There are just no two ways about it; if you want to cook the perfect Pizza on your grill, then you most definitely need a Good PIZZA STONE!!
There are different types, shapes, and sizes, and even different materials used to make Pizza Stones, so in this article, I will help you pick out the best one for you.
Pizza Stone Types and Materails
Before we get into anything else, let me first explain how a Pizza Stoneworks precisely. The Stone, which is made from specific materials, can hold and conduct heat and keep temperatures in an oven or grill steady even if you introduce cold ingredients. This, in turn, cooks your Pizza perfectly every time.
For this purpose, the right materials in your Pizza stone are needed;
Cordierite Stone – Natural Cordierite stone s your best choice in a Pizza stone as it retains heat the best and is extremely durable, with excellent thermal shock resistance.
Glazed and Scratch Resistant Ceramic – Another type is your scratch-resistant glazed ceramic pizza stone, which is extremely durable and completely scratch resistant. The Micro-Crazed Glazed technology ensures a very crispy and well-baked pizza crust as well.
Why You Need a Pizza Stone
Well, the answer here is quite simple, a Pizza stone will give you the most perfectly cooked Pizza every time. How you ask, because the heat retaining and conductive design ensures that the Pizza is cooked evenly throughout, and it absorbs moisture to create that crispy crust that we all enjoy.
Then again, besides just cooking Pizza perfectly, there are many other uses for your Pizza Stone;
- Cooking Chicken – You can cook a whole chicken evenly and quickly on your grill or in your oven on your Pizza Stone.
- Roots and Vegetables – Easily pan roast and cook delicious root and other vegetable types on your Pizza Stone. You can either Roast or Grill them in your oven or out on your grill.
- Bread Baking – You can bake bread in your grill or oven evenly on your Pizza Stone with superb results, and be assured that it’s cooked through with a lovely crisp crust.
- Giant Cookies – Have some fun and bake Giant cookies in your grill or even with your new Pizza Stone.
- Pre-Heat and Re-Heat – Easily Pre-heat or Re-heat almost any food items in your oven, microwave, or even on the grill on your Pizza stone.
Features of a Good Pizza Stone for Grill
Most Pizza Stone models are constructed from either glazed ceramic stone or Cordierite stone materials and comes in a round or square shape in many size options for versatile uses.
Some additional extras that you may receive with your Pizza Stone include;
- Carry Rack – A conductive or heat resistant carry rach on which you can place the stone to carry it from the grill and back without burning your hands.
- Cutter – A slices or cutter that you can evenly cut your pIzza slices and other food items with.
- Scraper – The Scraper is a tool used to clean the Pizza Stone by scraping off excess dough or foods that are stuck on it.
- Pizza Rocker – This is a curved design blade with two handles usually used to cut huge pIzzas into slices.
- Pizza Pan – A pan design for containing the Pizza to cook on a stovetop, grill, or in an oven, other than the pizza stone.
- Pizza Stone Cleaning Brush – A required accessory to keep your Pizza Stone clean and in tip-top shape at all times.
Reviews: The Best Pizza Stones for Grills
Here are our top choices in Pizza Stones designed specifically for use on a Grill;
The CuisinArt Pizza Stone Grilling set comes complete with a Pizza Stone, Folding Pizza peel, and Pizza Cutter.
- A Complete set with a 13 Inch Pizza stone, Pizza Peel and Pizza Cutter.
- It is made of durable and high-quality materials.
- It can be used on a Grill and in an oven.
- Cooks Pizza right through and comes with all the equipment you may need.
The Unicook heavy Duty Ceramic stone Pizza Pan is ideal for ovens, BBQ’s and Grills.
- Made from FDA and LFGB certified Ceramic Cordierite stone.
- Excellent Thermal shock resistance and heat safe up to 787 degrees Celcius.
- Cook fresh or frozen Pizza, excellent moisture absorption.
- It comes with a free plastic multi-purpose scrape that can cut dough or scrape off the residue.
The Weber Gourmet BBQ System Pizza Stone comes with a complete easy to use carry rack.
- Made from heat retaining and absorbent Cordierite materials, which will give u light and Crispy Pizza Crust.
- Easy transporting with the versatile carry rack.
