With all the different grills available on the market today, two of the most likely competitors are the Flat Top Grill and the Grate Grill.
Some people choose the Flat Grill because it is more versatile, allowing you to cook a larger variety of foods, and others prefer the Grate Grill because it cooks meats much better and seasons better.
Flat Top Grill Benefits and Techniques
So lets us look a bit in-depth into the Flat Top grill;
- Benefits – The Flat Top grill allows you to cook more than just meat; in fact, you can cook just about anything on it, such as eggs, pancakes, burgers, and many more. Because of the flat and solid top, the food will not break up or fall through, and will also cook evenly.
Techniques Used on a Flat Top Grill – The Flat Top grill is indoor friendly and has a tray that collects oil, you can use a variety of recipes and get excellent results.
Use Of Oils – You will need oils to cook on a flat top grill, however only a small amount that will differ with the type of food you are cooking.
Temperature Controls – The Flat Top Grill heats up rapidly and has temperature controls which allow you to cook almost anything imaginable. The grill is
Some Pros and Cons Flat Top Grill
As with everything there are advantages and disadvantages, so here is what you need to know about the Flat Top Grill;
- Easy Cleaning – The Flat Top grill cleans quickly and easily with no grates and only a flat solid surface to wipe down.
Very Hot – Most flat Top Grills Heat up very fast and keep even heat throughout the cooking process.
Compact – Most Flat Top Grills are small and compact and take up little space.
Excellent Temperature Controls – The Flat Top Grill comes with easy and effective temperatire Controls.
Non-Stick Surface – Most Flat Top grills have a Non-Stick surface, which does the cooking and cleaning much easier.
Versatile – if anything, the Flat Top Grill is versatile and can be used to cook pretty much anything.
Cons – One of the only cons so far from the Flat Top grill is that it is either electrical or gas-operated, so you lack the classic Charcoal or wood aroma of a Charcoal Grill.
Features of a Good Flat Top Grill
- Non-Stick Durable Flat surface.
- Compact in size.
- Adjustable Temperature Controls.
- Heats up fast and retains heat.
- Ample cooking surface Space.
- Gas or electrica operated.
Reviews: The Best Flat Top Grills
Below are some excellent choices in the best available Flat Top Grills;
The Little griddle GQ230 is a small professional quality griddle with a flat cooking surface.
- Enjoy even heating with the underside cross bracing.
- There are detachable side handles for easy movement and portability.
- A full-width grease well allows easy cleanup.
- Made from 100% pure and durable stainless steel.
The Blackstone Table Top Grill is a convenient and portable flat surface tabletop grill.
- Small and portable with an electrical igniter that uses propane gas for fueling.
- Very small compact and easy to store and no-hassle clean up.
- Fat and even heating that has an output of 12 000 with the stainless steel burner.
- A spacious cooking surface that is flat and durable.
The Cuisinart flat top grill is a free-standing, fully equipped grill with a flat cooking surface.
- Easy heat control with two independently controlled burners that offer 30 000 BTU’s of heating.
- An oversized 360-degree grease pan for easy grease management.
- It comes with a paper towel holder, and the prep table ate the sides.
- A stainless steel lid and vents for roasting and steaming.
From Hamilton Beach, we have the versatile and double zone design flat top grill.
- 3 in 1 cooking versatility with a full griddle, half griddle, full and half grill, with reversible plates.
- Ideal for cooking breakfasts, lunches, and dinners.
- Double cooking zones with independently adjustable heaters and a channeling drip tray underneath,
- A large 180 square inch cooking top that can cook up to 8 servings.
- Very easy to clean and a PFOA non-stick plates design.
The Royal Gourmet PD1300 is a gourmet cooking grill that has a flat cooking surface as well as a 2 or 3 burner option.
- Select a two or three burner size option.
- The burners are separately controlled and have a cooking power of 9 000BTU each.
- There is a large porcelain enamel griddle top that is easy to wipe clean.
- Durable stainless steel controls and a Piezo ignition system.
- The side grease cup collects oils and grease for convenient cleaning.
- Included is a regulator for a 20lb tank, and the tabletop design LP Gas griddle.
The Blackstone 1605 model is an outdoor propane gas grill with a flat top cooking surface.
- Outdoor large design that is on a stand has wheels for portability.
- Features a large 448 square inch flat top cooking surface.
- There are two independent gas-fuelled stainless steel burners.
- Professional model and design with easy temperature controls.
Index Table: Top Rated Flat Top Grills
|1||Little Griddle GQ 230 - Table Top Flat Top Grill||Little Griddle||98.3|
|2||Blackstone Table Top - Table Top Flat Top Grill||Blackstone||98|
|3||Cuisinart CGG-888 - Standing Flat Top Grill||Cuisinart||96|
|4||Hamilton 3 in 1 - Table Top Flat Top Grill||Hamilton||97|
|5||Royal Gourmet PD1300 - Flat Top Grill||Royal Gourmet||96|
|6||BlackStone 1605 - Standing Flat Top Grill||BlackStone||98|
Table of Contents
- Flat Top Grill Benefits and Techniques
- Some Pros and Cons Flat Top Grill
- Features of a Good Flat Top Grill
- Reviews: The Best Flat Top Grills
- Index Table: Top Rated Flat Top Grills