The Rotisserie tool is an excellent way to enjoy succulent roasted meats without driving to the grocery store or a restaurant.
The Rotisserie tool allows you to slow cook and evenly cook delicious foods in basting of your choice.
This article will look at some of the best available Rotisserie sets and tools that fit various grill types.
Why Add a Rotisserie to Your Grill?
Adding a Rotisserie to your Gas or Charcoal grill expands your cooking options.
The Rotisserie is the ideal tool to slow cook and roast basted meats, chicken, and even turkeys evenly without losing too much moisture.
The Rotisserie is the perfect tool for cooking much thicker meat pieces to perfection.
You can also easily sear the meats and add your choice’s bastings and flavorings.
The Rotisserie tool will fit most grill types and is easy to install.
How to Make Meals with a Rotisserie
If you are interested in getting a Rotisserie for your grill, here are a few steps to follow to help you choose and use your Rotisserie effectively;
- Get the Right Rotisserie – Make sure you buy the right brand and model of Rotisserie for your specific brand and Grill model or a universal brand. Also, make sure the Ritiserie design is the right design for the types of food you want to grill. There are basket rotisseries available and stick Rotisseries, which are the original design.
- Bastings and Marinades – It is advised to baste or marinate foods that you will be placing on the rotisserie to add flavor and moisture, making the meals and meats more tasty and delicious.
- Balance the Rotisserie – When placing food or meats on the Rotisseriemake sure that the cuts are balanced and even on all sides of the Rotisserie for the foods to cook more evenly.
- Placing the Food – You will either place the food inside the Rotisserie basket or run the spit rod in the middle through the meat or food. Poultry such as chicken and turkey are more ideal and larger meat pieces for roasting. The size and type of meat will also depend on your Rotisserie’s size. You can think of a Rotisserie almost as a spit rod, just smaller.
- Cooking Times – Cooking times will depend mainly on the thickness and type of meat and how well done the meat needs to be. It is advised to turn off the Rotisserie and check the meat’s internal temperature every 15 to 20 minutes to be safe.
- Cooking Time – Usually, with Chicken and Poultry, you will cook at a high temperature for 10 minutes to sear, and then a medium heat for one and a half hours or so at a temperature of 165°F. For other foods and meats, this may vary.
Features of a Good Grill Rotisserie
- Fit Design – The Rotisserie is usually a long rod or spit rod as it is called. Rotisserie baskets are attached to the rods to cook more varieties of foods.
- Good Heat Resistance – Most rotisserie Rods can withstand very high heat, and some are designed specifically for use over an open fire.
- Materails – Chrome Plated Steel or stainless steel are the basic materials used in a Rotisserie rod and other materials for the Rotisserie motor.
Reviews: The Best Grill Rotisseries
These are some of the best Available Gas Grills that come with a Rotisserie;
Here we have a complete Rotisserie Kit for Weber 2290 and other Wbere models and other similar brand grills.
- The Complete Rotisserie set is ideal for most weber design grills and other grill brands in the Kettle shape.
- The Rotisserie design is upgraded to be tighter fitting and control temperatures much better.
- The Rotisserie will easily fit 21,5 inch, and 22.5-inch grills in the Weber and other brand ranges in Kettle grills.
- The Rotisserie can hold up to 20 pounds and works well with the Kingsford, Jumbo Joe, and Char-Broil Grills.
- The design is easy to assemble and just as easy to clean.
The Chrome Rootissrie basket is ideal for cooking various foods and easily fits most spit rods.
- The ideal tool for roasting Fish, Hamburgers, Sausages, Chicken, Chicken Breasts, Pork Chops, and many other food types.
- The Rotisserie basket fits most spit rods, such as the 1/2” Hexagon, 3/8″ Hexagon, 3/8″ Square & 5/16″ Square Spit Rods.
- There are easy squeeze adjustment tabs that allow for tool-Less adjustments and preparations,
- The basket consists of durable chrome-plated steel.
The Char-Broil Universal Rotisserie is designed to fit most of the Genesis II & II LX 4 & 6 Burner Grills Models.
- The Rotisserie is the ideal tool for Roasting and Grilling Fish, Poultry, and other meats to perfection.
- The Rotating motion of the Rotisserie allows meat to baste in its own juices and cook more evenly and slowly throughout.
- The Rotisserie will fit most of your Genesis II & II LX 4 & 6 Burner Grills models.
- Furthermore, the forks can hold both large and small meat or food pieces.
- likewise, the forks are fully dishwasher safe.
The GrillPro 60090 is a full Rotisserie kit that works well with many Gas and Charcoal grill models.
- The GrillPro Rotisserie kit is hassle-free to use and can cook large roasts, chicken, and even turkeys.
- There is a Deluxe motor in the Rotisserie that has an on and off switch as well as an auto-reverse function.
