When it comes to searing meat, crisping a chicken breast or fish fillet, and even making a delicious grilled cheese sandwich, the idea is to maximize the contact between your foot and the vessel used for cooking.
So how do you achieve this with your grill?
Along with the proper cooking technique, the answer you are looking for is the best girl Press.
In this article, we look at the basic designed and trusted favorite grill press used for cooking steaks, burgers, and many other foods to perfection.
The Grill Press and How to Use It
The Grill press in its design is a flat weighted object consisting of a heavy metal, usually cast iron, and in some cases glass or aluminum.
There will be a handle attached to the flat weight’s upper side, usually wood or a material that does not overheat for safe handling.
The concept behind any grill press is to keep the food flat as it cooks and distribute heat evenly.
Some grill presses even come with ridges to create sear marks on foods.
Although most grill presses are used only outside grills, some are even safe to use on a pa or skillet.
How to Use a Grill Press
Luckily, using a grill Press is very easy, and once you get used to it, you will invent our own handy ways and new uses for the grill press;
- Season Your Press – Unless Your grill Press is already seasoned, especially when it comes to casting iron presses, you will need to lightly spread it with olive oil aa vegetable oil to prevent food from sticking to eth surface.
- Heating the Grill Press – Place your Grill Press directly on to the grill over the heat, and pre-heat your grill. Once the grill and press have achieved the right temperature, you can remove the press and place it on your grill’s top rack or side area.
- Cooking with the Press – Place your food on the grill you want to press. Place the Grill press directly onto the food and cook as normal. Keep in mind not to use the grill press on fragile food such as fish fillets and loosely packed burgers, as the weight will push the food through the grill grates.
- Flipping Food – Remove the press, turn your food over and place the grill press on the other side of the food for even cooking.
- Time and Temperatures – because you are compressing the food from both sides, the grilling time will be cut by at least 20+ degrees. So you need to check and adjust your overall grill time depending on the type of food being grilled.
- Cleaning – When you have cooked your food, you will need to allow the Grill Press to Cool down along with the grill. When cooled, you can use a stiff brush and warm water to clean off the Grill press.
Features of a Good Grill Press
- Surface Type – The grill Press will have either a flat and smooth surface or ridges for searing marks.
- Materials – Most grill presses consist of cast iron, though I have seen other heavy metals used, glass and aluminum.
- Handle – The handle should be a design that will not overheat and burn your hands when handling. Wood and stainless steel are mostly used.
- Pre-Seasoned – Some grill presses come already Pre-Seasoned. Otherwise, you will need to season the surface with an oil of your choice.
- Size – The Grill press will come in a round or square shape as well as many different sizes. The choice of size will depend on your personal needs as well as the size of your grill.
Reviews: The Best Grill Presses
The Bellemain Cast Iron Grill press has a heavy-duty design and an ergonomic wood handle.
- The grill Press consists of durable and non-stick cast iron.
- The size is ideal to fit almost any cooking area.
- It offers equalized weight distribution and even cooking.
- The stay-cool handle design will keep your hands safe from burns.
The Jim Beam iron Grill Press has a cool grip technology handle consisting of durable stainless steel.
- The cast iron base is durable and comes already pre-seasoned.
- There is a stainless steel handle with a cool grip spiral design.
- The size is ideal for cooking chicken, pork, steak, hamburgers, vegetables, and fish.
- The press comes ready for immediate use.
Cuisinart is a top brand in grill equipment, and its grill press is a handy and high-quality tool to have.
- Cuisinart offers a durable cast iron press that weighs 2.8 pounds.
- The wood handle allows a comfortable and cool grip.
- The surface has ridges for grill marks.
- It is ideal for a variety of types of foods, even for grilling sandwiches.
- Very easy to clean design that dries quickly.
The Victoria Grill Press is a fully seasoned cast iron grill press that is kosher certified and GMO-free.
- The Victoria grill press comes in two versions and size options.
- It is a cast-iron press that comes seasoned with GMO-free Kosher seasoning.
