For many individuals, the Infrared grill is considered the perfect solution for grilling today. They do not cook your food through convection and use radiant infrared energy that generates high heat fast.
Table of Contents
- The Infrared Grill and How it Works
- The Benefits of an Infrared Grill
- Features of a Good Infrared Grill
- How We Test and Score Infrared Grills
- Reviews: The Best Infrared Grill
- Char-Broil® Signature TRU-Infrared Gas Grill
- Char-Broil® Performance TRU Infrared Grill
- Napoleon® Prestige Infrared Gas Grill
- Simple Living® Advanced Smokeless Infrared Grill
- Char-Broil® Signature TRU Infrared Grill
- Solaire® SOL-EV17A Travel Size Infrared Grill
- Napoleon® Prestige Grill with Infrared Burners
- Index Table: Top Rated Infrared Grills
The Infrared Grill and How it Works
Very few meals are more difficult t replicate than a perfectly cooked steak, particularly when it comes to the juicy and succulent tenderloin steak. Although it may seem so easy to season a piece of meat and place it on heating for a few minutes on each side, most consumer grills lack one important factor: emitting intense heat that cooks within minutes, which is the case of the Infrared grill.
Infrared Grills or Burners have become the outdoor Microwave for cooking. The Infrared Grill uses a burner that emits 100% infrared energy; the burner is encased under multiple layers of stainless steel emitters that stop airflow and produce manly radiant heat.
So Why Infrared, You ask?
The most basic and important fact about Infrared grills is that they can generate much higher temperatures than any other grill and heat up much faster. On the other hand, Infrared cooking can be very powerful, and while most thicker cuts of meats can hold up to the intense heat, cooking fish and vegetables is not quite recommended on this type of grill.
The Benefits of an Infrared Grill
- Electrical or Gas Options – The Infrared Grill or Burner is available in either a gas-fueled or electrically operated option.
- Faster Cooking – The Infrared grill attains a very high heat speed and can cook your food in minutes.
- Fuel Efficient – Just like an electric indoor grill, an infrared grill heats up and cooks much faster, less fuel and electricity are used, which is more cost-effective.
- Better Heat distribution – The Infrared Grill distributes heat evenly and keeps an even temperature with fewer flare-ups and no cold or hot spots.
- Tasty Food – Infrared heat penetrates the moisture barrier and cooks food directly, so there is much less moisture loss and food keeps its full flavor.
- Temperature Settings – The Infrared Grill allows you to set the desired temperature and maintain this temperature. Moreover, we recommend these George foreman grills as they offer temperature controls that allow you to adjust and set temperatures.
- Cleaning – The Infrared Grill is much easier to clean and maintain than most other grill types.
Features of a Good Infrared Grill
- Easy Ignition with electrical Push Button.
- Cast-iron Porcelain-enameled Grates.
- Good temperature control.
- Heat reflectors.
How We Test and Score Infrared Grills
These reviews are based on intense research, analysis, and feedback from our experts and real users from different digital platforms.
We spent 19 hours trying, testing, and scoring these Infrared Grills for different key parameters and then shortlisted the best products in the market, saving you time and effort.
We used the following parameters for our tests and analysis.
- Preheating – We observed whether preheating can help remove residues from prior use.
- Accessibility – We assessed how easy to use the functionality of the grill was.
- Reduce Flare-ups – We researched how effectively the grill reduced flare-ups while cooking for safety purposes.
- Durability – We researched how long users can use these grills without any reported changes in their quality or design.
- Non-Stick – We checked how non-sticky the grill was, which made cooking and cleaning much easier.
Reviews: The Best Infrared Grill
Here are some of our favorite picks in Infrared grills;
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
The Char-Broil is an indoor design Infrared grill that is small and compact, easily portable, and has a completely smoke-free design.
- Indoor Infrared grill that can cook anything in minutes.
- Special reflectors that guide heat.
- Non-Stick Grates and grill area, perfect for any grilling item.
- Easy setup and very easy to clean and maintain.
A Family-sized Infrared grill from Char-Broil is one of the most popular names for Grills. The Performance Infrared design has three burners and a 450-inch large grate for cooking.
- Durable stainless steel finish that won’t rust and will stay very long.
- A TRU-Infrared cooking system that prevents flare-ups and distributes heat evenly.
- Large 450 square inch cooking area, ideal for party or picnic.
- A reliable and easy-to-use push-start ignition button.
The Napoleon comes with wheels for portability and side panels for food preparation.
- Compact 240 square inch cooking space and an 80-inch warming rack.
- It uses a TRU-Infrared electrical cooking method for fewer flare-ups and even cooking.
- A Porcelain-coated cast iron premium, rust-resistant cooking grate.
- Foldable side shelves for food prepping and a storage rack.
- Easy to use temperature control knobs.
A Smokeless indoor Infrared grill from Simple living will sit neatly on any countertop.
- Completely smokeless cooking using Infrared technology.
- Special reflectors guide the heat towards the grid for even cooking.
- Fewer flare-ups and smoke.
- Ideal for indoor cooking.
- Keeps a constant and controlled temperature.
The Char-Broil Signature Design is a Propane Gas-operated and Infrared grill that comes fully equipped with side panels for food preparation, wheels for portability, and a storage cabinet.
- A 325 square inch cooking area with porcelain-coated cast-iron grates.
- An additional swing-away warming rack.
- Surefire electrical ignition system, That ensures a reliable spark.
- It can convert into a gas-fuelled and operated grill easily.
The best option is Infrared grills for camping, picnics, and other traveling excursions.
- A real Infrared ceramic and Stainless steel burner uses an electronic push to ignite button.
- Smaller 140 square Inch cooking area on a flavor-enhancing V-Grate.
- Lightweight and compact, ideal for apartments and smaller spaces.
- Portable and great for camping and both indoor and outdoor use.
- This infrared grill features four Stainless Steel main burners that produce 48,000 BTU per hour.
- It also includes Stainless Steel sear plates that provide even heat with their layered positioning.
- The grill offers 500 sq. inches of main cooking space to cater to a big family.
- The Napolean Presitge 500 offers a backchannel between burners to allow them to light off each other for convenience.
Index Table: Top Rated Infrared Grills
|Char-Broil Signature - TRU-Infrared Gas Grill
|Char-Broil Performance - TRU Infrared Grill
|Napoleon Prestige - Infrared Gas Grill
|Simple Living Advanced - Smokeless Infrared Grill
|Char-Broil Signature - TRU Infrared Grill
|Solaire SOL-EV17A - Travel Size Infrared Grill
|Napoleon Prestige - Grill with Infrared Burners