One of the most important parts of your grill is, of course, the Grates, which is the cooking surface that you cook your food on.
The grill Grate does not necessarily have to be Non-Stick, even if this option is available; however it does need to be durable and offer good heat transference.
Common Grill Grate Materials
The grilling Grate that your Grill will have sometimes depends on whether you have a Gas, electric, or a Charcoal Grill, as different grill Grate materials are needed for these every grill types.
Typically a Gas grill will need either a cast iron or porcelain-coated cast iron Grill grate, whereas a Charcoal grill is more likely to have a steel or porcelain-coated steel grate. With electrical grills, other types of materials, along with cast iron is usually used.
Overall the best two grill Grate Materials by Far is CAST IRON and Heavy Duty good quality STAINLESS STEEL.
Different Grill Grate Types and Their Benefits
Here are the benefits of each grill Grate Material that are the best for Grill Grates;
- Cast Iron – Most dedicated grillers will tell you that a plain bare Cast Iron Grates is the best and the heavier it is, the better. Cast Iron gets hot fast and can hold heat for a very long time. However, Bare cast iron needs to be maintained and kept cleaned and well oiled frequently.
Porcelain Coated Grates – Porcelain Coated Steel or Cast iron Grates are an excellent choice although this coating has a nasty habit of chipping away over time. However, if you choose a good quality Porcelain-coated grate it may not chip in future a last much longer, Also keep hard metal scrapers and bristled brushes away from your porcelain-coated grates.
Steel Grates – Steel Grates are the Most affordable although with prolonged use they may start to lose their temper and develop chips. The plain thinners stainless steel rod is more likely to do this, so if you opt for this material, go for thicker and heavier. Stainless steel may also close its Non-Stick abilities when it starts chipping off.
Features of a Good Grill Grate
- Made from either Cast Iron, Stainless Steel or Aluminium.
- It is coated with porcelain or a rustproof coating.
- Different Size and Shape Options.
- Durable, weather-resistant, and rustproof.
- It retains heat and is easy to clean.
Reviews: The Best Grill Grates
Below are some of the top rated and most sought after Grill Grates;
The Hisench Solid Stainless steel is a Thicker and more durable stainless steel grid that is less prone to chipping and losing its integrity.
- With this package, you get two sets of grates at 13 1/2″ x 17 3/16″ each in size dimensions.
- They are Non-magnetic and heavy-duty stainless steel grates made from 7mm thick solid rods.
- These stainless steel grates will fit the following Grill Models easily: The Grill Master 720-0697; Fits Nexgrill 720-0697, 720-0697E, the Uniflame Models GBC091W, GBC940WIR, GBC956W1-C, GBC956W1NG-C, GBC981W, GBC981W-C, GBC981WBL, GBC981WBU, GBC983W-C, also the Better Homes & Gardens Models BG1755B, BH13-101-099-02; and the Brinkmann Models 810-9490-0.
- You can enter your grill model number on the site of advertisement and see if it will fit your specific grill.
The Char-Broil grill Grates is a Universal fitting grate, which is, of course, more ideal for a Char-Broil grill, yet it will still fit some other grill brands and models.
- You can choose between either a cast iron, porcelain wire or a stainless steel grate option.
- The Grate can adjust from 14 inches up to 19.5 inches easily to fit most grill types and brands.
- The grill Grate also measures 7.75 inches wide.
- Each is made from the finest quality of that specific material up to the Char-Broil Brand standard.
This is the Grill and Griddle Option for your Coleman Grill models.
- Made with cast iron ideally for the cooking range from the Coleman RpoadTRip grill range.
- There is a generous 142 square inch cooking space on the grate and is porcelain coated to be non-stick and more durable.
- Built for extreme durability and many years of use,
- You can choose between or both the Grill Grate or the griddle for cooking foods such as eggs and pancakes on.
The Qulimetal grilling Grate is made from tough and durable cast iron with high heat-retaining characteristics. This is the Grill Grate used mostly on the Weber Brand.
- It will fit the following grill types and models perfectly: The Weber Genesis E / S 300 series gas grills, the Genesis E-310 E-320 E-330, the Genesis S-310 S-320 S-330, as well as the Genesis EP-310 EP-320 EP-330 Gas Grills.
- This Grate is, however not compatible with the Genesis II or Genesis II LX 300 series grills orWeber part number 7524, 7528.
- It is made from high quality and heavy-duty cast iron that is easy to clean and will not chip or rust.
- You can also treat and season your grates by following the link on the advertisement page in order to maintain your grates in perfect condition.
The Aura Outdoor Grill Grates are designed to withstand heavy-duty use and tough outdoor elements easily.
- These grates promise you the best sear marks with the barrel grill design.
- It is made from long-lasting rust-proof Cast iron that will not break down over time like other grates.
- A very easy to clean non-stick surface and the surface is also pre-seasoned.
- Make sure to follow the care instructions your grates will last for many years to come.
The Hongso grates are porcelain-coated for rust resistance and durability, as well as for non-stick purposes.
- These are the ideal cooking grates for your Chargriller 2121, 2123, 2222, 2828, 3001, 3008, 3030, 3072, 3232, 3725, 4000, 4001, 4008, 4208, 5050, 5072, 5252, 5650, 9020, your Gas Grill Models, and for your King Griller Models 3008, 5252, as well as the Char-Griller Duo 5050 Gas Barbecue Grill.
- It is made from long-lasting Porcelain-coated Cast iron grids.
- It comes in a set of four grates for you to use.
- You can also enter your grill model and brand number on the site to check if these grates will fit your grill.
Index Table: Top Rated Grill Grates
|1||Hisencn Solid - Stainless Steel Grill Grate||Hisencn||97.7|
|2||Char-Broil Universal - Grill Grate||Char-Broil||98.2|
|3||Coleman RoadTrip - cast iron Grill Grate||Coleman||97|
|4||QuliMetal 7524 - Cast Iron Grill Grate||QuliMetal||97|
|5||Aura Outdoor - Grill Grate||Aura||97|
|6||Hongso Porcelain Coated - Cast Iron Grill Grate||Hongso||97|
Table of Contents
- Common Grill Grate Materials
- Different Grill Grate Types and Their Benefits
- Features of a Good Grill Grate
- Reviews: The Best Grill Grates
- Index Table: Top Rated Grill Grates