The Kamado Grill is a highly versatile and functional Grill that efficiently retains its heat and uses much less coal as fuel.
It is a safe and multifunctional Grill that is ideal for every home.
What Exactly is a Kamado Grill
The Kamado Grill, smoker, or oven as it is known, is fast growing in its category and is coming out with more and more choices and options every year.
These devices are generally fueled with charcoal and look a bit like an oval or round ancient burial urn or a giant egg.
The Kamado grill is one of the best insulators that keep heat in and is perfect for slow grilling food, especially meats that tend to burn on a regular grill like chicken.
The original heavier Kamado grill that was first introduced is made from ceramic, although today, lightweight insulated stainless steel is used as it is cheaper, lighter, and much less fragile.
Pros and Cons of the Kamado Grill
Kamado grill has been around since ancient times; today, they are known as egg smokers or oven grills. The Kamado Grill can SMOKE, BAKE and GRILL, so it is a highly versatile Grill to have.
If you are considering investing in a Kamado Grill I can personally recommend it, as I own one myself, but according to professionals here are a few Pros and Cons;
- Versatile – as I have mentioned, you can use it for baking, cook, and grill; extra extensions allow you to fry eggs and bacon, you can grill and sear meat and vegetables, or use it as an oven to slow cook chicken and vegetables, or even to smoke your meat for that natural flavor.
- Smoker – The Kamado grill is most likely one of the best Smokers you will find that can effectively smoke a large piece of meat with the use of only a few coals.
- Insulated – because of the very well insulated design of the Kamado grill, juices and moisture are kept in making your food much more delicious and flavorful and preventing meats and foods from drying out or burning. The insulated design retains an even heat and prevents flare-ups.
- Easy Dampening – when you are done with your Kamado Grill, you place back the lid, which will choke off the fire quickly and efficiently as well as save leftover coal for the next use.
- Weather Elements – another fun and convenient and=vantage of a Kamado Grill is that you can barbecue in wind and rain; the sealed lid keeps the heat and flames going no matter what the weather is outside. Even in freezing weather, the Kamado grill will hold its heat.
- Portable Options – With technology today, we are lucky enough to have smaller portable options if you want to go camping or enjoy a picnic with your Kamado Grill
- Heavy – The general sized Kamado Grill is heavy, sturdy, and not portable. They usually come with wheels to take them from one area to next, but this is not an item to take on a camping trip or picnic unless you have a smaller portable version that is available.
- Retain Heat – The Kamado grill take very long to cool down after use, so keep it in an area out of the way of being a burn hazard to children and poets.
- One Cooking Method at a Time – I would recommend that you decide whether you want to grill, bake or smoke on your Kamado as it is not very easy to chop and change between cooking methods.
- Expensive – This is a con. Still, for a reason, a Kamado is a versatile, durable, and solid investment, so rather spend a bit more, and you will have a quality and very long-lasting product with versatile uses for many years to come.
- Learning Curve – The Kamado grill may take a bit of time to get used to, and there is plenty to learn; this is particularly because of its many uses. Other than that, it has a rather easy to use design when you get the hang of it.
Features of a Good Kamado Grill
- Steel or ceramic construction with a sturdy frame and rubber wheels.
- It comes with a frying pan and a grid from steel or cast iron.
- LCD cook timer or Thermometer on the lid.
- The wooden or conductive handle on the lid that will not become hot.
- Extra side shelf for storage.
- Steel holder at the bottom to capture ash.
- Top and Bottom Air dampers.
Reviews: The Best Kamado Grills
Below are some of the most sought after brands and models in Kamado Grillers;
The Akorn Kamado griller and cooker is available in a few color options and has an appealing and sturdy design.
- This griller offers you 314 square inches of cooking space with a warming rack.
- The insulated design means you have more heat and need to use much less charcoal.
- The cooking surface is made from durable and rustproof cast iron.
- A cart constructed from tubular steel with rubber wheels for mobility.
- There is an easy locking lid, folding metal shelves, and easy dump ash pan, additionally
From KA Master, we have the Big Green with Egg Side shelves and a storage table, as well as other composite grill accessories.
- Ideal large Green Egg accessories, providing yours with a working and serving area at your fingertips.
- There is an extended storage area 3 slat mate serving area.
- High-quality composite and steel materials are used.
- Very easy to assemble and comes with full instructions.
Another excellent model from the well know and trusted Weber brand is the Performer Deluxe Kamado Charcoal grill.
- Features a 22-inch diameter porcelain-enameled bowl with a lid and a 363-inch cooking area.
- An Aluminized One-Touch cleaning system with a removable high capacity ash catcher.
