Grilling is a simple and easy procedure if you have the right tools and equipment for the job, but in most cases, it also requires some space and a sizeable work area, depending on the number of people you are entertaining.
In this article, we will cover the best grills for an apartment because when you live in an apartment, grilling can become quite tricky, and there are usually some laws and regulations regarding this.
How You can Grill When Living in an Apartment
You can grill on the balcony of your apartment, using any type of grill, though I would recommend and electrical or Gas grill that does not make too much smoke. Some Apartment buildings, however, come with either a small courtyard per apartment or even an allocated public Barbeque area that you can use. So all in all, the grilling method that you will use will depend on the type of Partment you live in and the facilities that it offers.
You can use an outdoor Charcoal grill easily if you have a courtyard or public grill area, though if you are grilling indoors or on an apartment balcony, I would recommend a smaller Electrical or Gas grill.
There are also many other factors to consider when grilling in your apartment area;
- Apartment BBQ and Grilling Laws – Many countries have laws that outlaw grilling in apartment buildings because it creates a fire hazard. So you will need to make sure about the specific laws in the area that you stay.
- Balcony Grill – Grilling on your Balcony or in your apartment courtyard will be your best option, though you will need to consult the management of the building first before attempting a BBQ.
- Open Flame Grilling – In most apartment Buildings, Open Flame grilling is prohibited, so you will need a grill that does not have open flames. Here I would recommend an Electrical grill type.
- Charcoal Grill – The Charcoal grill is best used in an outdoor patio or public BBQ area in your apartment Building area, as it is also considered an open-flame grill.
Types of Grills For Your Apartment
For the most part, you will need a smaller and more compact style grill as space limitation is usually the main issue when living in an apartment. Besides this, here are a few types of grills that you can consider, after confirming the laws and related rules and regulations for BBQs at your apartment building.
- Electrical Grill – The Electrical grill is your best option as an indoor grill and will work well inside the apartment or on your balcony or enclosed patio. There are many sizes available in the electric grill, so depending on the space you have available, you can choose on that is right for yours. The electrical grill is fast easy to use, just plug it in, and can be placed on any secure surface top.
- Gas Propane/LPG or Natural Gas Grill – A more costly option, which is fueled with gas, LPG, propane, or natural gas that is virtually smoke-free. This is a good idea for indoor and outdoor use for apartments.
- Charcoal Grill – The Charcoal Grill is by far the most authentic and will give your foods the best flavor. Though the Charcoal grill does emit plenty of smoke and is classified as an open flame grill, so it is only for use outdoors, if the laws and rules permit it. This type of grill is available in many shapes and sizes that will fit your budget and the space you have available.
Features of a Good Grill For Apartments
- Stainless steel or steel coated Grate.
- Rustproof aluminum or porcelain-coated design.
- Portable and compact size.
- With or without wheels.
- Infrared or Gas indoor option.
- Charcoal Outdoor option.
- Easy cleaning system.
- Temperature control.
Reviews: The Best Grill For Apartments
Here are some of the Top Choices for Grills to use in an apartment Building
Weber is one of the most popular Grill names on the market today. I have chosen their classic design for outdoor use in apartment buildings that have outdoor BBQ facilities.
- Large grate area.
- A one-touch easy cleaning system.
- Porcelein enameled lid and bowl, That is durable and rustproof.
- A handy lid hook for hanging the lid when not in use.
- Durable plated steel cooking grid.
The Solaire is a portable Infrared and Gas operated Grill for indoor and outdoor apartment use.
- An Infrared ceramic and stainless steel burner with electronic ignition button.
- Compact in size with 140 inches of cooking space.
- Lightweight and portable, ideal for small apartments.
- No flare-ups and a flavor-enhancing V-Grate
The Simple Living advanced Indoor Smokeless BBQ grill is perfect for indoor apartment use and is powered with Infrared smokeless technology.
- Powered using infrared technology.
- Small in size and fits perfectly on any countertop in small apartments.
- Heats up quickly and maintains a constant temperature.
- Completely smokeless for indoor use.
- A Grill and smoker in one, That uses charcoal as fuel.
- Cast aluminum construction that is lightweight, durable, and rustproof.
- Portable design with wheels and a stand.
- There are 300 square inches of cooking space.
Superb for entertaining friends or for larger families, this is the ideal indoor and outdoor Grill for larger apartments or cluster homes.
A great entertainer for both indoors and outdoors, the Char-Broil 300 is your best bet for family and entertainment Grilling.
- A two-burner system and 24 000-BTU Gas unit.
- There are 300 square inches of primary cooking area, and the grates are coated with porcelain to be rustproof.
- Stainless steel lid and UFC, For durability and appeal.
- Fast electronic ignition and metal side shelves for food preparation that can be folded away easily.
- Also features a convenient storage cabinet.
The Char-Broil Bistro is an all in one Grill cooker that is perfect for outdoor use or on your balcony.
- Features 240 square inches of cooking space with an additional 80-inch warming rack.
- Uses Electrical TRU-Infrared technology to cook for fewer flare-ups and no smoke.
- There are folding side shelves for storage and food preparation.
- Easy to use temperature control knobs and an additional storage rack.
- This Grill is available in a red, black, or Graphite color option.
Index Table: Top Rated Grill For Apartmentss
|1||Weber Original - Outdoor Apartment Charcoal Kettle Grill||Weber||99|
|2||Solaire SOL-EV17A - Apartment Patio or Balcony Infrared Grill||Solaire||97|
|3||Simple Living Advanced - Smokeless Infrared Grill for Indoor Apartment Use||Simple Living||97|
|4||PK Grills Original Outdoor - Apartment Outdoor Grill||PK Grills||98|
|5||Char Broil Performance 300 - Apartment Patio or Balcony Gas and Charcoal Grill||Char Broil||96|
|6||Char-Broil Patio Bistro - Outdoor and Balcony Grill for Apartments||Char-Broil||98|
Table of Contents
- How You can Grill When Living in an Apartment
- Types of Grills For Your Apartment
- Features of a Good Grill For Apartments
- Reviews: The Best Grill For Apartments
- Weber® Original Outdoor Apartment Charcoal Kettle Grill
- Solaire® SOL-EV17A Apartment Patio or Balcony Infrared Grill
- Simple Living® Advanced Smokeless Infrared Grill for Indoor Apartment Use
- PK Grills® Original Outdoor Apartment Outdoor Grill
- Char Broil® Performance 300 Apartment Patio or Balcony Gas and Charcoal Grill
- Char-Broil® Patio Bistro Outdoor and Balcony Grill for Apartments
- Index Table: Top Rated Grill For Apartmentss