A gas grill is an excellent choice for both indoor and outdoor cooking.
The Gas grill could, however, be quite expensive initially; thus, here we have a few of the best quality Gas grill options for you that are under $500.
Two Types of Gas Grills
When you are shopping for a new gas grill you first need to understand the main two grill option that is available and choose which option will work the best for you;
- Propane – Most Gas grills use Propane Gas or Liquid as a fuel source, which is easily obtainable and not all that expensive. Depending on the size of your Burners and their heat output, you will use more or less propane gas. This is also a convenient and highly portable fuel method for a grill.
- Natural Gas – This gas is measured in cubic feet, and one cubic foot of natural gas can provide 1020 Btu’s of heat energy per hour for your grill. Natural Gas is safer and much less expensive than propane gas.
What to Consider in a Good Gas grill
At the budget of $500, you should get a Grill that is in between when it comes to quality VS affordability, and there is plenty of good quality grill available at this price.
Here are a few aspects to consider, however;
- Warranty – Higher quality grill usually have much better and longer warranties some up to 10 years.
- Build Quality – Fancy features usually make the price of a grill Sky Rocket, and you rarely need them. Therefore a good sturdy build and quality materials are the most important.
- Heat Output – Look at a BTU rating of between 80and 100 per square inch of cooking space in any good Gas grill.
- Features – Features that are necessary, however, is a good Thermometer, a protective lid, and cover, as well as an InstaStart ignition button or control knob.
- Burners – The Burners are also very important you want good quality and durable burner made from cast iron or stainless steel and nothing else, the number of burners will affect your heat output.
- Size – The size will depend on the number of people you are catering for, and in this case, you will need to look at the size of the grates.
Features of a Good Gas Grill Under $500
- Cast iron or Porcelain Coated Steel grates.
- Large cooking space and additional side cooking or warming rack.
- Side shelving and tool hangers.
- One to Trww burners in the Gas option.
- Large and self-cleaning ashtray in the Charcoal grills.
- Wheels and stand or tabletop design.
- Easy InstaStart Ignition in the Gas Grill Options.
Reviews: The Best Gas Grills Under $500
Here are some excellent brands and models in Gas Grill for under $500;
The Char-Broil Classic is a top grill bland, but their Classic model offers you a much more affordable option.
- A large 360 square inch cooking space on porcelain-coated grates and a 170 square inch porcelain-coated swing-away rack for warming foods.
- There are 8000 BTU side burners for secondary cooking options and three stainless steel in-line burners for main cooking performance,
- The porcelain-coated steel lid and firebox offer protection against the weather and elements.
The Coleman Roadtrip is another top brand in a smaller portable model that is also under $500.
- This grill offers up to 20 000 BTU’s pf grilling and 285 square inches of cooking area.
- There are three independent adjustable burners for enhanced temperature control.
- A water pan catches cooking grease and is removable and easy to clean.
- The two durable side tables offer a space to rest utensils and sauces on.
- There is also an integrated thermometer for more accurate temperature monitoring.
- The InstaStar ignition button ensures fast and easy ignition without lighters or matches.
- This girl is likewise available in 5 colors that you can select from.
The Petit Gourmet is a smaller sized Gas Grill Option under $500.
- A compact 160 square inch cooking space with a porcelain-enameled cooking grate.
- A 5500 output BTU burner with a twist strat ignition for easy start-up.
- It can be used as a freestanding or tabletop grill with a unique design.
- Ideal for serving 4 to 6 people at once.
- The portable gas grill comes with a small telescopic stand.
- You can choose between a natural gas or Propane Gas option.
- There are a tuck-away warming rack and a large cooking area, as well as a sear station that creates an intense heat zone for steering.
- Features a BTU per hour input of 9000.
- The cooking grates are made from durable and rustproof steel rods for ample heat retention.
- This grill offers a large 443 Square inch porcelain wire cooking grate and a smaller 123 square inch side warming rack.
- With a large 39000 BTU output, the stainless steel tube burners also come with an automatic Piezo ignition system.
- There is also a 9000 BTU side burner for side dishes and soups.
- The Glossy lid protects your food and grill for outside elements and retains heat inside.
- There is also a handy grease cup that is easy to clean.
The Char-Griller E3001 is another excellent addition to our list of Gas Grills under $500.
- A huge 40800 BTU gas output and large 438 square inches of cooking space on the main grilling area.
- There is also a 192 square inch warming rack with a 12000 BTU output.
- The grill is constructed from premium quality durable steel and comes with handy side shelves for food preparation.
- Easy electronic ignition and utensil hooks.
- The grates are made from durable and rust resistant cast iron.
- This is the ideal Gas grill for larger families and groups.
Index Table: Top Rated Gas Grills Under $500
|1||Char-Broil Classic - Cheaper Gas Grill||Char-Broil||97.3|
|2||Coleman Roadtrip - Portable Under 500$ Gas Grill||Coleman||98|
|3||Cuisinart Petit Gourmet - Affordable Gas Grill||Cuisinart||96|
|4||Weber Genesis 2 - Affordable Gas Grill||Weber||98|
|5||Royal Gourmet Three Burner - Under 500$ Gas Grill||Royal Gourmet||97|
|6||Char-Griller E3001 - Affordable Gas Grill||Char-Griller||97|
Table of Contents
- Two Types of Gas Grills
- What to Consider in a Good Gas grill
- Features of a Good Gas Grill Under $500
- Reviews: The Best Gas Grills Under $500
- Index Table: Top Rated Gas Grills Under $500