The Cast Iron Skillet or Grill Pan is a much stronger and better design than the generic stainless steel and a far cry from the toxic and chemical-ridden nonstick Teflon design pans.
There are so many recipes to try out on your Cast Iron Grill that are healthy and very tasty.
Why Do You Need a Cast Iron Grill Pan
The benefits of the Cst Iron Grill Pan by far outweigh its cons, and it is most definitely the best choice you can make in a Grill Pan.
- Less Expensive – Cast Iron cookware, in general, is often less expensive than stainless steel, along with being a better choice overall.
- Easy To Clean – One of the most popular benefits of Cast Iron is the fact of how easy it is to clean and maintain. Food lifts off the pan easily, and you do not generally need any soap.
- Multiple Uses – A Cast Iron Grill Pan can be used on your grill, on the Stove Top and even in the Oven, and that at almost any temperature.
- Adds Iron to Your Food – Increases your iron intake by as much as 20 times.
- Longer Life Span – Cast Iron Cookware has a much longer lifespan than most other types of cookware and materials.
- Chemical Free – Cast Iron is a Chemical free alternative to most other non-stick pans.
- Nonstick – Cast Iron in itself is basically nonstick without the chemicals, which means you can cook much healthier and with much less oil.
Purchasing Your First Cast Iron Grill Pan
If you are in need of Purchasing your First Cast Iron pan, it means you were not lucky as to inherit a family heirloom, as these pans truly are VERY LONG LASTING. On the other hand, you may just need something a bit more specific for GRILL use. There are some slight differences in Cast Iron Pans that can be used on Grills and for BBQs, yet they are mostly the same and safe.
Here are fa few tips However
Also, buy a brand spanking new skillet, and that may take more time—and cooking—to accrue its literal and figurative patinas, but maybe there’s something to be said for that.
- Get A Starter Pan – If it is your first time with Cast Iron Cookware, I would recommend that you get something affordable and d designed for easy use by a first time user for more basic cooking functions. The Lodge brand has a 10.5 Inch square designed pan, which is the most basic and the most useful type of Grill Pan that you will get, with a handle and large cooking surface area.
- Explore Your Options – For more advanced users you should explore your options. Make sure to first establish what exactly it is you are looking for and what precisely you are going to be cooking, mostly as there are so many styles and options, each with unique cooking benefits. So do your homework, take other revies and opinions into consideration, and choose what best suits your needs.
- Ditch the Savior Complex – Going for a second hand or inherited Skillet or Grill Pan, no matter the tale and history behind it, is not always advisable. So less sentiment and more common sense, this is a practical purchase and not an antique collector’s item.
- Learn To Let Go – If you already have a Grill Pan that is a bit on the old and worn outside, keep in mind, rust can be worked with, but cracks and craters can unfortunately not be fixed. You need an even-toned and leveled cooking surface for maximum cooking results and efficiency, so let it go an purchase a new one.
- Get the Right Gear – So you have found the Perfect Cast Iron Grill Pan no let us look at a few accessories for your pan, some must-haves. Dish soap needs to be bleach-free and not too harsh to use on your pan, a Cast Iron approved or Japanese vegetable brush, Tawashi, is your designated Cast Iron pan cleaning brush. Kosher salt is an alternative for removing stubborn food particles and safe on your pan. Flaxseed oil can be used to keep your pan well maintained and oiled.
Features of a Good Cast Iron Grill Pans
- Varieties can include flat surface, ridged surface, or divided surface for different food types.
- With or without a handle.
- Strong and sturdy base.
- They are seasoned or unseasoned.
- Handle or no handle, with or without a drip tray.
- Drainage systems such as ridges, grooves, or holes.
Reviews: The Best Cast Iron Grill Pans
Below you will see our list of some of the premium brands and models when it comes to Cast Iron Grill Pans;
This is the best option in a starter Grill Pan for anyone with a basic and multi-purpose design and an already seasoned surface area.
- A 10,5-inch surface square design Grill pan with a handle for easy use and ridges to elevate food from oils.
- Already seasoned with vegetable oils and no synthetics or chemicals.
- It comes in an option with or without a Hot handle holder.
A pre-seasoned Cast Iron Skillet Style Grill Pan that is stove and Oven safe from Fresh O2.
- It comes in a 10.5 or 12 square inch size option for you to choose from.
- Already seasoned with natural ingredients and chemical-free.
- Can be used on your grill, in your Oven or on a stovetop.
- Tough and durable design that will last for generations.
- There s a handle on both sides for easy use.
Another Superb design from Lodge is their LPGi3 Pro-Grid design Cast Iron Grill and Griddle Pan with a reversible design, and that offers an easy grip.
- A reversible Grill and Griddle design with excellent heat retention capabilities and two easy-grip handles.
