One of the most engaging cooking experiences that completely outrates the rest is cooking over a wood or charcoal fire.
Nothing compares to the flavor and scent of a wood or charcoal fire, which brings back nostalgic memories and creates a feeling of complete bliss.
Reviews: The Best Charcoal Grills
Below we have listed some of the tops of the range brands and models of Charcoal Grill that are available today;
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
I kick off with the number one seller in Kettle Grills, but Charcoal grill, the weber Original, and the affordable and classic weber model in Charcoal Grills.
- It can hold up to 19 Burgers on the grate and comes with a Weber Burger Press.
- An easy one-touch cleaning system with a high-capacity ash catcher for easy cleanup.
- The lid and bowl are porcelain-enameled to retain heat much better.
- You can slide the lid into the Tuck-Away Lid holder when not in use.
- A premium stainless steel cooking grate and a hinged design for durability.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
The Char-Griller Premium is a top favorite in portable Kettle grills that use charcoal as fuel.
- Available in a red or black color option and has a 379 square inch average-sized cooking area.
- A smoker and Grill is one that uses charcoal or wood chips, which is good for cooking different types of meat, seafood, and poultry products.
- An easy dump design ashtray, wheels, and stand are included for portability and easy maintenance.
- Precise temperature control design with dual damper controls.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
A more affordable and huge design Kettle Grill is ideal for outdoor cooking using Charcoal as fuel.
- A 21″ inch cooking area that is spacious and ideal for time with friends and family.
- Premium quality porcelain coated and thick grill handles for durability.
- Offers superb heat control with a heavy-duty steel grate for charcoal cooking.
- Easy and convenient lid with a connected hinge and safety buckle.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
One of my favorites and one of the most sought Grill brands is the Outlaw from Char-Griller. This model has a heavy-duty design and Cast Iron grates, which are ideal for safer cooking.
- A Heavy gauge steel construction with long-term durability and use is guaranteed.
- Ther is an airtight flanged hood with a heat gauge.
- <strong.The grates are made from durable and healthy, non-stick Cast iron.
- A total of 1063 square inches of cooking space is very generous, with an additional warming rack.
- The Fire Grate is adjustable and easy to clean.
The Royal Gourmet is a Grill with an Offset smoker that uses wood and Charcoal and is an ideal outdoor design.
- A traditional Barrel grill with a lid and an offset smoker designed for outdoor use only.
- An easy removal ash pan for easy cleaning and no ignition dials can get damaged by rain.
- There is a total of 800 square inches of cooking space ideal for large groups and families.
- Additionally, there is a smokestack, temperature gauge, scald-proof handle on the lid, and a connecting door on the side for tending Charcoal, as well as air vents and a portable design.
One of the top names when it comes to the Ceramic style charcoal grill is, of course, the Kamado, and I have chosen their classic design in Charcoal Grills.
- Premium quality 18 inches sized Ceramic grill comes with a cart and wheels for portability.
- There is a 2 tier divide system for more flexible cooking to cook a variety of foods.
- A Kontrol top vent for better airflow.
- The patented air lift hinge reduces the lid’s weight and ensures that it will not slam down.
- An advanced Mulyipanel Firebox for better grill efficiency and a patented ash drawer slides out for easy cleanup.
- There is also a Built Thermometer, and additional shelving for storage.
- This charcoal grill comes with a tray adjustment system for fine-turning heat control and cooking flexibility.
- It is heavy-duty, hi-gloss, porcelain-enameled, cast-iron cooking grates.
- The Grill is designed to retain heat for searing food perfectly.
- It offers 686 Sq. Inches of cooking space that cooks a family meal at one time.
- This is a digital charcoal grill that reaches up to 700F for optimum cooking.
- It comes with a temperature and time control digital panel “DigitalFan” or a smart device control tool.
- The Charcoal grill comes with a built-in temperature gauge and a meat thermometer for perfect results every time.
- It can hold up to 10lbs. Of lump charcoal or 16lbs. of Briquettes for 12-15 hours of use.
- It comes with 150 sq—inches of chrome-plated cooking grate that cooks a family meal at one time.
- The Grill is designed for even heat distribution and efficient cooking.
- It features a dual venting system that gives you the ultimate charcoal management and temperature control.
- The Grill comes equipped with three secure lid locks for easy and safe transport.
The Charcoal Grill
Given that Gas and Electrical grills are the much cleaners and more convenient methods of Grilling and coking today, not to mention much safer, you should most likely have a good reason to choose a Charcoal grill over these new technologies.
So in those in favor of the Charcoal Grill’s defense, here are some good reasons for selecting a Charcoal grill over the electrical or Gas Grill;
- Versatile – The one thing that I personally love most about my Charcoal grill is that I can use wood or Charcoal as fuel to Grill with. This is the case for most Charcoal grills, and you will not believe the extraordinarily delicious flavors you can get from the right wood types.
