There is an old saying “you get what you paid for,” and yes, to some extent, this is true, however nowadays, there are many ways and means around that.
You can easily get an affordable grill that is still excellent quality and even good brand names, at a fraction of the cost, if you know how to look for them.
How to Save Money On Your Grill
Besides getting a Cheaper grill here are a few tips and tricks to help you save money on a Grill and when Grilling;
- Natural Gas – If you have a Gas grill or want to purchase a Gas grill, rather opt for Natural Gas, it is much cheaper than Propane Gas.
How you Light Your Charcaol – Using Lighting fluid and firelighters to light a charcoal fire is not just expensive but contains many hazardous fumes and chemicals. The solution is a Charcoal CHIMNEY or an electric Charcoal Starter, which is a once-off purchase that you can use over and over again.
Shopping for Propane – So you already have e a propane Gas Grill or have your sights on one. Heres, a tip, shop around for your Propane Gas and don’t just settle for the closet retailer. Propane gas prices differ, and a central distribution center may be much cheaper.
Fuel Efficiency – Whether it is a gas or Charcoal grill, put your food on the minute the grill is ready and do not wait, which may cause the need for reheating or refueling with a charcoal grill. When your food is done, switch off the gas grill immediately.
A Good Charcoal Grill – Investing a more fuel-efficient and better Charcoal grill means you use less charcoal, and the fire can be shut down immediately after use, allowing you to reuse unburned charcoal again.
Durability VS Price – Buying a cheap and low-quality grill because it costs less, in the long run, will work out more expensive when you have to replace or fix the grill regularly, then I would rather opt for something more expensive that will last longer, particularly if you are an avid griller.
Maintain Your Investment – If you clean your grill after every use and thoroughly clean it every now and again and maintain it, it will last longer. Keep your grill covered and protected from outdoor elements and wetness and clean it thoroughly to maintain it in good condition.
Charcaol VS Gas – A gas grill is more expensive than a charcoal grill but costs less to use as gas is cheaper than wood or charcoal, and you may not need a lighter or matches. However, a natural gas Grill is your cheapest option when it comes to fuel efficiency.
Cheap Grill VS Expensive Grill
However, let us look at some of the characteristics that make a Cheap grill different from an expensive grill;
- Size – Cheaper grills or even cheaper good quality brand grills may be smaller than expensive grills in general. I personally would rather opt for a smaller quality grill than a large cheap made grill.
Warranty – The longer and more inclusive the warranty, the more expensive the grill at most times. Most cheaper grills come with a limited warranty that only covers some parts.
- Materail Quality – Low-quality steels, cast aluminum, or other material that are thin and deteriorate fast are used in cheaper grill types, so be on the lookout for this.
Heat Output – The BTU, which is the heat and power output rate of a gas grill, is very important, and this should be considered in cheaper gas grill models. You need at least 80-100BTU’s per square inch of cooking to cook your food properly.
Burners – The Burners form a very important part of your gas grill, so make sure that it is made out of durable and thick stainless steel or materials, and not thin and flimsy materials that will not last.
Features – If you want to save a bit of money you may need to compromise a few added features, which all in all is not the worse part, as you can replace certain expensive features such as storage and prep shelving with a cheaper side table or make your own hanging hooks.
Features of a Good Cheap Grill
- Durable and strong build and materials such as stainless steel, cast iron, with or without porcelain enamel coatings.
- A large enough cooking space or gate.
- Durable and high-quality burners.
- A BTU output of at least 80-100 per square inch of cooking space on your Gas grill.
- Smaller additional features such as a stand, shelving, hanging hooks, and wheels for portability.
- A lid or windproofing.
- Temperature control system or ventilation holes.
- A durable ashtray on a charcoal grill.
- Electric ignition on your gas grill.
Reviews: The Best Cheap Grills
Weber is a top brand in luxury grills, but when you settle for their basic smaller range of grills, you can get them and quite an affordable price.
- The small surface that can cook up to five burgers at a time.
- Compact, lightweight, and portable design.
- A porcelain-enameled lid and bowl that will not rust and retains heat easily.
- There are temperature control dampers and a durable plated steel cooking grate that cleans easily.
George Foreman is another formidable grill brand that specializes in electric grills with a griddle based grate.
- A large 240 square inch Griddle design grill that can cook anything, even eggs.
- It comes on a stand for easy use with a closable lid.
- It is made from durable materials with a sturdy stand.
- Easy and convenient use that takes up little space in your home.
- Electrically operated.
The Char-Griller Patio grill is a top brand in their Charcoal outdoor model with a great price tag.
- There are 250 square inches of cooking grates made from cast iron.
- A small side drawer for storage and a stay-cool wood handle on the lid.
- A double steel bottom and side air vents for temperature control.
- The sturdy frame and wheel make it ideal for outdoor use.
This is a very affordable option made from durable materials with a very efficient design.
- Made from premium stainless steel that is sturdy and durable.
- The charcoal tray is uniquely designed to allow the charcoal to grill more efficiently.
- This is a high-temperature chrome safety net.
- Wide and comfortable design with a large cooking space.
- Charcoal fuelled design grill.
The All for your standing and portable charcoal grill is affordable and the best quality.
- A small and compact standing charcoal grill with a lid.
- Ideal heat control and retention design.
- Ideal for all grilling conditions.
- Charcoal fueled design with an ashtray and easy cleaning.
- Portable and easy to transport.
This is an all in one versatile and portable, and affordable grill that I highly recommend from BestTiers.
- A great design with a grill grate, cooking pan, side basket, and foldable legs.
- Ideal for outdoor use or on your patio.
- Full temperature control using the adjustable air vents.
- A thick rod support frame and legs.
- Double chrome-plated cooking grids with adjustable positioning.
- Separate easy to clean charcoal groove.
Index Table: Top Rated Cheap Grills
|1||Weber Smokey Joe - Cheap Portable Grill||Weber||98.1|
|2||George Foreman 240Inch - Cheap Griddle Grill||George Foreman||98|
|3||Char Griller Patio Pro - Affordable Outdoor Grill||Char Griller||98|
|4||Cocoarm Portable - Cheap Grill||Cocoarm||97|
|5||All For You 18 Inch - Cheap Portable Grill||All For You||97|
|6||BestTiers Portable - Cheap Portable Grill||BestTiers||98|
Table of Contents
- How to Save Money On Your Grill
- Cheap Grill VS Expensive Grill
- Features of a Good Cheap Grill
- Reviews: The Best Cheap Grills
- Index Table: Top Rated Cheap Grills