There are not many other summertime recipes that hit the grills more often than the popular Grilled Salmon recipe, which comes in many forms and varieties along the way.
Grilled Salmon can make a delicious and extremely nutritious meal, as Salmon is said to be a superfood and a delicious one at that.
So no matter what skill level griller you may claim to be, there are many easy Grilled salmon recipes that you can follow.
Here I have given some tips to follow in Grilling a Salmon to Perfection!!!
Choosing the Best Salmon for Grilling
Before we can get to the grilling, there are a few steps to follow, the first of which is choosing the right Salmon piece. This step is important so that you get the best piece of Salmon, which will improve the taste and flavor, as it is not just how you grill your Salmon, but the quality of your Salmon which is also important.
So with no further a due, you have guessed right, wild-caught Salmon is your best option. But unfortunately, we cannot all get our hands on wild-caught Salmon, or catch it ourselves. For This reason, a Quality Farm-Raised Salmon from a smaller frame owner is your second best option./
Wild Caught Salmon have less fat and have the best flavor, while a Farm Bred Salmon is more fatty and succulent with a milder flavor, these are usually the two only differences between them.
Seasoning Your Salmon
The Second step is to season your Salmon well before placing it on the grill. Some individuals go as far as Marinating their Salmon beforehand which you can also do.
I, on the other hand, prefer a more natural and flavor saving approach for my Salmon and therefore opt for Butter and a simple blend of herbs and salt.
Parsley is a herb that works well with any seafood dish, and garlic is also an excellent choice if you like garlic. You can top everything off with a squirt of fresh lemon juice.
Why Use a Charcoal Grill?
There are three reasons why I prefer a Charcoal Grill;
- Searing – A Charcoal grill is most likely the only Grill type that can perfectly sear a piece of meat or fish. I love a good sear on the skin of my Salmon as well as a crisp baked skin.
- High Heat – Because a Charcoal grill can reach very high temperatures and retain its heat, you will get a crisp skin on your fish and evenly cooked fish in no time.
- Flavor – There is no other Grill than can provide that original smokey flavor that a charcoal grill does. Plus, you can use different woods types in your charcoal grill for a unique flavor.
Grilling Your Salmon
Now we Come to the part where our Salmon is ready to go on the Grill;
- Ready the Grill – Choose whether you are going to use charcoal or wood, keeping in mind that wood will take longer to burn initially, and start your fire. Do not use a starter fluid or bricks as this leaves a chemical taste rather opt for newspapers or grass to start your fire.
- Pre-Heat the Grates – Close the lid of your Grill and allow the grates to heat up for about 10 minutes when your fire has started and is burning without flames.
- Per Oil Your Salmon – Oil Your Salmon well before placing on the Grill with butter or Olive oil, and do not oil the grates.
- Check The Heat – Make sure that the Grill has a heat of around 450-500 degrees Fahrenheit before placing the Salmon on the grates, the fire needs to be hot, and the grates also need to be very hot as this prevents the fish from sticking to the grates.
- Grill The Salmon – Place Your Salmon Skin side down on the hot grates and leave it to Grill for at least 6-8 minutes. Make sure to put the cover on your Grill to keep consistent heat.
- Flip – The Salmon will be on the skin side for 90% of the cooking time 6-8 minutes. After that, you can flip the Salmon over for 1-2 minutes on the flaky side on high heat to sear the top.
- Ready The Salmon is cooked through and ready when you can easily remove the crisp skin, or when the fish flakes as you run a fork through it.
Sauces to Serve with Your Salmon
Now that you have the perfect recipe for grilling Salmon, here are a few easy Sauces that you can serve with your Salmon;
- Tartare Sauce – Tartare Sauce is most likely one of the top favorite Fish sauces that you will find. My recipe includes mayonnaise with some chopped Gherkins, a bit of chopped dill and parsley, with a squeeze of lemon juice, a spoon of sugar, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Tomato Salsa – Another Favorite is a Tomato salsa, I like to add onions, but you do not need to. I slice a few onions and chop them finely and fry them in Olive oil till soft, then I add my cherry tomatoes and fry them for about a minute while adding some balsamic vinegar and salt, and pepper. Remove the sauce from the heat before the tomatoes fry completely and top over your fish. You can also add fresh avocado slices to the sauce.
Reviews: The Best Salmon Grill
I use the classic and Original Weber to Grill My Fish or Salmon Dishes, sometimes with or without aluminum fold, which gives a more steamed effect. Below, however, I have found a Weber model that is a bit more advanced and for which you can get a griddle, which you can also easily cook your Salmon on if you choose.
The Weber Performer is a classic design Kettle grill with new and innovative features. I love the versatility of this Grill and how perfectly it can cook fish and Salmon.
- This Grill can hold up to 13 Burgers on the great, so it is ideal for entertaining large families and groups.
- There is an easy slide and tuck ways lid with a holder on the side for the cover,
- The cooking Grate is compatible with GBS inserts so you can use other grate and griddle models such as the Weber design cats iron griddle if you choose.
- There are also tool hooks on the sides for handing your cooking utensils and an Alumizied one-touch cleaning system for the ash.
- Inside the lid is a built-in thermometer that displays the internal temperature of the Grill.
There are many superb recipes that you can follow to Grill your Salmon, also a variety of spices and sauces that you can use. I have chosen this specific recipe as it gives the best results and a grilled rather than steamed finish to your Salmon, as with many other recipes.
|1||Weber Performer - Charcoal Salmon Grill||Weber||98|
Table of Contents