Grilling is a simple and easy procedure if you have the right tools and equipment for the job, but in most cases, it also requires some space and a sizeable work area, depending on the number of people you are entertaining.
This article will cover the best grills for an apartment because grilling can become quite tricky when you live in an apartment. There are usually some laws and regulations regarding this.
How You can Grill When Living in an Apartment
You can grill on the balcony of your apartment using any grill, though I would recommend an electrical or Gas grill that does not make too much smoke. However, some Apartment buildings come with either a small courtyard per apartment or even an allocated public Barbeque area that you can use. So all in all, the grilling method that you will use will depend on the type of Partment you live in and the facilities that it offers.
You can easily use an outdoor Charcoal grill if you have a courtyard or public grill area. However, if you are grilling indoors or on an apartment balcony, I recommend a smaller Electrical or Gas grill.
There are also many other factors to consider when grilling in your apartment area;
- Apartment BBQ and Grilling Laws – Many countries have laws that outlaw grilling in apartment buildings because it creates a fire hazard. So you will need to make sure about the specific laws in the area that you stay.
- Balcony Grill – Grilling on your Balcony or in your apartment courtyard using a fire pit grill top will be your best option, though you will need to consult the management of the building first before attempting a BBQ.
- Open Flame Grilling – In most apartment Buildings, Open Flame grilling is prohibited, so you will need a grill that does not have open flames. Here I would recommend an Electrical grill type.
- Charcoal Grill – The Charcoal grill is best used in an outdoor patio or public BBQ area in your apartment Building area, as it is also considered an open-flame grill.
Types of Grills For Your Apartment
For the most part, you will need a smaller and more compact style grill as space limitation is usually the main issue when living in an apartment. Besides this, here are a few types of grills that you can consider after confirming the laws and related rules and regulations for BBQs at your apartment building.
- Electrical Grill – The Electrical grill is your best option as an indoor grill and will work well inside the apartment or on your balcony or enclosed patio. There are many sizes available in the electric grill, so depending on the space you have available, you can choose what is right for you. The electrical grill is fast, easy to use, plugin, and placed on any secure surface top.
- Gas Propane/LPG or Natural Gas Grill – A more costly option, which is fueled with gas, LPG, propane, or natural gas that is virtually smoke-free. This is a good idea for indoor and outdoor use for apartments.
- Charcoal Grill – The Charcoal Grill is by far the most authentic and will give your foods the best flavor. Though the Charcoal grill does emit plenty of smoke and is classified as an open flame grill, it is only for use outdoors if the laws and rules permit it. This type of grill is available in many shapes and sizes that will fit your budget and the space you have available.
Features of a Good Grill For Apartments
- Stainless steel or steel coated Grate.
- Rustproof aluminum or porcelain-coated design.
- Portable and compact size.
- With or without wheels.
- Infrared or Gas indoor option.
- Charcoal Outdoor option.
- Easy cleaning system.
- Temperature control.
Reviews: The Best Grill For Apartments
Here are some of the Top Choices for Grills to use in an apartment Building.
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Weber is one of the most popular Grill names on the market today. I have chosen their classic design for outdoor use in apartment buildings with outdoor BBQ facilities.
- A nonstick cooking area that offers a spacious space for various food items.
- The grill is highly adjustable and easy to control heat levels with the upper and lower vent.
- This item provides a removable ash catcher that gives you hassle-free cleanup.
- Porcelain-enameled lid and bowl that is durable and rust-resistant.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
The Solaire is a portable Infrared and Gas operated Grill for indoor and outdoor apartment use.
- An Infrared ceramic and stainless steel burner with an electronic ignition button for easy use.
- Compact in size with 140 inches of cooking area giving you ample space for grilling.
- Lightweight and portable, ideal for family and friend’s occasions.
- The Solaire grill heats up very fast, and ready to use in just 2 to 3 minutes.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
The Simple Living advanced Indoor Smokeless BBQ grill is perfect for indoor apartment use and is powered with Infrared smokeless technology.