- The Rotisserie comes fully loaded with universal OEM brackets that will fit a Broil King, Broil-Mate, Sterling, and GrillPro grill easily.
- There are also spit rods included in Chrome plated and come with a 6-inch extension.
- The Universal Rotisserie should easily fit most grill brands and models.
From OnlyFire, we another excellent model, this time in a portable and adjustable Grill Rotisserie for camping and outdoor use.
- The rotisserie is designed to be used on open fires and open design grills and is perfect for Camping, Hiking, and picnics.
- The Rotisserie is also portable and lightweight, so you can take it with you wherever you need it.
- There is a roller, four-prong meat fork, a 3/8 inch spit rod, a motor, bracket, and cooking grate included in the package, which is all you need.
- The Rotisserie set assembles very easily and is also quite easy to clean and maintain.
- The design is strong and durable and will withstand weather elements with outdoor use.
The Onlyfire 17 Inch Rotisserie is a Basket design with many versatile uses for larger food amounts.
- The new design allows you to BBQ or roast different food types at the same time.
- You can Roast and BBQ larger cuts of vegetables, a full chicken, or even turkey.
- The Basket will easily fit a 1/2” Hexagon, 3/8″ Hexagon, 3/8″ Square & 5/16″ Square Spit Rod.
- The Basket Locks Tightly and will not fall apart when you are roasting your foods.
- The basket is very easy to set up and also easy to clean.
- This is a Universal Rotisserie Kit designed by Dyna-Glo.
- It includes universal brackets, a 34.4-inch spit rod with a 6.6-inch extension, and two heavy gauge 4-prong spit forks.
- The universal brackets can fit most gas and charcoal grills up to 32-inches.
- It also includes a 4-watt motor and counterbalances to ensure consistent rotation for even cooking up to 26 lbs.
- It is dishwasher-safe for easy cleanup.
- This is a 39.5 inch Universal Rotisserie Kit designed by Broil King.
- It includes a motor with an on/off switch, heavy-duty split forks, a counter-balancing kitten, a spit road, as well as universal brackets.
- The 33.5-inch spit rod comes with a 6-inch extension for convenience.
- This rotisserie kit is compatible with Broil King, Broil-Mate, Sterling, and GrillPro grills.
- This Rotisserie kit my Masterbuilt comes with two interchangeable spit rods.
- It is designed to hold up to 20lbs of food to allow you to cook a family meal.
- The Gravity series kit also includes a powerful motor that allows for even rotation and even cooking,
- It can be attached to the Gravity Series 560 or 1050 Digital Charcoal Grill and Smoker for a charcoal flavor.
- This Charcoal Kettle Rotisserie is designed by Weber to fit all 22-inch Charcoal Kettle Grills.
- It comes with a porcelain-enameled ring that elevates the rotisserie to optimize grilling space.
- This kit includes a heavy-duty electric motor, 2 spit forks, and a shaft.
- It also features a one-piece spit for greater strength and convenience.
Index Table: Top Rated Grill Rotisseries
|1||Onlyfire Universal - High Temperature Grill Rotisserie||Onlyfire||98.5|
|2||OnlyFire 6042 Basket - Rotisserie Grill Basket||OnlyFire||97.8|
|3||Weber Universal - Rotisserie for Gas Grills||Weber||97|
|4||GrillPro 60090 - Rotisserie Kit for Grills||GrillPro||97|
|5||OnlyFire Outdoor - Adjustable Grill Rotisserie||OnlyFire||96.5|
|6||OnlyFire Tumble - Round Tumble Grill Rotisserie||OnlyFire||97|
|7||Dyna-Glo Universal - Deluxe Rotisserie Kit||Dyna-Glo||96.8|
|8||Broil King Deluxe - Universal Rotisserie Kit||Broil King||96.3|
|9||Masterbuilt MB20091220 - Rotisserie Kit||Masterbuilt||95.7|
|10||Weber 2290 - Charcoal Kettle Rotisserie||Weber||95.2|
Table of Contents
- Why Add a Rotisserie to Your Grill?
- How to Make Meals with a Rotisserie
- Features of a Good Grill Rotisserie
- Reviews: The Best Grill Rotisseries
- Onlyfire® Universal High Temperature Grill Rotisserie
- OnlyFire® 6042 Basket Rotisserie Grill Basket
- Weber® Universal Rotisserie for Gas Grills
- GrillPro® 60090 Rotisserie Kit for Grills
- OnlyFire® Outdoor Adjustable Grill Rotisserie
- OnlyFire® Tumble Round Tumble Grill Rotisserie
- Dyna-Glo® Universal Deluxe Rotisserie Kit
- Broil King® Deluxe Universal Rotisserie Kit
- Masterbuilt® MB20091220 Rotisserie Kit
- Weber® 2290 Charcoal Kettle Rotisserie
- Index Table: Top Rated Grill Rotisseries