.
- Huge 450 square inch grate and grill area.
- Foldable side shelves and heavy-duty all-terrain wheels for portability.
- The cover and racks are completely rust-proof.
The Dyna Glo is a Charcoal Fueled Offset Smoker with a heavy-duty steel body and high temperature holding abilities.
- A Heavy Guage Porcelain-enameled steel wood chip smoker box.
- Heavy-duty 15 000 BTU cast iron burners and easy electronic pulse ignition.
- Lare 784 square inch cooking area and smoking area.
- Heavy-duty steel body and design with rust-proof materials.
From Real cook, we have their highly innovative heady duty round Grill and Smoker in one, which is ideal for outdoor cooking as it uses Charcoal as Fuel.
- A 435 square inch cooking space and built-in safe and easy to use temperature control system and thermometer.
- Multi functional for <strong.Smoking, grilling,baking, braising and roating.
- Two access doors and a latch lock system.
The Smokey Mountain From Weber comes in three size options for you to choose from and comes complete with temperature controls and easily adjustable dampers.
- A porcelain enamel lid and bowl with a rust-proof center area.
- Two cooking grates and a large smoking area.
- There are silicone temperature monitoring grommets for measuring internal temperatures.
- Removable fuel door ad easily adjustable dampers.
- Comes in eiethr a 14, 18 or 22 inch ize variation to choose from.
- This is a unique capsule shape Charcoal Grill and Smoker.
- It comes with four vents, as well as 300 Sq. Inches of the cooking surface to make grilling easier, either hot and fast, or low and slow.
- The grill is constructed with Cast Aluminum that is rust-proof, lightweight, durable and conducts four times more heat than steel.
- It is portable and packs easy for camping, etc.
- This smoker grill is made using high temperature Powder Coated Steel.
- It offers a cooking temperature range of 180-500F.
- The grill features a digital control board with an LED read-out.
- It also includes an innovative flame broiler for direct flame cooking, as well as porcelain-coated wire cooking grids.
- This is a traditional style Charcoal grill with a side firebox for Texas-style barbecues.
- It is constructed using Powder-coated Steel construction, as well as non-stick cast-iron cooking grates for even heating.
- The removable charcoal drawer allows easy adding and removal of charcoal.
- It features a temperature gauge, storage rack, as well as two wheels for easy transport.
- This cooking grill features five chrome-plated cooking grates, as well as a total cooking space of 1382 Sq. Inches.
- It is made with heavy-gauge steel body construction for durability and even heat distribution.
- The grill includes a temperature gauge smoke zone feature, which indicates the ideal temperature for perfect smoking.
- It delivers a cool-touch spring lid grip, as well as cool to touch handles for safe access.
Index Table: Top Rated Grill Smokers
|1||Char Broil Big Easy - Grill Smoker and Roaster||Char Broil||98.4|
|2||Royal Gourmet CC1830F - Grill Smoker||Royal Gourmet||97|
|3||Z grills ZPG-450A 2019 - Grill Smoker||Z grills||99|
|4||Dyna Glo Charcoal - Offset Grill Smoker||Dyna Glo||97|
|5||Realcook Vertical - Charcoal Grill Smoker||Realcook||98|
|6||Weber Smokey Mountain - Grill Smoker||Weber||98|
|7||PK Grills PKO-SCAX-X - Grill & Smoker||PK Grills||97.6|
|8||Pit Boss Classic - Grill & Smoker||Pit Boss||97.1|
|9||Char-Griller Smokin Pro - Charcoal Grill with Fire Box||Char-Griller||96.5|
|10||Dyna-Glo Heavy-Duty - Charcoal Smoker & Grill||Dyna-Glo||96.2|
Table of Contents
- Types of Grill Smokers and How They Work
- What is the Actual Difference Between a Smoker and Grill
- Features of a Good Grill Smoker
- Reviews: The Best Grill Smoker
- Char Broil® Big Easy Grill Smoker and Roaster
- Royal Gourmet® CC1830F Grill Smoker
- Z grills® ZPG-450A 2019 Grill Smoker
- Dyna Glo® Charcoal Offset Grill Smoker
- Realcook® Vertical Charcoal Grill Smoker
- Weber® Smokey Mountain Grill Smoker
- PK Grills® PKO-SCAX-X Grill & Smoker
- Pit Boss® Classic Grill & Smoker
- Char-Griller® Smokin Pro Charcoal Grill with Fire Box
- Dyna-Glo® Heavy-Duty Charcoal Smoker & Grill
- Index Table: Top Rated Grill Smokers