With all the different grills available on the market today, two of the most likely competitors are the Flat Top Grill and the Grate Grill.
Some people choose the Flat Grill because it is more versatile, allowing you to cook a larger variety of foods, and others prefer the Grate Grill because it cooks meats much better and seasons better.
Flat Top Grill Benefits and Techniques
So lets us look a bit in-depth into the Flat Top grill;
- Benefits – The Flat Top grill is the perfect grill for steaks, in fact, you can cook just about anything on it, such as eggs, pancakes, burgers, and many more. The food will not break up or fall through and cook evenly because of the flat and solid top.
- Techniques Used on a Flat Top Grill – The Flat Top grill is indoor friendly and has a tray that collects oil; you can use various recipes and get excellent results.
- Use Of Oils – You will need oils to cook on a flat top grill; however, only a small amount will differ with the type of food you are cooking.
- Temperature Controls – The Flat Top Grill heats up rapidly and has temperature controls that allow you to cook almost anything imaginable. The grill is
Some Pros and Cons Flat Top Grill
As with everything, there are advantages and disadvantages, so here is what you need to know about the Flat Top Grill;
- Easy Cleaning – The Flat Top grill cleans quickly and easily with no grates and only a flat solid surface to wipe down.
- Very Hot – Most flat Top Grills Heat up very fast and keep even heat throughout the cooking process.
- Compact – Most Flat Top Grills are small and compact and take up little space.
- Excellent Temperature Controls – The Flat Top Grill comes with easy and effective temperatire Controls.
- Non-Stick Surface – Most Flat Top grills have a Non-Stick surface, which makes cooking and cleaning much easier.
- Versatile – if anything, the Flat Top Grill is versatile and can be used to cook pretty much anything.
- Cons – One of the only cons so far from the Flat Top grill is that it is either electrical or gas-operated, so you lack the classic Charcoal or wood aroma of a Charcoal Grill.
Features of a Good Flat Top Grill
- Non-Stick Durable Flat surface.
- Compact in size.
- Adjustable Temperature Controls.
- It heats up fast and retains heat.
- Ample cooking surface Space.
- Gas or electric operated.
Reviews: The Best Flat Top Grills
Below are some excellent choices in the best available Flat Top Grills;
- This is a Sizzle-Q flat top grill designed by Little Griddle.
- It comes with patented vented construction for strength and even heat management.
- Built-in grease tray that collects cooking oil and prevents flare-ups.
- It takes only low maintenance to clean the flat top grill.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
The Blackstone Table Top Grill is a convenient and portable flat surface tabletop grill.
- A portable with an electrical igniter that uses propane gas for fueling.
- Tiny compact and easy to store, and no-hassle cleanup.
- The flattop grill is a versatile platform for many cooking techniques not only for grilling but in toasting, simmering, and frying as well.
- Even heating that has an output of 12 000 with the stainless steel burner.
- A spacious cooking surface that can grill various food items.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
The Cuisinart flat top grill is a free-standing, fully equipped grill with a flat cooking surface.
- It has two burners that allow you to control heat on your griddle surface.
- An oversized 360-degree tray for easy grease management.
- It comes with a paper towel holder underneath that makes it easy to keep the area clean.
- A stainless steel lid and vents for roasting and steaming, and makes the grill cooks evenly and heats up quickly
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
From Hamilton Beach, we have the versatile and double zone design flat top grill.
- 3 in 1 cooking versatility with a full griddle, half griddle, full and half grill, with reversible plates.
- Ideal for cooking breakfasts, lunches, and dinners.
- Double cooking zones with independently adjustable heaters and a channeling drip tray underneath,
- A large 180 square inches cooking top can cook up to 8 servings.
- Very easy to clean and a PFOA non-stick plates design.
The Royal Gourmet PD1300 is a gourmet cooking grill with a flat cooking surface and a 2 or 3 burner option.
- Select a two or three-burner size option.
- The burners are separately controlled and have a cooking power of 9 000BTU each.
- There is a large porcelain enamel griddle top that is easy to wipe clean.
- Durable stainless steel controls and a Piezo ignition system.
- The side grease cup collects oils and grease for convenient cleaning.
- Included is a regulator for a 20lb tank and the tabletop design LP Gas griddle.
The Blackstone 1605 model is an outdoor propane gas grill with a flat top cooking surface.
- Outdoor large design that is on a stand has wheels for portability.
- Features a large 448 square inch flat top cooking surface.
- There are two independent gas-fuelled stainless steel burners.
- Professional model and design with easy temperature controls.
- This is a flat top grill designed by PIT BOSS.
- It allows 289 square inches of cooking area, with 4.7mm of thickness.
- The pre-seasoned griddle top is easily portable and safe for indoor and outdoor use.
- It features four black non-slip legs for standing support and two separately supported burners controlled with push-and-turn ignition.
- This is a 3-in-1 versatile grill offering full griddle, full grill, half grill/half griddle.
- The reversible plate includes a griddle on one side and a grill.
- It offers 2 cooking areas with independent, adjustable heat and a center grease channel with a drip tray underneath.
- It is made of metal and dishwasher safe.
- This is a large-sized flat top griddle designed for use on the countertop.
- It measures 21.6 x 13.8 inches in size and maintains its shape.
- The dense heating coils in this griddle cook food evenly and thoroughly.
- It comes with a precise temperature adjustment knob with a clear scale and an LED light to indicate the heating status.
The Little griddle GQ230 is a small professional-quality griddle with a flat cooking surface.
- Enjoy even heating with the underside cross bracing.
- There are detachable side handles for easy movement and portability.
- A full-width grease well allows easy cleanup.
- Made from 100% pure and durable stainless steel.
Index Table: Top Rated Flat Top Grills
|1||Little Griddle Sizzle-Q - Flat Top Grill||Little Griddle||97.25|
|2||Blackstone Table Top - Table Top Flat Top Grill||Blackstone||96.5|
|3||Cuisinart CGG-888 - Standing Flat Top Grill||Cuisinart||95.5|
|4||Hamilton 3 in 1 - Table Top Flat Top Grill||Hamilton||97|
|5||Royal Gourmet PD1300 - Flat Top Grill||Royal Gourmet||96|
|6||BlackStone 1605 - Standing Flat Top Grill||BlackStone||98|
|7||PIT BOSS PB336GS - Flat Top Grill||PIT BOSS||97.8|
|8||Hamilton Beach 3-in-1 - Electric Flat Top Griddle||Hamilton Beach||97.3|
|9||VBENLEM Countertop - Flat Top Griddle||VBENLEM||96.7|
|10||Little Griddle GQ 230 - Table Top Flat Top Grill||Little Griddle||98.3|
Table of Contents
- Flat Top Grill Benefits and Techniques
- Some Pros and Cons Flat Top Grill
- Features of a Good Flat Top Grill
- Reviews: The Best Flat Top Grills
- Little Griddle® Sizzle-Q Flat Top Grill
- Blackstone® Table Top Table Top Flat Top Grill
- Cuisinart® CGG-888 Standing Flat Top Grill
- Hamilton® 3 in 1 Table Top Flat Top Grill
- Royal Gourmet® PD1300 Flat Top Grill
- BlackStone® 1605 Standing Flat Top Grill
- PIT BOSS® PB336GS Flat Top Grill
- Hamilton Beach® 3-in-1 Electric Flat Top Griddle
- VBENLEM® Countertop Flat Top Griddle
- Little Griddle® GQ 230 Table Top Flat Top Grill
- Index Table: Top Rated Flat Top Grills