Charcoal has a unique way of giving foods the distinct Barbecue flavor and essence that we all love.
A Charcoal Grill Smoker can be a handy attachment for your grill, which can smoke your foods to perfection.
Why Smoke Foods and Meats
Smoking is a delicious way of preparing and preserving foods for much longer. You can use your charcoal Smoker to smoke and roast flavorful foods such as meats and vegetables.
The lump charcoal gives a unique and different flavor to food, other than wood smoking, which some individuals may prefer, and give it a more BBQ-like taste.
A Few Benefits of Smoking your Food in a Charcoal Grill Smoker
- Flavor – Smoking gives food a unique flavor that can not be duplicated by any other cooking method. Smoking also breaks down the collagen in meats, making them much more tender and meeting fasts into the meat for even more flavor.
- Enhances Smell and Appearance – Smoking Meat adds flavor and smell and improves the overall appearance of your foods to be more delicious and attractive.
- Meat Preservation -Smoking preserves meat much longer and better than any other method.
- Safer Foods – After the meat is smoked, there s a lack of moisture. It has a more acidic coating, and a much harsher environment, preventing bacterial growth and entering bacteria into the meat. Thus the meat is safer to eat and less likely to spoil.
- Fun – Grilling and smoking food is fun and primitive, dating back thousands of years to bring family and friends together.
- Healthier – Smoking and cooking meats at low temperatures for longer is a great way to add flavor to lean cuts of meat and make them more tender. Thus you can enjoy healthier meats. This even includes fish, chicken, and turkey.
- Versatile – You can smoke any meat, including vegetable types, salts, sugars, oils, fruits, and spices. To add different flavor elements.
Features of a Good Charcoal Grill Smoker
- Grates – The Grates or Cooking space is where you will place your foods to be smoked. This area should be between 250 and 784 square inches, whereas your general sizes are at around 453 square inches of total cooking area. Some smokers have only one grate but can have up to four grates: stainless steel, porcelain-enameled, or made from cast iron. You can likewise use grilling nets to smoke or roast fish and vegetables.
- Structure – The entire smoker structure needs to be temperature resistant and withstand extreme heat without budging. Different materials can be high heat resistant plastic-sprayed iron, chromium-plated grills, brackets, and other materials that resist corrosion.
- Ash Pan – The Removable ash pan catches the excess ashes from the charcoal removable ash pan for easy coal clean-up. This can be either aluminum, stainless steel, or porcelain enameled. The Charcoal and Ash management system has a charcoal chamber, charcoal grate, and a removable ash pan.
- Temperature Regulation – Equipment and tools such as a stainless steel temperature gauge with a smoke zone, Silicone temperature Grommets, or a built-in thermometer can help you to read and regulate the temperature easily. The adjustable air supply in the lid or structure also helps to ventilate the smoker and keep a consistent temperature that will not overheat.
- Doors and Latches – Some smoker systems have a latch locking system for more stability. There are normally one or two access doors to the smoker for you to add the food and charcoal. These doors are apart so that there is no excess airflow on the charcoal, and you can still check the status of your food being smoked.
- Operation – Most grill smokers are designed as multifunctional devices for charcoal roasting and smoking. In general, the smoker is very easy to operate, and you can enjoy delicious smoked food in a few hours.
How We Test and Score Charcoal Grill Smokers
These reviews are based on intense research, analysis, and feedback from our experts and real users from different digital platforms.
We spent 33 hours trying, testing, and scoring these Charcoal Grill Smokers for different key parameters and then shortlisted the best products in the market, saving you time and effort.
We used the following parameters for our tests and analysis.
- Capacity – We noted the maximum proportion of food that the grill can handle.
- Weather Resistant – We analyzed how effectively the grill material withstands weather like sun, wind, and rain damages.
- Temperature Control – We observed how helpful temperature control was in grilling to avoid overcooked and undercooked food.
- Durability – We researched how long users can use these grills without any reported changes in their quality or design.
Reviews: The Best Charcoal Grill Smokers
Here are our top picks in the best available Charcoal Smokers for Your Grill. Keep in mind that some have specific Grill brands that they attach to;
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
From Dyna-Glo, we have their extra-large cooking space smoker for your grill.
- Comes with four cooking grates and a 784 extra large square inch cooking space.
- There are a unique Charcoal and ash management system with a Charcoal Chamber, Charcoal Grate, and a removable ashtray.
- The Custom Fit Dyna-Glo cover, sold separately, protects your smoker from outdoor elements.
- A stainless steel temperature Guage with a smoke zone indicates ideal temperatures for infusing and smoking.
- Options for Gas or Charcoal fuel, with or without a lid.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
Weber is a top name in grills and smokers; their Smokey Mountain Smoker will easily fit most of their Grills.
- A Porcelain-enameled lid, bowl, and center section retains heat much better and will not rust or peel after a while.
- There are two cooking grates and ample cooking space.
- You can easily adjust the dampers to regulate the temperature inside the smoker.
- The fuel door comes off, making it easier to add charcoal and clean.