- It is nonstick, and it won’t dry the meat, tasty flavor while remaining tender and moisture.
- It has a consistent temperature that cooks evenly around the entire grill surface.
- Small in size and fits perfectly on any countertop in small apartments.
- It is perfect to use anytime with your family and friend while having quality time together.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
The PK Original is an outdoor grill that uses charcoal as fuel. This grill is ideal for apartment buildings with an outdoor BBQ facility that allows for open flame grills.
- A Grill and smoker in one, That uses charcoal as fuel.
- Cast aluminum construction that is lightweight, durable, and rustproof.
- Portable design with wheels and a stand.
- There are 300 square inches of cooking space.
Superb for entertaining friends or larger family, ideal indoor and outdoor Grill for larger apartments or cluster homes.
A great entertainer for both indoors and outdoors, the Char-Broil 300 is your best bet for family and entertainment Grilling.
- A two-burner system and 24 000-BTU Gas unit.
- There are 300 square inches of primary cooking area, and the grates are coated with porcelain to be rustproof.
- Stainless steel lid and UFC, For durability and appeal.
- Fast electronic ignition and metal side shelves for food preparation can be folded away easily.
- It Also features a convenient storage cabinet.
The Char-Broil Bistro is an all-in-one Grill cooker that is perfect for outdoor use or on your balcony.
- Features 240 square inches of cooking space with an additional 80-inch warming rack.
- Uses Electrical TRU-Infrared technology to cook for fewer flare-ups and no smoke.
- There are folding side shelves for storage and food preparation.
- Easy to use temperature control knobs and an additional storage rack.
- This Grill is available in a red, black, or Graphite color option.
- An electric grill by George Foreman for apartments indoor use without making any smoke.
- You can make 15 servings at one time on the 240 square inches of its grilling surface.
- It comes with a temperature probe so you can choose from 5 heat settings to cater to all types of foods.
- Durable non-stick grilling plate, easy to clean, and eliminates the need for butter and oil.
- This searing grill by Hamilton Beach allows you to grill all year long, both indoor and outdoor.
- It allows you to sear at 450 degrees or use the adjustable temperature dial to grill at a lower heat for best results.
- The grill hood can be closed for signature grill marks and opened for high searing.
- You can cook up to 6 servings at one time on a grilling surface of 118 square inches.
- It comes with a Smart Cook System for multi-style cooking.
- The indoor countertop grill and air fryer allow you to sear, sizzle, and crisp all types of good.
- The 500F cyclonic grilling technology, combined with a 500F grill grate gives char-grilled marks and flavor.
- It offers 4 smart protein settings, 9 customizable doneness levels, and a smart thermometer for perfect cooking.
- This is a high-quality electric grill designed for convenience without the hassle of gas and charcoal.
- Since it runs on electricity, it is apartment-safe and doesn’t create much smoke.
- The Char-Broil grill offers Tru-Infrared cooking technology to prevent flare-ups and delivers even heat throughout.
- It features an integrated control knob to adjust temperatures easily for customized cooking.
- The double Porcelain-coated grate is rust-resistant and easy-to-clean.
Index Table: Top Rated Grill For Apartmentss
Table of Contents
- How You can Grill When Living in an Apartment
- Types of Grills For Your Apartment
- Features of a Good Grill For Apartments
- Reviews: The Best Grill For Apartments
- Weber® Original Outdoor Apartment Charcoal Kettle Grill
- Solaire® SOL-EV17A Apartment Patio or Balcony Infrared Grill
- Simple Living® Advanced Smokeless Infrared Grill for Indoor Apartment Use
- PK Grills® Original Outdoor Apartment Outdoor Grill
- Char Broil® Performance 300 Apartment Patio or Balcony Gas and Charcoal Grill
- Char-Broil® Patio Bistro Outdoor and Balcony Grill for Apartments
- George Foreman® Indoor Electric Grill
- Hamilton Beach® Electric Indoor Searing Grill
- Ninja® Smart XL Indoor Grill
- Char-Broil® 20602109 Electric Grill
- Index Table: Top Rated Grill For Apartmentss