The Charcoal tray fr your Gas grill or Gas Combination grill is an excellent item to have if you want to go from gas grilling to Charcoal Grilling or to use as a smoker.
Today, there are so many options when it comes to the Charcoal Tray for Gas Grill. This article will look at some of the best available on the market.
The Charcoal Tray for a Gas Grill
Using a Charcoal Tray for your Gas Grill is loads of fun and so easy. Here are a few tips and tricks to make using this interesting accessory so much more exciting;
- Add Wood Chips – You can add wood chips to your charcoal tray to give foods a smokey delicious flavor, no matter what you are grilling up. You can do this after the charcoal has been lit and ready to cook on, add the wood chips directly to the coals, or soak them in cold water and add them to the smoker in the chamber on the tray before lighting the coal.
- High Quality Charcoal – Try to use high quality lump charcoal instead of charcoal briquettes. Briquettes are usually coated and filled with chemicals to ignite faster and burn faster than lump coal. This is generally less than ideal for your grill.
- Safety – Ensure that the charcoal is completely extinguished or burnt out by itself before you move it. Always use heat protection, such as heat resistant gloves and tools when handling anything hot.
Using a Charcoal Tray for a Gas Grill
In the below video, you will see one of our feature products, the Napoleon Charcoal tray, and exactly how to use it;
Here are also some general tips on using a Charcoal Tray for your gas grill;
- Instructions and Set Up – After you have opened the packaging and removed all the parts for your charcoal tray from the packaging, make sure to follow the setup and use the instructions given directly.
- Setting UP the Tray – You will need to remove the cooking grates, grids, and sear plates from your gas grill and place the charcoal tray directly over the burners. Fill your Charcoal tray with lumps of coal, and replace the grates, grids, or sear plates as you need them.
- Lighting – You will now light the burners underneath the charcoal tray and allow them to ignite the charcoal. Once lit, you can turn off the burners and close your grill’s lid.
- Using the Grill – No, you can use your grill as normal to cook whatever foods you prefer.
- Finishing – Once the Charcoal is burned out, you can use gloves, r allow it to cool first, and remove the cooking grids or grates, as well as the charcoal tray from the grill for cleaning.
- Cleaning – Place the cooled ash into an ash bucket, and clean your cooled down grill grates, grids, and charcoal tray with a brush and warm water.
Keep in mind that most Charcoal Trays come in a design specific to a certain brand or model and do usually not have a universal fit. Always make sure to check for a brand that fits your specific grill type and brand or that has similar dimensions.
Features of a Good Charcoal Tray for Gas Grill
- Materials – Just like the materials used in grill rotisserie, charcoal tray comes from stainless steel, to aluminium, cast iron and other Materials with a high heat resistance.
- Designs – The design will depend on the grill’s make and model. Most Charcoal Trays are designed specifically to fit certain grills’ brands and models. You can get square, V-Shaped, and rectangular shapes. Some have hinged lids for easy access to wood chips and charcoal.
Reviews: The Best Charcoal Trays for Gas Grills
From Charcoal Companion Store, we have this superb V-Shaped stainless steel Charcoal Tray for your gas grill.
- The V-Shape design fits easily between flame deflector bars on most gas grills.
- It has a sturdy stainless steel construction, so it won’t rust easily and will last for a long time.
- The lid allows you to easily access charcoal and wood chips as needed.
- The ash will remain in the charcoal tray for keeping the grill clean and ready to use.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
The VICOOL 20 tray and Smoker is an all-in-one option consisting of durable cast iron.
- This design is perfect with most napoleon brand gas grill types.
- This charcoal tray offers a high capacity that ash will not easily drop off.
- It is cast iron that is durable, non-stick, and easy to clean.
- A high-quality charcoal tray that will give you a delicious smokey flavor.
- The style allows you to use it as a smoking option as well.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
The universal Grill Tray works well with most Gas, Electric, and Smoker Grills from this range and other Grill Brands.
- The Charcoal tray consists of premium quality stainless steel that is rust-resistant and very durable.
- It has a user-friendly design that is easy to install and use.
- It holds up a lot of chips and offers extremely high temperature for your grill.
- It comes with two fire grate hanger which is thick and easy to install with the grill tray.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
The Coyote Charcoal Tray is ideal for the 36, and 34 inches sized Coyote Grills and consists of a very durable 304-grade stainless steel.
- The Coyote allows you to cook with Charcoal on your Coyote brand Gas grill.
- You can conveniently light the charcoal using your Coyote gas grill’s ignition system.
