If you are serious about your steaks and want to cook them to Chef quality perfection, then you might just need to start considering the right grill for the job.
Besides choosing the right cuts of steak and doing proper prepping, your grill also plays a large role in the cooking and delicious taste of your steak.
Best Grill Types for Cooking Steaks
For the most part, I would recommend a Charcoal grill or wood pellet grill f you want that original smokey flavor that an electrical or Gas grill will not likely be able to attain. Your PK or Kettle grill types are the best at controlling temperatures and flare-ups in general.
- The Grates – The Grates on your Grill are important as they give your steak those chargrilled stripes and also help to prevent flare-ups with high heat grilling. The Grated should be made either of anodized aluminum, which is your best option, or a porcelain coated stainless steel. Rustproofing and easy cleaning are likewise ideal features of your grate.
- The Grill – A PK Charcoal grill or Weber Kettle grill are your two best options as they can be closed to seal in heat and have air vents for ventilation. The PK Grill is made from Cast Aluminium, which will last very long, whereas your Kettle grill is mostly made from porcelain-coated metal, which is likewise rustproof and long-lasting.
- Gas and Electrical Grills – A Gas grill and Electrical Grill will work just as well, with the only downfall that you will not have the same woody or delicious flavor that you would get from a Charcoal base grill.
Getting the Right Steak For The Grill
Besides getting the Right Grill for Steaks, you also need to look at the tastiest and most delicious cuts that you can find, and how to cook them;
- Hanger Steaks – Otherwise known as the “Butchers Steak’ a piece that hangs between the ribs and the loin, and usually a favorite among butchers. This cut is not overly thick and cooks fast over direct high heat.
- Skirt Steak – If you have ever eaten a Fajita, then you have eaten Skirt Steak. Skirt Steak is very thin and does well when marinated and seared over high heat for a few minutes.
- Flank Steak – The Flank Steak comes from the belly area of the cow and is very flavorful, but also quite tough, it is likewise quite thin and needs to be seared at high heat fast, and never past a medium-rare.
- Top Sirloin – Top sirloin has excellent flavor and is budget-friendly, though it can get tough fast, so should also never be cooked past medium-rare stage. Cook it over high heat for a few minutes.
- Flat Iron – A Boneless piece of thick and juicy steak cut from the shoulder clod. Serve it medium rare and cook over high heat.
- Porterhouse Steak – Similar but not to be confused with the T-Bone steak, as it is cut from a higher up portion, this is a medium-thick steak that is Grilled best using the reversed searing method.
- T-Bone – This is a deliciously flavorful cut, yet tricky to cook; make sure the butcher cuts it to exactly 2 inches in thickness, and cook using the reverse searing method.
- Fillet Mignon – This is cut from the Tenderloin and completely bone-free. It is known as the most tender and juicy cut, yet does not hold much flavor, so the best would be to cook it with bacon or rub in some spices. Likewise, this is also your most expensive cut.
- Striploin/Clubsteak – A versatile piece that is tender and has a beefy flavour. It needs to be cooked on high heat and seared and then left on the cooler side of the grill, or vice versa.
- Ribeye – The Ribeye steak is known to be tender, juicy, and very well-marbled. It does best seared at high heat and then left on a cooler side of the grill.
Features of a Good Grill For Steaks
- Durable and washable rustproof grate from Aluminium or porcelain coated stainless steel.
- Cast Aluminium grill that retains heat and has ventilation holes.
- Wheels or Casters for Mobility.
- Gas, Charcoal, or Electrical grill Options, although Charcoal Grill is Advised.
Reviews: The Best Grill For Steaks
below are Your Best available Brands and Models of Grill for cooking the most succulent and flavorful steaks;
The Cuisinart Kettle Grill is a superb choice for any steak. It can sear and reverse sear and will cook your steak to perfection.
- A hinged steel cooking grate.
- We have integrated a durable lid thermometer to control temperatures.
- There is a large capacity deluxe ash catcher.
- Wheeled Cart for easy portability.
- Ideal for outdoor use.
The PK Grill PK 360 is one of the best models that are perfect for cooking steak. This model comes with new ash managing technology and two side panels for easy preparation.
- It gives you the option of fast and hor cooking, or slow and low cooking, with additional air vents.
- Very durable aluminum construction.
- Easy temperature management and heat efficient.
- Tel-Tru thermometer included, Which is the best in its class.
- Additional food preparation shelves.
There is just nothing that quite matches the Weber original for its versatility and ability to cook the perfect steak every time.
