Boating is a fun way of spending time on the water with your friends and family. But after a tiring day of adventure, certainly, you will all feel hungry, and it’s not cool if you’re going to eat cold sandwiches for a snack. This is why it’s essential to have a griller on your boat.
Boating, whether for a fun day out, fishing, or even just site seeing, is one of the best ways to spend your time with family and friends out on the water. But let us face it, you do get hungry out there, and it is not always as appetizing to have to eat snacks and sandwiches. So why not add to the fun and enjoy a barbeque on your boat with some of these superb Boat Grills available.
Table of Contents
- Buyer’s Guide to Marine Grilling
- Safety Tips to Keep in Mind when Grilling on Your Boat
- Features of a Good Boat Grill
- How We Test and Score Boat Grills
- Reviews: The Best Boat Grills
- Cuisinart® Pontoon Boat Grill
- Extreme Marine Products® Modified Pontoon Boat Grill
- Kuuma® Stow Propane or Charcoal Boat Grill
- Magma® Marine Kettle Charcoal Boat Grill
- Arnall’s® Pontoon Boat Grill Bracket Set
- NOMADIQ® Portable Propane Gas Grill
- Weber® Blue Liquid Propane Grill
- Pit Boss Grills® 75275 Stainless Steel Grills
- Bunker Up Fishin® Adjustable Fishing Boat Grill
- Camco® Compact Portable Gas Grill
- Index Table: Top Rated Boat Grills
Buyer’s Guide to Marine Grilling
Here are some great Boat Grill Types that are ideal for Grilling on your boat;
Outdoor grilling is becoming ever more popular, and one of the latest trends is grilling on your boat. Just as you have so many options when it comes to types of grills for indoor and outdoor use, there are also quite a few different grill options for Boat Grilling;
- Charcoal Boat Grill – The Charcoal grill is ideal for a person who enjoys authentic wood or charcoal taste and flavor. Apart from a charcoal grill, a backpacking grill is also an affordable and simplistic grill type that uses charcoal and wood as fuel in some models. Just be careful of the hot ashes and starter fluids on your boat, as these can become a fire hazard.
- Gas Boat Grill – Gas or Propane Grill are among the more popular options for Boat grill, so you will find them more widely available. The Gas or Propane Grill uses Gas or Propane Fluid as a fuel. This type of grill is likewise more advantageous to larger families and groups of people.
- Electrical Boat Grill – If your boat has a consistent source of Ac power from a generator or shore, then you can opt for an electric grill. Unfortunately, not many boats have this option, which is the more expensive option. Most electrical Grills are built onto the boat and are not detachable, such as charcoal and gas grills. However, electrical grills are your safest choice and can be used in areas where Gas and Charcoal grills may be prohibited.
Safety Tips to Keep in Mind when Grilling on Your Boat
One of the most critical aspects of Grilling on your boat is the SAFETY issue; grills on a boat can be quite dangerous, mainly when you are using Gas, Lighter Fluids, and Charcoal, as these can become a fire hazard. Therefore it is always advised to follow the recommended safety tips concerning Grilling on your Boat;
- Read The Manual – Always read the manual first and never assume. The manual will instruct you on the right way of assembly, along with safety and operational procedures and tips.
- Grill Above The Deck in an Open Area – Never try to grill below in the galley or an enclosed area, always make sure you grill in the open where there is ample ventilation.
- Mount The Grill Securely – Most portable and camping Grills are not advised for use on Boats, so instead opt for a mountable or attachable Grill, and make sure it is mounted safely and securely.
- Never Leave The Grill Unnatneded – Keep a method of fire control such as a fire extinguisher near the grill at all times, and always have your eyes on the grill, or have someone else keep an eye when you cannot.
- Use Proper Utensils – Use Long-handled forks and tongs to prevent oils pos and sparks from burning you, and use safe and high-quality grill Utensils.
- Grill Safe Clothes – Wear grill-safe clothes or an apron when grilling and avoid baggy clothes that can catch alight or swimwear, which leaves open areas on your body that can become burnt.
Features of a Good Boat Grill
- It comes with a Mounting Bracket and all the equipment for Mounting included.
- Marine Grade Stainless Steel can be used in saltwater is your best option, otherwise stainless steel.
- Lightweight and practical design.
- Good Wind protection design.
- Easily able to adapt to on-board LPG or CNG systems.
- Gas, propane, Liquid, charcoal, or Electrical operated choices.
- Easy to use drip tray included.
- Large grill surface area.
How We Test and Score Boat Grills
These reviews are based on intense research, analysis, and feedback from our experts and real users from different digital platforms.
We spent 35 hours trying, testing, and scoring these Boat Grills, for different key parameters and then shortlisted the best products in the market, saving you time and effort.
We used the following parameters for our tests and analysis.
