A barbecue Grill Mat is an excellent non-stick surface option that evenly and effectively cooks meats and a larger variety of foods.
However, some brands and models work better than others and some considerations to be taken when choosing the most suitable one for your specific needs and requirements.
The Grill Matt
So you have heard about the Grill Matt and all its wonders, well lets first take a more in-depth look at the grill mat before you make your decision;
What is a Grill Matt Exactly and What Can it Do
The grill Mat is usually constructed from Fiberglass and coated with a variety of polytetrafluoroethylenes or PTFE amounts. It is a Thins and flexible non-stick cooking mat that will not degrade at high temperatures.
How do Grill Matts Differ
Grill mats differ in that they come in various size options, and they can have a varying amount of non-stick PTFE coatings, which makes them slicker or more textured. Most grill mats are quite thin; however, some thinner than others, making a difference in how they perform on the grill.
Uses and Benefits of a Grill Mat
The Grill Matt has some superb uses and benefits that you can look forward to, here are a couple;
- Eliminate Grill Clean-Up – The grill mat is so much easier to clean up, and also eliminates the clean up of grill grates.
- Retains Moisture – With the Grill Mat, moisture is not lost during cooking, as with Grates, which means more succulent and flavorful foods.
- Non-Stick – Most grill Mats have a completely non-stick surface which makes cooking much easier.
Features of a Good Grill Mat
- COF – Coefficent of Friction, look for a smoother rather than motre textured texture.
- PTFE Coating – Check for the coating which offers non-stick results; a double layer is much better than a single layer.
- Thcikness – Look for something in between, not too thick and not too thin, so that heat is distributed more evenly and not too fast or too slow.
- Temperature Capacity – Look for a maximum temperature resistance of 500Fahrenheit degrees, do not go higher.
- Size – Make sure that the Size fits your Grill properly.
Reviews: The Best Grill Mats
Below are some excellent choices in Grill Mats that are durable and cook to perfection;
The Renook Reusable Grill mat comes in a handy set of six grill mats with a non-stick surface.
- A six-pack of reusable Grill Matts that is just the right thickness for even cooking.
- The surface is completely non-stick and can be used without any oils or grease.
- FDA approved materials are used that are free of all PFOA’s.
- Dishwasher safe-design that is economical and reusable.
- It comes with a premium PTFE coating and no silicones or dangerous materials.
The Grillaholics Grill Matt has a heavy-duty design and is a no-mess option for easy grilling.
- The ideal thickness for the best flavor and even cooking.
- It can be used to cook a variety of foods on almost any type of grill.
- Easy to clean with less mess.
- Safe and PFOA free made with PTFE coated Fiberglass.
- Top Chef approved for quality and effectiveness.
From Kona Best, we have the extra large and safe approved Grill Matt that can be used on any grill type.
- An extra-large grill matt that can cover a large four burner Gas grill or a large charcoal Grill.
- Thicker and more durable at 0.39 mm and can be used over a thousand times.
- Clean and easy grilling and easily washable.
- It comes with a 7-year accessory guarantee from Kona.
The Kinrol Non-Stick Grill Matt is a mesh design grill mat that allows for better heat dispersion.
- Made from 100% PFOA free materials and premium PTFE coated Fiberglass that is FDA, LFGB and SGS approved for safety.
- High heat resistance of up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Non-Stick on Both Sides and completely dishwasher safe.
- It comes in a set of 6 reusable Grill mats.
The Char-Broil Grill Matt is large in size and has a non-stick coating; it is the ideal Grill matt for protecting your floors against grease and oil stains and messes.
- Keep grease and mess off your patio and floors with this grill matt, which you place underneath your Grill for protection.
- Large in size and fits in a 48-inch Charbroil grill.
- It is made from durable and non-stick PVC and Polyester laminate.
- No assembly required; just place it underneath your grill.
For smaller Gas grills, the Drymate offers a dry and absorbent surface to trap messes and protect your countertops and floors against spills from a Grill.
- Soft and absorbent materials that absorb spills and protect decks, patios, and surfaces.
- There is non-slip waterproof backing to keep the matt in place.
- The fabric is very durable and long-lasting, made from recycled plastic.
- Power wash, hand wash, or hose off cleaning that is quick and easy.
- Environmentally safe and made in the USA>
Index Table: Top Rated Grill Mats
|1||Renook Reusable - Grill Mats||Renook||98|
|2||Grillaholics Heavy Duty - Mat for Grilling||Grillaholics||98|
|3||Kona Best 600 Degree - Grilling Mat||Kona Best||98|
|4||Kingrol Non-Stick - Mesh Grill Mats||Kingrol||97|
|5||Char Broil Protective - Floor Grill Mat||Char Broil||96|
|6||Drymate Gas Grill - Grilling Mat||Drymate||98|
Table of Contents
- The Grill Matt
- Uses and Benefits of a Grill Mat
- Features of a Good Grill Mat
- Reviews: The Best Grill Mats
- Index Table: Top Rated Grill Mats