- The press will transfer and spread heat evenly for fast and even cooking.
- The handle is ergonomic and offers a cool grip.
From Commercial Chef, we have a durable cast iron press with an easy-grip wood handle and seasoned surface.
- The Commercial Chef press is a round design grilling accessory for all your grilling needs.
- It consists of cast iron that is durable and easy to clean.
- There is a wooden handle that stays cool and is easy to grip.
- The ridges allow for superb grill marks and easy searing.
- The grill Press is black in color.
The Wener Bacon Press is ideal for breakfast grills indoors and outdoors, with a heavy-duty design and wooden handle.
- The Wener grill press comes with a very comfortable wooden handle that is safe and comfortable to handle.
- The press is durable cast iron with a 2.6pound weight,
- It is already pre-seasoned with vegetable oil and ready for immediate use.
- The round design is ideal for burgers and a variety of foods.
- The press also helps to remove excess fats from meat and to cook foods more evenly.
- This is a pre-seasoned Grill Press designed by Lodge Store.
- The grill press is constructed with cast iron for even heat distribution.
- It features a cool-grip spiral handle, and measures 6.75 x 4.5 inches in size.
- The grill press offers unparalleled heat retention and is great for induction cooktops.
- This is a heavy weight Grill Press designed by Tezzorio.
- It features a durable Cast Iron construction that provides ideal heat retention.
- The grill press comes with a wooden handle that is designed for a comfortable grip and easy handling.
- It measures 8.25 x 4.25 in sizes and is rectangular in design.
- This is a commercial grade Grill Press designed by Manucode.
- It is constructed with 304 Stainless Steel material, making it non-toxic, lead-free, easy to clean, and without any seasoning.
- The grill press comes with a stylish touch-cool wooden handle, with a screw-removable design.
- It measures 8.2 x 4.3 inches in size and is large enough to press two burgers at a time for convenience.
- This is a Lagostina Nera Grill Pan Press with a grill base and separate press.
- It is constructed with heavy-gauge hard anodized Aluminum for durability and support.
- The grill press features a dual layer, metal-utensil safe nonstick interior that makes cooking enjoyable, and allows for easy cleanup.
- It includes hammered Stainless Steel lid to provide a tight seal to lock in flavor while simmering.
Index Table: Top Rated Grill Presses
|1||Bellemain Heavy Duty - Cast iron Grill Press||Bellemain||98.5|
|2||Jim Beam JB0177 - Press for Your Grill||Jim Beam||98|
|3||Cuisinart CGPR-221 - Wood Handle Grill Press||Cuisinart||97.6|
|4||Victoria cast Iron - Grill Press||Victoria||96.7|
|5||Commercial Chef Pre-Seasoned - Seasoned Press for Your Grill||Commercial Chef||96.8|
|6||Wener Heavy Duty - Round Grill Press||Wener||96.3|
|7||Lodge Pre-Seasoned - Cast Iron Grill Press||Lodge||95.9|
|8||Tezzorio Heavy-Weight - Grill Press||Tezzorio||95.5|
|9||Manucode Commercial Grade - Grill Press||Manucode||95.1|
|10||Lagostina Nera - Grill Pan Press||Lagostina||94.7|
Table of Contents
- The Grill Press and How to Use It
- How to Use a Grill Press
- Features of a Good Grill Press
- Reviews: The Best Grill Presses
- Bellemain® Heavy Duty Cast iron Grill Press
- Jim Beam® JB0177 Press for Your Grill
- Cuisinart® CGPR-221 Wood Handle Grill Press
- Victoria® cast Iron Grill Press
- Commercial Chef® Pre-Seasoned Seasoned Press for Your Grill
- Wener® Heavy Duty Round Grill Press
- Lodge® Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Grill Press
- Tezzorio® Heavy-Weight Grill Press
- Manucode® Commercial Grade Grill Press
- Lagostina® Nera Grill Pan Press
- Index Table: Top Rated Grill Presses