Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
The Filet Mignon is one of the choicest pieces of beef, cut from the beef tenderloin from the middle of the steer’s back.
When you have a quality and prime piece of Filet Mignon, you also want the best Grilling options and recipes from this prime-cut piece of meat.
Table of Contents
Getting the Best Piece of Fillet Mignon
Regarding Filet Mignon, Quality surely counts, and you do not want to waste the experience on a lesser cut of meat.
The Prime of a Filet Mignon counts for only 2 % of the meat, which is quite hard to find. The Second best cut is a Choice cut, which is much easier to obtain and not so expensive yet still excellent quality meat.
Your Prime cut meat is usually only available at high-end restaurants or online, while the Choice cut can be obtained from a reputable Butchery.
I recommend getting your meat from a trustworthy local Butcher and that you ask the butcher for the best cut of the freshest meat.
If possible, I recommend getting your meat from a local butcher rather than a large grocery store. Butchers typically have the freshest meat and will have no problem cutting a steak for you to your specifications when you ask.
If you are opting for a Pre-Packed Filet Mignon, remember that lighter-colored meats usually have a more potent flavor, whereas your darker, red-colored meat has a milder flavor.
The next step is to decide the thickness of your Filet Mignon. Usually, the thickness varies between half an inch thick and three inches thick.
When you are Grilling and searing your Filet Mignon, it is advised to get a thicker cut, such as a two or three-inch cut, which will also affect the cooking time, depending on how well done you like your Filet Mignon.
Preparing Your Filet Mignon for Cooking
Although a marinade or spice rub is not quite necessary for a great Filet Mignon, the choice is up to you because it is already mildly flavored.
On the other hand, like a more natural flavor, I would only suggest a little olive oil, salt, and pepper taste as a preparation.
- Resting Period – Your Filet Mignon must first rest at room temperature before you can season it. You must also season or marinade your Filet Mignon one hour before cooking it.
- Oil – I use good quality Olive oil, which also adds light flavor, and brush it over the entire Filet Mignon with a food brush. This kind of oil is also use in making grill ribs.
- Season – For seasoning, I use sea salt and ground black peppercorns lightly, then rub them into the meat.
Grilling Your Fillet Mignon on a Charcoal Grill
After you have allowed your Filet Mignon to rest and seasoned it an hour before, you can get ready to Grill your Filet Mignon.
- Prepare The Grill – Preheat your Grill to around 450-500 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes. Make sure your Grates are clean, or clean them now with a hard wire brush.
- Grilling Your Filet Mignon – Grill Your Filet Mignon over direct heat with your grill lid closed for 6-8 minutes. Only turn the meat once in between. Now you can move the Filets to indirect heat or a cooler side for an additional four to six minutes or until your desired degree of doneness. Here is a grilling method for a more medium done, Filet Mignon.
Reviews: The Best Grill for Fillet Mignon
I have chosen one of my favorite grills to grill a Filet Mignon. I prefer a Charcoal grill because the original flavor I just so much better, but a Gas grill can be just as good;
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
One of the Top Performing Grils and most popular Grill brands for a Prime Charcoal Grill is Weber. I have chosen the Performer, which is one of their latest Grill models that adds a few extra features to the table;
- The grill is a 22 Inch grill in size, the perfect size for a small to medium-sized family.
- The grill can hold up to 13 burgers and has a cooking Grate that is compatible with GBS inserts and hinged for easily adding charcoal.
- There are tool hooks on the sides to hang your grilling tools.
- There is also a one-touch Aluminium steel cleaning system for the ash.
- The Built-in lid thermometer displays the internal temperatures for you to check the grill temperatures regularly.
- The Lid also slides easily into the Tuck-Away Lid Holder on the side of the grill so you can avoid placing the lid on the ground.
- On the Grill, the side is an additional shelf for food preparation, and on the bottom at the feet is a tray to place charcoal and other items.
- The grill comes with a stand and wheels for portability.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
|Removable Ash Catcher||20%||95|
Index Table: Top Rated Filet Mignon Grill
|1||Weber Performer - Charcoal Grill for Filet Mignon||Weber||96.75|