- It is already seasoned with natural vegetable oils and completely chemical-free.
- It can be used to cook eggs and pancakes on the grill or stovetop as well.
- Very tough and durable design that will last many generations to come.
The Backcountry Cast Iron 12 Inch square Grill Pan is Pre-seasoned and has a Nonstick design surface.
- It comes ina ten or 12-inch size option and is designed to be restaurant quality.
- Excellent heat retention and a Non-Stcik and chemical-free coating that is already seasoned.
- It can be used on a variety of cooking surfaces, grills, Ovens, and Stovetops.
- Cast from the finest virgin Ore Cast Iron in the USA.
The Lodge 10.5 inch Round Grill and Griddle pan are designed specifically for cooking foods such as pancakes, pizzas, and quesadillas and a great additional option to your general Grill pan.
- A 10.5 inch round surface for cooking Quesadillas, pizzas, and Pancakes fast and easily on a Grill or Stove Top.
- Already seasoned surface for natural vegetable oils.
- No synthetic or chemical coatings and completely safe.
- Durable and long-lasting quality pan.
The Master pan is a Nonstick Cast Iron Grill Pan that is Oven and Stove Top Safe and has a very large 15 Inch cooking Surface divided into different sections.
- A very versatile option for cooking different food types with divided sections in the choice of two, three, or five divisions in a 15-inch pan.
- Nonstick and completely stain-resistant surface with no chemical substances used.
- A double nonstick layer coating with no PFOA’s used.
- Oven use and dishwasher safe for easy cleaning and maintenance.
- This is a reversible cast iron grill pan.
- It comes with a smooth side that is ideal for sandwiches and pancakes, as well as a ribbed side, which is perfect for grilling meat and burgers.
- The grill is made from cast iron metal with a nonstick surface that ensures quick and effortless food release without the need for oil.
- It reaches up to 480F and comes with an extra, heat-resistant, silicone oven grab mitt.
- This is a cast iron skillet designed for long-lasting use.
- Its ridged surface allows you to get the perfect grill marks while draining away excess fat.
- The skillet comes with a wooden trivet base that makes for excellent and classic style serving.
- It is fairly nonstick, and is uncoated cast iron that tends to leech small amounts of iron into the food as it cooks.
- This is a high quality iron casting grill pan designed for excellent heat retention.
- It is suitable for cooking on Induction, Ceramic, Campfire, Broiler, and Oven.
- The pan comes with 100% Non-GMO Flaxseed Oil seasoning coating to allow the food to be cooked in natural seasoning.
- It offers excellent heat retention, along with even distribution of heat to cook it perfectly.
- This is a Ewei’s homeware Cast Iron Skillet pan.
- It is designed to provide excellent heat conduction and distribute the heat evenly and quickly.
- This pan is pre-seasoned with Vegetable oil only.
- It comes with a sturdy handle with a hole for convenient hanging in storage.
Index Table: Top Rated Cast Iron Grill Pans
|1||Lodge Square - Cast Iron Grill Pan||Lodge||98.8|
|2||Fresh O2 Cast Iron - Cast Iron Seasoned Grill Pan||Fresh O2||97|
|3||Lodge Pro-Grid - Cast Iron Grill Pan||Lodge||98|
|4||Backcountry Non-Stick - Square Cast Iron Grill Pan||Backcountry||97|
|5||Lodge Griddle - Cast Iron Griddle Pan||Lodge||97|
|6||Master Pan Non-Stick - Divided Cast Iron Grill Pan||Master Pan||99|
|7||NutriChef Reversible - Cast Iron Grill Plate||NutriChef||96.6|
|8||Jim Beam Pre Seasoned - Cast Iron Skillet||Jim Beam||96.2|
|9||Victoria Square - Cast Iron Grill Pan||Victoria||95.8|
|10||Ewei's Homeware Pre Seasoned - Cast Iron Skillet Pan||Ewei's Homeware||95.3|
Table of Contents
- Why Do You Need a Cast Iron Grill Pan
- Purchasing Your First Cast Iron Grill Pan
- Features of a Good Cast Iron Grill Pans
- Reviews: The Best Cast Iron Grill Pans
- Lodge® Square Cast Iron Grill Pan
- Fresh O2® Cast Iron Cast Iron Seasoned Grill Pan
- Lodge® Pro-Grid Cast Iron Grill Pan
- Backcountry® Non-Stick Square Cast Iron Grill Pan
- Lodge® Griddle Cast Iron Griddle Pan
- Master Pan® Non-Stick Divided Cast Iron Grill Pan
- NutriChef® Reversible Cast Iron Grill Plate
- Jim Beam® Pre Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet
- Victoria® Square Cast Iron Grill Pan
- Ewei's Homeware® Pre Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet Pan
- Index Table: Top Rated Cast Iron Grill Pans