- Affordable – Overall, Charcoal Grills are very affordable compared to the Gas or electrical Grill models. However, you can get some pretty fancy and expensive designs in Charcoal Grills today. However, I also like the Charcoal Grill because even the most basic and cheapest Charcoal grill will still give you spectacular results and is still very effective.
- Flavor – Nothing comes close to the distinct flavor of a Charcoal Grilled piece of meat or other foods, for that matter. Charcoal or Wood-Grilled foods have a much better flavor and taste in general.
- Higher Heat – Charcoal Briquettes and wood keep a constant and very high heat. The Charcoal grill has the highest temperature ratings compared to other Grill types.
- Different Styles – Charcoal Grills come in all shapes and sizes, but there are three distinct types, the kettle grill, the ceramic grill, and you are most general charcoal grill smokers, each with its own unique benefits and features.
- Accessories – You can spruce up your Charcoal Grill with additional extras and accessories, such as a Coal Chimney, thermometer, fancy Lightwers, and many more.
Some Drawbacks of Using a Charcoal Grill
Unfortunately, as with every Grill type, there are also drawbacks to consider.
My number one concern with the Charcoal Grill is that it is the most hazardous of all the Grill types and should be used with the proper safety precautions and methods.
The Charcoal Grill is basic and open, which means there is a fire risk, so you need to be careful in that regard.
Some other minor Drawbacks are;
- The Ashcan easily gets into your food and make it less tasty.
- The cleanup afterward is much more than with a Gas or Electrical Grill.
- For a longer cooking session, you will need more Charcoal or wood.
- Most charcoal Grils do not come with many additional features.
- You will need a lighter and lighter fluid regularly to light your Grill.
Features of a Good Charcoal Grill
- Kettle Grill – Designed with an easy fitting lid, wood or heat conduction top handle, and ventilation holes that are adjustable in the lid. It comes with a stand with or without wheels for mobility and with an ashtray, and a grid that fits into the grill.
- Ceramic Grill – Made from High Quality ceramic materials. Different sizes and shape options. It comes with or without stands and wheels for mobility—stainless steel grid and ashtray.
- Barrel Grill – Looks almost like a steel drum that is cut in half. The most basic and largest Charcoal Grill design. Made from steel or aluminum and other materials. It comes with an ashtray, stands, with or without wheels, and a grid.
How We Test and Score Charcoal Grills
These reviews are based on intense research, analysis, and feedback from our experts and real users from different digital platforms.
We spent 31 hours trying, testing, and scoring these Charcoal Grills, for different key parameters and then shortlisted the best products in the market, saving you time and effort.
We used the following parameters for our tests and analysis.
- Heat Retention – We observed how quickly the grill absorbed heat and produced conduction.
- Thermometer – We assessed how helpful the instrument was to cook precisely to avoid foodborne illnesses or overcooked meats.
- Capacity – We noted the maximum proportion of food that the grill can handle.
- Lid Handle – We checked how effectively the lid handle allows the grill to heat faster and retain heat longer.
Index Table: Top Rated Charcoal Grills
|1||Weber Original - Charcoal Kettle Grill||Weber||98|
|2||Char-Griller E86714 - Ash Portable Charcoal Grill||Char-Griller||96.5|
|3||Humos Ceramic - Large Charcoal Grill||Humos||95.5|
|4||Char-Griller 2137 Outlaw - Charcoal Grill||Char-Griller||98|
|5||Royal Gourmet BBQ - Charcoal Grill and Smoker||Royal Gourmet||97|
|6||Kamado Joe - Charcoal Ceramic Grill||Kamado||98|
|7||Dyna-Glo Heavy Duty - Charcoal Grill||Dyna-Glo||97.5|
|8||Masterbuilt Gravity Series - Digital Charcoal Grill||Masterbuilt||97.1|
|9||Cuisinart Portable - Charcoal Grill||Cuisinart||96.6|
Table of Contents
- Reviews: The Best Charcoal Grills
- Weber® Original Charcoal Kettle Grill
- Char-Griller® E86714 Ash Portable Charcoal Grill
- Humos® Ceramic Large Charcoal Grill
- Char-Griller® 2137 Outlaw Charcoal Grill
- Royal Gourmet® BBQ Charcoal Grill and Smoker
- Kamado® Joe Charcoal Ceramic Grill
- Dyna-Glo® Heavy Duty Charcoal Grill
- Masterbuilt® Gravity Series Digital Charcoal Grill
- Cuisinart® Portable Charcoal Grill
- The Charcoal Grill
- Some Drawbacks of Using a Charcoal Grill
- Features of a Good Charcoal Grill
- How We Test and Score Charcoal Grills
- Index Table: Top Rated Charcoal Grills