- Easy and quick to assemble and rather lightweight.
- Electronic Touch and Go Gas ignition system.
- There is also an LC timer and a built-in lid thermometer.
Yet another unbeatable model from Char-Griller the E06614 AKORN JR, which is a smaller design that is durable and a bit more affordable.
- Features 153 square inches of primary cooking area with cast iron grates and Kamado style grill for even heating and advanced flavoring.
- Ther rare air dampers at the top and bottom for better temperature control.
- Holds heat just like any other expensive ceramic grill and uses much less charcoal.
- You can look forward to a Dual Air Flow Dampers, a hinged locking lid, heat gauge, and triple steel insulated wall
The Kamado Joe is another top brand in Kamado Grills that is much more lightweight and durable.
- An Exclusive divide and Conquer flexible cooking system with multi-levels.
- Half a rack design that doubles cooking space and allows you to cook different food varieties at different levels and surfaces.
- Patented aluminum rust and rainproof top with ventilation to manage temperatures.
- A double thick mesh wire and fiberglass gasket for an air-tight seal and a much longer-lasting lifespan.
- A Multipanel firebox six piece design.
The Weber Original Kettle is the old fashioned and regular Styled Kamado Grill from Weber that we have come to trust and love for many years, and it is still a hit.
- Can hold up to 13 burger patties in the Weber burner press.
- Secure one-touch cleaning system for fast ash clean up.
- A porcelain-enameled lid and bowl that retains heat and will not rust or peel.
- The dampers allow you to control the temperature inside easily.
- There is also a durable steel cooking grate, that retains heat and is very easy to clean.
- This is a premium-quality Ceramic grill.
- It measures 18 inches in size.
- The grill features a 3-tier divide and conquers, flexible cooking system.
- It comes with a hyperbolic smoke chamber, as well as an air-lift hinge.
- This is a premium quality, Kamado Joe Classic II Ceramic grill.
- It comes with a high-quality, Cast Iron cart with locking wheels for convenience.
- The grill features a 2-tier divide and conquer, flexible cooking system, with its multi-level, half-moon design.
- It features a powder-coated, cast Aluminum constructed, with a dual-adjustment top vent that is rain and mold-resistant.
- This is a premium, Ceramic grill measuring 13.5 inches in size.
- The Kamado grill comes with a cast iron stand for convenience.
- It is designed with a thick-walled, heat-resistant shell that locks in smoke and moisture at all temperatures.
- The grill comes with a cast-iron air vent for temperature control, as well as a built-in temperature gauge.
- This is a All-in-One Kamado grill.
- It comes 95% assembled for convenience.
- The grill also includes an ash tool to allow for easy cleaning and maintenance.
- It is designed with high-quality, durable, cradle shelves.
Index Table: Top Rated Kamado Grills
|1||Char-Griller Akorn - Kamado Grill and Cooker||Char-Griller||97.7|
|2||KAMaster 3 Slat - Large Kamado Grill||KAMaster||98|
|3||Weber Performer - Deluxe Kamado Grill||Weber||98|
|4||Char-Griller Akorn Mini - Kamado Grill for RV and Camping||Char-Griller||97|
|5||Kamado Joe Two - Kamado Grill||Kamado Joe||98|
|6||Weber Original - Kamado Grill and Kettle||Weber||98|
|7||Kamado Joe Classic Joe III - Charcoal Grill||Kamado Joe||97.5|
|8||Kamado Joe KJ23RHC - Classic II Charcoal Grill||Kamado Joe||97.1|
|9||Amazon Renewed Store Kamado Joe Jr. - Charcoal Grill||Amazon Renewed Store||96.7|
|10||Primo Grills and Smokers All-in-One - Kamado Round Grill||Primo Grills and Smokers||96.3|
Table of Contents
- What Exactly is a Kamado Grill
- Pros and Cons of the Kamado Grill
- Features of a Good Kamado Grill
- Reviews: The Best Kamado Grills
- Char-Griller® Akorn Kamado Grill and Cooker
- KAMaster® 3 Slat Large Kamado Grill
- Weber® Performer Deluxe Kamado Grill
- Char-Griller® Akorn Mini Kamado Grill for RV and Camping
- Kamado Joe® Two Kamado Grill
- Weber® Original Kamado Grill and Kettle
- Kamado Joe® Classic Joe III Charcoal Grill
- Kamado Joe® KJ23RHC Classic II Charcoal Grill
- Amazon Renewed Store® Kamado Joe Jr. Charcoal Grill
- Primo Grills and Smokers® All-in-One Kamado Round Grill
- Index Table: Top Rated Kamado Grills