- Large grate for family-sized BBQ’s.
- An easy one-touch cleaning system.
- The porcelain enabled Bowl and lid holds temperatures stable.
- A lid hook for convenience.
- Dampers to help control the temperature.
The PK Original Outdoor is an outdoor use only grill and smoker in one that gives you the option of a fast and hot grill, or a slow and low heat, which is ideal for cooking any type of steak.
- Charcoal grill and smoker in one with four vents to control temperature and cooking speed.
- Rustproof, durable and lightweight cast Aluminium construction.
- Portable with wheels and casters.
- There are 3300 square inches of cooking space available.
The Kingsford Outdoor Kettle grill is yet another versatile and highly portable grill that you can take anywhere to cook the perfect steak.
- A large cooking grate and durable porcelain coating.
- Included are a warming rack and bottom rack for storage.
- It comes with wheels for easy transportation.
- There are air vents that help to control the temperature.
A very tough restaurant-grade Grill that uses Gas as fuel and is ideal for both indoor or outdoor use. This grill will give you restaurant quality steaks in your own home.
- Very easy to assemble and use with a quick ignition button.
- An easily removable and washable griddle top.
- Four independent burners with temperature control settings.
- Industrial strength caster wheels for portability.
- You have the option of choosing a model with or without side shelves.
- This Infrared grill reaches an incredible 1500F in temperature.
- It includes 6-notches in the grill rack to allow you to choose the grate’s proximity to the heat source.
- It allows you to connect any 3/8 inches flare hose to a big propane tank.
- The grill comes with a covering for the front panel to keep it clean when in storage.
- This 1800W OptiGrill automatically cooks food based on thickness of the food item as well as the program selected.
- It offers nine auto cooking programs, including Burger, Poultry, Sandwich, Sausage, Red Meat, Fish, Pork, Bacon, and Shellfish.
- The grill comes with a thermoplastic handle with an ergonomic control panel.
- It features a preheating and ready light indicator for convenience.
- This is a 2-in-1 Infrared Grill System with a easy push start ignition that starts a fire in a second.
- It can be used to make all types of food, including burgers, fish, pizza, and more.
- The pizza stone in this Dutton Infrared grill is 11 inches in size.
- It reaches up to 1500F in temperature and is dishwasher-friendly.
- This grill reaches up to 450 degrees and comes with an additional adjustable temperature dial to grill at lower heat for optimal results.
- It offers 118 Sq. Inches of grilling surface and is equipped with a hood for indoor cooking.
- The grill features a convenience looking window in the lid that allows you to watch food while cooking.
- It also includes an extra-large drip tray that is removable and dishwasher safe.
Index Table: Top Rated Grill For Steaks
|1||Cuisinart Kettle Grill - Grill For Steaks||Cuisinart||97.1|
|2||PK Grills PK-360 - Grill For Steaks||PK Grills||98|
|3||Weber Original - Kettle Grill For Steaks||Weber||99|
|4||PK Grills Original Outdoor - Outdoor Grill For Steaks||PK Grills||98|
|5||Kingsford Outdoor - Kettle Grill For Steaks||Kingsford||97|
|6||Blackstone 1554-Station - Gas Grill For Steaks||Blackstone||98|
|7||GASPRO Quick Cooking - Infrared Steak Grill||GASPRO||97.6|
|8||T-fal Store OptiGrill - Indoor Electric Grill||T-fal Store||97.1|
|9||GYBER Dutton 2-in-1 - Propane Infrared Grill||GYBER||96.7|
|10||Hamilton Beach Indoor - Electric Searing Grill||Hamilton Beach||96.2|
Table of Contents
- Best Grill Types for Cooking Steaks
- Getting the Right Steak For The Grill
- Features of a Good Grill For Steaks
- Reviews: The Best Grill For Steaks
- Cuisinart® Kettle Grill Grill For Steaks
- PK Grills® PK-360 Grill For Steaks
- Weber® Original Kettle Grill For Steaks
- PK Grills® Original Outdoor Outdoor Grill For Steaks
- Kingsford® Outdoor Kettle Grill For Steaks
- Blackstone® 1554-Station Gas Grill For Steaks
- GASPRO® Quick Cooking Infrared Steak Grill
- T-fal Store® OptiGrill Indoor Electric Grill
- GYBER® Dutton 2-in-1 Propane Infrared Grill
- Hamilton Beach® Indoor Electric Searing Grill
- Index Table: Top Rated Grill For Steaks