As we all know, it is by no means easy or very possible to eat your steak with a usual table knife.
So if you want to enjoy your delicious piece of meat without having to saw away with a blunt knife, here are some of the top favorite Steak Knives in Sets, features in this article.
Why do You Need a Good Steak Knife Set
So as we have established, eating steak with a table knife is not the best op[ption.
Having a good steak knife set in your home is an absolute must, particularly if you enjoy a good piece of steak or other meats that require cutting.
Here are a few reasons why you need the best set of steak knives in your home;
- Sharper Blades – You do not want to ruin your prime cut fillet or expensive filet Mignon with a blunt knife that shreds the meat and causes all the juices to run out. High-Quality Steak Knives have a very sharp blade with carefully crafted edges that will cut through any Steak like a hot knife through butter.
- Sense of Occasion – When you have made an effort to invest in a premium set of Steak knives, you can bring them out on select evenings when you have guests and serve your favorite steak.
- Safety – Good Steak Knives are sharp, and have an ergonomic grip as well as safe and sturdy construction. This means fewer accidents and better handling to prevent accidents.
- Easy to User – A Sharp and Sturdy Steak knife is just so much more reliable and easy to use to cut through steaks and other meats.
Types of Steak Knives Available
So when you are out and about searching for you best steak knife set, here are some of the different choices that you will find;
- Edge Types – You will see that there are different edges on the blades of certain steak knives. There are plain Sharp edges, which are sharper but blunt easily in time, Serrated Edges, which take very long before they need sharpening, and Micro Serrated Edges usually found on lower quality steak knives.
- Blade Materail – Stainless steel is by far the best material that is used for the blade of your knife.
- Grind – The Grind refers to the way your knife is thinned towards the sharp edge. You get a Hollow Grind, which has a V-shape when viewed cross-section, and that is exceptionally sharp. A Full Flat Grind, slopes linearly and slowly, and is much stronger than the Hollow grind, yet less sharp.
- The Handle – There are also different types of handles and designs in this area. The Traditional Handle, has three Rivets holding it in place and usually consists of wood or plastic. The Japaneses or Contemporary Style Handle, has a wood or plastic base that is much flatter and lacks ergonomic grip. Then there is the Stainless Steel Handle, which is a unform creation that blends to the blade without andy rivets or attachments.
Features of a Good Steak Knife Set
- Blade – A sharp serrated or flat blade, from stainless steel.
- Full Tang – Look for a full tang for longevity and a better quality knife.
- Balanced – The design must be well balanced for ease of use.
- Handle – Wood, Plastic, or metal can be used for the handle, which is flat or designed for an ergonomic grip.
- Sturdy – The handle and the entire design of the Knife needs to be sturdy and reliable.
- Set – look for a set of four or up to 12 depending on what your requirements are. Some sets come with aneat box for safe keeping.
Reviews: The Best Steak Knife Sets
Below are some of the best brands and models when it comes to steak Knives, that you can get in a full Set;
The Wusthof Steak Knife has an elegant contemporary design and comes in a Wood box with 8 Knives.
- The Set comes with eight knives in a presentation box with a Rosewood finish.
- The Knives are manufactured from the finest quality stainless steel.
- The Wustof knife also has a contemporary design and handle.
- All the Knives are precision forged for the utmost quality and durability.
The Dalstrong Knife set Gladiator series offers you Forged German ThyssenKrupp HC steel knives of exceptional quality and elegance.
- You can choose between the four-piece serrated edge knife set or the four-piece straight edge knife set.
- In these knives, you will see the most outstanding Craftmanship and cutting edge technology as well as an absolutely stunning design.
- The German Steel used is exceptionally reliable, sharp, and durable.
- The knives are hand polished to perception, and the design s tapered for improved hardness and flexibility.
Something on the Japanese craftsmanship style is the Shun four-piece knife set.
- You get a Boxed set with four premiers five-inch thick steak knives.
- A VG-10 Stainless steel is used in the construction of the knives.
- There is a stunning look of Damascus steel with a very sharp 16-degree blade angle and excellent blade edge retention.
- There is also a Black Pakka wood D-Shaped handle for a comfortable grip that reduces friction.
- The Shun knives are made in Japan.
The ideal steak Knives from Chicago are the most exceptional quality and craftsmanship.
- These are professional quality knives that offer very high-performance values.
- High-Carbon Stainless steel is used in the blades to resist rust, stains, and pitting.
- The handle is triple-riveted and consists of natural hardwood with an ergonomic grip design.
- There is a full metal tang that provides excellent strength and balance.
- The set comes with four steak knives and a full lifetime warranty.
The Cuisinart Knife set comes in a set of six durable and high-quality Steak Knives.
- You can choose between different knife set options as well as adding other types of knives to your collection from the same range.
- High Carbon stainless steel is used in the knives, which resists rust and stains.
- The knives are forged durable and have an extra-wide safety bolster for perfect control and reliable stability.
- There are stainless steel rivets to secure the full-tang blade to the ergonomic design handle in black.
Another addition from Chicago is their Knife set with the Walnut Wood Handle.
- High-quality High Carbon stainless steel blade construction and an exclusive tapered Grind Edge for better blade retention and sharpness.
- There is a classically designedWalnut Wood, handle that provides excellent grip comfort and an elegant style.
- There is a triple compression brass rivet set that holds the handles securely to the blade,
- The Blades come in a six-pack option or two four-pack options from which you can select.
Index Table: Top Rated Steak Knife Sets
|1||Wusthof 8 Piece - Stainless Steel Steak Knife Set||Wusthof||98.7|
|2||Dalstrong Gladiator Series - Steak Knife Set||Dalstrong||98|
|3||SHUN Premier - Japanese Style Steak Knife Set||SHUN||97|
|4||Chicago Cutlery Basics - Steak Knife Set||Chicago Cutlery||97|
|5||Cuisinart Triple River - Steak Knife Set||Cuisinart||97|
|6||Chicago Cutlery wood Handle - Walnut Tradition Steak Knife Set||Chicago Cutlery||97.2|
Table of Contents
- Why do You Need a Good Steak Knife Set
- Types of Steak Knives Available
- Features of a Good Steak Knife Set
- Reviews: The Best Steak Knife Sets
- Index Table: Top Rated Steak Knife Sets