- Fits into the Gourmet BBQ system cooking grate of the Weber to stay in place while grilling.
- It can also be used in our oven.
From Outset, we have a Grill Stone Tile Set of four pieces for Pizza’s different sizes and shapes.
- A set of four 7.5 inch square stones that are 0.4mm thick are included in this set.
- You can choose different shapes or sizes of options.
- Heat safe up to 787 degrees Celsius.
- The individual’s tiles allow you to personalize your pizzas to suit everyone’s needs easily.
- Completely safe to use in your oven or on your grill.
The Heat Deflector Stone from Unicook is compatible with your Char-Griller, AKORN Kamado grill, and the Large Big Green Egg grill, as well as many other popular grill brands.
- It is sized at 17 inches by 13 inches and 0.80 inches thick.
- It is made from natural Cordierite stone.
- FDA and LFGB approved design and materials for safety.
- Durable and retains heat for the perfectly cooked pizza every time.
The Emile Henry is a Granite Pizza stone that can be used on your BBQ, grill, or even in your oven.
- Available in different color options and designs.
- Safe for use in temperatures up to 900d degrees Fahrenheit.
- A durable glazed Pizza stone that is scratch resistant and retains heat.
- Very easy to clean as well as completely dishwasher safe.
- This pizza stone by Solido is designed after extensive testing and trying to create the perfect Pizza.
- It offers a large surface area and still fits all standard ovens.
- The stone is a rectangular cut and designed to store and spiral heat in the center.
- It also features feet on the underside to keep the stone balance and offer a superior grip.
- This is a Pizzacraft Thermobond Pizza Stone by BreadKings.
- It is made using all-natural, formulated Cordierite, which is molded through 400 tons of pressure and heating over 2100F.
- This stone is designed for better thermal shock resistance and durability.
- It features a professional-grade, porous material that is highly absorbent to simulate brick oven cooking.
- This Pizza stone is designed for use in oven and grills.
- It is made using FDA-safe, all-natural, Cordierite stone for excellent, and even cooking.
- The stone offers thermal shock resistance, as well as heat-resistance up to 1472F.
- It is full of micro-pores that absorb excess moisture from the dough, resulting in a crispy crust.
- This pizza stone is made of Tuff Cordierute, or Thermarite.
- It is designed to last longer, with better strength and heat distribution.
- The stone delivers excellent thermal shock resistance, as well as heat-resistance.
- It measures 16 inches in size, with a round cut design.
Index Table: Top Rated Pizza Stones for Grills
|1||CuisinArt CPS-445 - Grill Pizza Stone Set||CuisinArt||98.2|
|2||Unicook Heavy Duty - Grill Pizza Stone||Unicook||97|
|3||Weber 8836 - Pizza Stone for Grill||Weber||97|
|4||Outset 76176 - Pizza Stone for Grill Set||Outset||97|
|5||Unicook Heat Deflector - Grill Pizza Stone||Unicook||98|
|6||Emile Henry Flame Top - Grill Pizza Stone||Emile Henry||95|
|7||Solido Rectangular - Pizza Stone||Solido||96.6|
|8||BreadKings Heavy Duty - Pizza Stone||BreadKings||96.1|
|9||GEEBOBO Cordierite - Pizza Stone||GEEBOBO||95.7|
|10||CastElegance Tuff Cordierite - Pizza Stone||CastElegance||95.3|
Table of Contents
- Pizza Stone Types and Materails
- Why You Need a Pizza Stone
- Features of a Good Pizza Stone for Grill
- Reviews: The Best Pizza Stones for Grills
- CuisinArt® CPS-445 Grill Pizza Stone Set
- Unicook® Heavy Duty Grill Pizza Stone
- Weber® 8836 Pizza Stone for Grill
- Outset® 76176 Pizza Stone for Grill Set
- Unicook® Heat Deflector Grill Pizza Stone
- Emile Henry® Flame Top Grill Pizza Stone
- Solido® Rectangular Pizza Stone
- BreadKings® Heavy Duty Pizza Stone
- GEEBOBO® Cordierite Pizza Stone
- CastElegance® Tuff Cordierite Pizza Stone
- Index Table: Top Rated Pizza Stones for Grills