- Available in a 14 inches, 18 inches, or 22 inches size option to choose from.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
The CharGriller Smoker is ideal for Offset or even Texas Style smoking methods and grilling.
- A removable ash pan allows for fast and easy clean-up.
- Attached to all Char-Griller Barrel Grills.
- You can use it separately as a tabletop grill or a textas-style smoker.
- Heavy-duty steel construction and Cast Iron Cooking grates with 250 square inches of cooking space.
- Available in the Classic color design option or the New Black design color option.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
The RealCOOK BBQ smoker comes with a latch lock, a built-in thermometer, and a two-access door.
- A Built-in thermometer with a detailed temperature scale and adjustable air supply on the lid for better temperature control.
- There are a porcelain-enameled water pan and a charcoal pan for more stable use.
- Heat-resistant bakelite handles for easy transporting.
- Two cooking grids with a total of 636 square inches of cooking space.
- You can use it for both hot and cold smoking.
- A latch locking system for better stability and a two-access door for separate access to food and coals.
- Available in either a 17-inch or 20 Inch size option for your selection.
Another superb Smoker Model form Dyna-Glo
- There are two chrome-plated cooking grates and a total space of 390 square inches.
- The removable middle section easily converts the smoker into a portable charcoal grill.
- A Stainless steel temperature gauge with a “Smoke Zone” and “grill Zone”, indicator.
- The lid damper is adjustable, and there are dual bottom dampers.
- Three stainless steel base latches for mobility.
The Giantex Large Charcoal Grill Smoker offers ample cooking space and intuitive temperature regulation.
- Easy to read thermometer on the door to monitor internal temperatures.
- Large cooking capacity with two grill nettings.
- Convenient double door use so you can check your foods separately.
- The iron structure s temperature resistant and will not corrode.
- Very easy to operate multi-functional design for roasting and smoking.
- This is a Royal Gourmet Charcoal Grill with a combination Offset smoker.
- It features a total of 800 Sq. Inches of cooking surface, including 438 Sq. Inches of the main chamber, 179 Sq. Inches of warming rack, as well as 183 Sq. Inches of offset smoker.
- The grill offers porcelain-enameled, stainless steel cooking grates and chrome-plated racks.
- It comes with a heavy-duty lift and a professional thermometer to check the internal temperature.
- This is a Combination Charcoal Offset smoker and grill.
- It features 290 sq. inches of cooking surface in the main chamber.
- The grill also includes 140 sq—inches of cooking space in the firebox chamber.
- It comes with an adjustable height steel fire grate and a built-in adjustable damper.
- This is a Vertical Charcoal smoker grill designed by Barton.
- It features a multi-layer design that makes it multi-purpose and versatile.
- The grill has a built-in thermometer with a detailed temperature scale and adjustable air vents for temperature control.
- It provides a large charcoal pan for a long time smoking without reloading.
- This is an ultimate, 6-in-1 wood pellet charcoal grill.
- It offers a convenient, one-button startup that eliminates starter fluid needs.
- The grill features a digital auto temperature control to ensure it doesn’t overcook the food.
- It is easy to clean with a specially designed waste oil collector.
Index Table: Top Rated Charcoal Grill Smokers
|1||Dyna-Glo Vertical - Charcoal Grill Smoker||Dyna-Glo||97.75|
|2||Weber Smokey Mountain - Charcoal Grill Smoker||Weber||96.25|
|3||CharGriller Box - Charcoal Grill Smoker||CharGriller||94.75|
|4||Realcook BBQ - Charcoal Grill Smoker||Realcook||97|
|5||Dyna-Glo Compact - Charcoal Grill Smoker||Dyna-Glo||98|
|6||Giantex Vertical 2-Tier - Large Charcoal Grill Smoker||Giantex||98|
|7||Royal Gourmet CC1830F - Charcoal Grill||Royal Gourmet||97.6|
|8||Char-Broil 12201570-A1 - Charcoal Offset Smoker||Char-Broil||97.2|
|9||Barton Vertical - Charcoal Smoker Grill||Barton||96.7|
|10||Z GRILLS 6 in 1 - Wood Pellet Charcoal Grill||Z GRILLS||96.3|
Table of Contents
- Why Smoke Foods and Meats
- A Few Benefits of Smoking your Food in a Charcoal Grill Smoker
- Features of a Good Charcoal Grill Smoker
- How We Test and Score Charcoal Grill Smokers
- Reviews: The Best Charcoal Grill Smokers
- Dyna-Glo® Vertical Charcoal Grill Smoker
- Weber® Smokey Mountain Charcoal Grill Smoker
- CharGriller® Box Charcoal Grill Smoker
- Realcook® BBQ Charcoal Grill Smoker
- Dyna-Glo® Compact Charcoal Grill Smoker
- Giantex® Vertical 2-Tier Large Charcoal Grill Smoker
- Royal Gourmet® CC1830F Charcoal Grill
- Char-Broil® 12201570-A1 Charcoal Offset Smoker
- Barton® Vertical Charcoal Smoker Grill
- Z GRILLS® 6 in 1 Wood Pellet Charcoal Grill
- Index Table: Top Rated Charcoal Grill Smokers