- The tray sits and installs easily just between the cooking grates,
- It consists of 304-grade stainless steel durable and will endure the elements.
- Furthermore, it can be used with Coyote Gas Grills; C2C34, C2C36, and C2SL36.
The Charcoal Tray for your Coyote Grill is the variable size for a 28, 30, and 42 inch Gas Coyote grill.
- This is the Charcoal tray for some of the other Coyote Gas Grill Models with more variable sizes.
- The Charcoal Tray is ideal for a 28, 30, and 42-inch Coyote Gas grill or the C1C28, C2C42, C2SL30, and C2SL42 models.
- It consists of 304 grade durable and weatherproof stainless steel.
- The tray is effortless to use and can be lit with your gas grill ignition system.
- This is a Heavy Duty Charcoal Basket designed by GRILLVANA.
- It measures 14 x 4.75 x 3.5 inches in size and is ideal for 18-inch or 22-inch kettles.
- The charcoal basket can be filled with briquettes or wood chips for a delicious smoky flavor.
- It is constructed with heavy-duty 430 Stainless Steel for high heat resistance and low corrosion.
- This is a Char-Basket Charcoal Briquet Tray designed by Weber Store.
- It features a metallic construction that is durable and sturdy.
- The charcoal tray measures 5.2 x 4.8 x 16 inches in size.
- It is easy to use and allows for convenient cleaning.
- This is a PK99090 Charcoal Basket designed by PK Grills Store.
- It is designed to help minimize ash loss through the vents and allows for easy cleanup.
- The charcoal basket works with any fuel type and keeps it organized for even burning throughout cooking.
- It comes with inward folding handles for easy lift-out and features heavy-duty Stainless Steel construction.
- This is a Aluminum Charcoal Basket designed by Rösle Store.
- It comes in a set of 2 replacement charcoal baskets that are durable and easy to use.
- The basket can be filled with small charcoal for cooing fish or thin meats or large amounts of charcoal for intense heat.
- It is dishwasher safe and easy to use.
- This is a L109673 Charcoal Tray designed by Lion Premium Grills.
- It is designed to aid in infusing your food with a smoky flavor of charcoal using your gas grill.
- The charcoal tray features a heavy-duty, Commercial-grade, 16-gauge Steel construction that is durable and resilient to damage.
- It is dual-lined, and naturally rust-resistant and measures 17.65 x 1.75 inches in size.
Index Table: Top Rated Charcoal Trays for Gas Grills
|1||Charcoal Companion Store V-Shape - Stainless Steel Charcoal Tray for Gas Grill||Charcoal Companion Store||96.75|
|2||VICOOL 20 - Charcoal Tray for Gas Grill||VICOOL||95.75|
|3||Replace parts Aluminized - Charcoal Tray for Gas Grill||Replace parts||94.5|
|4||Coyote CCHTRAY12 - Medium Charcoal Tray for Gas Grill||Coyote||96.8|
|5||Coyote CCHTRAY15 - Variable Charcoal Tray for Gas Grill||Coyote||96.7|
|6||GRILLVANA Heavy Duty - Charcoal Basket||GRILLVANA||96.2|
|7||Weber Store Char-Basket - Charcoal Briquet Tray||Weber Store||95.8|
|8||PK Grills Store PK99090 - Charcoal Basket||PK Grills Store||95.4|
|9||Rösle Store Aluminum - Charcoal Baskets||Rösle Store||94.8|
|10||Lion Premium Grills L109673 - Charcoal Tray||Lion Premium Grills||94.3|
Table of Contents
- The Charcoal Tray for a Gas Grill
- Using a Charcoal Tray for a Gas Grill
- Features of a Good Charcoal Tray for Gas Grill
- Reviews: The Best Charcoal Trays for Gas Grills
- Charcoal Companion Store® V-Shape Stainless Steel Charcoal Tray for Gas Grill
- VICOOL® 20 Charcoal Tray for Gas Grill
- Replace parts® Aluminized Charcoal Tray for Gas Grill
- Coyote® CCHTRAY12 Medium Charcoal Tray for Gas Grill
- Coyote® CCHTRAY15 Variable Charcoal Tray for Gas Grill
- GRILLVANA® Heavy Duty Charcoal Basket
- Weber Store® Char-Basket Charcoal Briquet Tray
- PK Grills Store® PK99090 Charcoal Basket
- Rösle Store® Aluminum Charcoal Baskets
- Lion Premium Grills® L109673 Charcoal Tray
- Index Table: Top Rated Charcoal Trays for Gas Grills