- Weather Resistant – We analyzed how effectively the grill material withstands damages from weather like sun, wind, and rain.
- Grilling Surface – We compared whether the size of the grill’s surface is just suitable for its purpose.
- Brackets – We checked how strong the bracket can hold the grill.
- Drip Tray – We analyzed how effectively the tray collects the flavorful juices that come off the meat for use in a sauce or stock.
- Accessibility – We assessed how easy to use the functionality of the grill was.
Reviews: The Best Boat Grills
Below we have listed some of the best of the best brands and models of Boat Grill that are available today;
We hope you love the socks we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Cuisinart is a popular name in high-quality grills; this is their Boat model for Pontoon boats in stainless steel.
- It comes in a grill bracket set which is durable and will not scratch or mark your railing.
- It takes only less than an hour to install this amazing boat grill.
- It is made from marine stainless steel that is resistant to saltwater.
- It offers a wide surface so that you can grill various food items.
- No tools are required for installation.
The Extreme Marine Boat grill is your best option when looking for a grill for seawater boating.
- It can easily mount to an open square Pontoon-style boat railing, and the brackets come pre-installed as well.
- The locking lid helps the grill with heat retention and protects it from weather conditions.
- A petit grill that is designed for small families and groups occasions.
- Made from Marine stainless steel, safe for outdoor activities.
- Choose between a Charcoal for Propane gas grill option in this model.
- Uses standard disposable fuel bottles for the propane gas option.
- Made from 100% stainless steel for rustproof durability.
- Aside from the boating, this Kuuma tabletop grill is perfect for camping and picnics as well.
- The grease tray is removable and takes only 2 to 3 minutes to clean up.
- No assembly is required.
From Magma Products, we have the Marine Stainless Steel Charcoal kettle grill, an old trusted favorite.
- Mirror-polished stainless steel that is resistant to saltwater.
- A Perfectly balanced hinged lid that will not slam shut.
- The grill height is fully adjustable, and there is a variable draft door assembly for temperature control.
- A lower charcoal grate and a sealed ash compartment.
- You will need grill mounting hardware for installation.
Already have the grill and only need the brackets, well then why not try the Arnall’s Grill Bracket Set, which is designed for most grill types and, most favorably, your Coleman Grills.
- Works with Coleman products and includes drip tray and hardware required.
- You will need an open fence design railing on your boat for attachment the Universal Arnall’s design opts for Closed Fence designs.
- It is made from marine Stainless steel for durability and rust resistance in slat water.
- This is a Grill Bracket Set for Coleman and Arnall’s grill designs.
- This portable gas grill is lightweight and perfect for camping and small homes.
- It features a 226 Sq—inches cooking area, with even heat distribution for efficient cooking.
- The Propane gas grill comes with removable grates and is dishwasher safe and rust-resistant.
- It comes with two separate grilling sides, each providing almost 5,000 BTUs for proper grilling.
- This is a stainless steel burner producing 8500 BTU per hour.
- It delivers a cooking area of 189 Sq. Inches.
- The grill features porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates, along with a cast aluminum lid and body.
- It allows for easy ignition with a press-button and infinite control burner valve settings.
- This is a Stainless Steel grill with a sturdy lid and grid construction.
- It offers two 10,000 BTU burners that deliver the perfect amount of heat for grilling and searing.
- The portable design features folding legs and a latching hood for easy carry.
- It comes equipped with a push and turn ignition and dome thermometer.
A solid Stainless Steel propane gas grill from Bunker up is fully adjustable and mountable to your boat.
- It is made from very durable and rust-resistant solid stainless steel.
- A 360-degree adjustable bracket that can also move up and down.
- The bracket is detachable to use the grill on the surface.
- Come with an Electrical start and a mini propane attachment, thermostat, and an adjustable mount.
- This grill comes with premium quality Stainless Steel constructed in a compact and portable design.
- It offers 125 sq—inches of grilling surface, offering a 9000 BTU burner.
- The grill comes equipped with a push-button igniter for convenience.
- It also includes a temperature gauge and a heavy-duty weather-resistant Polyester storage bag.
Index Table: Top Rated Boat Grills
|Cuisinart Pontoon - Boat Grill
|Extreme Marine Products Modified Pontoon - Boat Grill
|Extreme Marine Products
|Kuuma Stow - Propane or Charcoal Boat Grill
|Magma Marine - Kettle Charcoal Boat Grill
|Arnall’s Pontoon - Boat Grill Bracket Set
|NOMADIQ Portable - Propane Gas Grill
|Weber Blue - Liquid Propane Grill
|Pit Boss Grills 75275 - Stainless Steel Grills
|Pit Boss Grills
|Bunker Up Fishin Adjustable - Fishing Boat Grill
|Bunker Up Fishin
|Camco Compact - Portable Gas Grill