The kettle Grill has a design making it one of the most versatile and sought Grills today, as they can be used for so much more than just regular grilling.
If you know how your Kettle grill can be used to BBQ, Grill, Smoker, or even cook like an oven.
The Kettle Grill and How to Use It
Most individuals who own a kettle grill will tell you that they would never go back to any other type of grill, and rightfully so. The kettle grill can give you that perfect weekend barbecue with foods rich in smokey flavor. You can slow cook a chicken, smoke, or even bake in your Kettel grill.
Below are some steps on how to use your Charcoal Kettle grill correctly and easily;
- Step 1 Fuelling – Remove the food rack or grill grate from your Kettle Grill. Cover the Bottom area of the grill with your Charcoal and place a few more on top. You can use firelighters or squirt some lighter fluid on the briquettes, being careful not to soak them.
- Step 2 Lighting – Make sure to stand backspace from your grill for safety reasons before you light it. Light a match or use a proper long tube fire lighter to light your grill from a distance. Likewise, ensure your hands are entirely free from any lighter fluids. The lighter fluid will ignite and flash first and then die down a bit after a while. This is why you need to keep your distance.
- Step 3 Heating – Leave the charcoal to burn slowly for a while until it starts to show a film of white ash on the outside; you can close the lid if there are too many flames to dampen them. When you see the white ash film outside, this means the heat is just about right for the meat or foods.
- Step 4 Prepare the Rack – Prepare your grill rack or grid by spraying it with a non-stick spray; this is if it has been clean; otherwise, you will need to brush it down first. Place the rack back on the grill and allow it to heat up first.
- Step 5 Food Placement Place your meats and foods on the grill making sure to place items that cook the slowest on first and other items last. Fatty foods may cause flames to flare up; for this, sprinkle on a few droplets of water to contain the flames. Make sure to move around your food and turn regularly.
- Step 6 Roasting – To roast your foods, you can place them on an open roasting pan with a bit of liquid in the bottom. Close your Kettle Grill’s lid and allow 03 minutes of cooking before checking. You can even use a thermometer to ensure the heat is retained evenly. Add charcoal if you need some extra heat.
- Step 7 skewers – If you want to use skewers, you can place them directly on the grill; make sure to wet the wooden skewers in water first before use. Turn your skewers regularly to prevent burning and for even cooking.
- Step 8 Keeping The Heat Going – As charcoal may burn out quite fast depending on what type you use, you may need to refill. When it starts looking like the fire is going out, you can add some more charcoal briquettes on top of the ashes; they will ignite from those below them.
Kettle Grill Types and Their Features
Charcoal – This kettle Grill uses Charcoal as a fuel piled on in the bottom tray under the grill rack. This type of Grill is better for outdoor use and gives your foods a more authentic smokey flavor.
Electric – the Electrical Kettle grill is plugged into an outlet which heats the elements. This type of Kettle Grill is portable and great for indoor use as it is smokeless.
Gas – The Gas Operated kettle grill uses gas from large gas cylinders to operate burners to heat the grill. Also ideal for both indoor and outdoor use.
Liquid Propane – Liquid propane turns into propane gas which works with the same concept as natural gas-operated Kettle Grills using burners as a source of heat.
Features of a Good Kettle Grill
- Charcoal, Propane Gas, or natural gas-fuelled or electrically operated.
- Additional features such as shelving or work surface area.
- Rust and weatherproof.
- Stainless steel grill area.
- Different size options.
- Portable in some models
Reviews: The Best Kettle Grills
Here are the most popular and best-rated Kettle Grills;
I kick off with the Weber Original, as to be honest, there is just no other kettle Grill quite like a Weber kettle grill, which is a favorite and not my last Weber model for this list.
- It can hold up to 13 burgers with a Weber burger press design.
- An easy one-touch cleaning system for hassle-free ash clean up.
- The lid is porcelain-enameled, and the bowl will retain heat.
- Rust and weatherproof design.
- A lid hook to hang the lid on.
- Dampers allow you to control the interior temperatures.
- A very durable steel plated cooking grate that is easy to clean and retains heat.
- A stainless steel burner 8500 BTU Kettle grill with a 189-inch cooking area.
- It is operated and fuelled with Liquid Propane.
- Comfortable indoor and outdoor design.
- Push-button ignition and an infinite burner valve setting option.
- Comes fully assembled out of the box.
- Large family sided Kettle Grill with a 397 square inch grid.
- Premium quality Charcoal fueled Kettle grill made with thick porcelain enameled material in the bowl and a heavy-duty steel-plated cooking grate.
- Very easy and convenient to use with a hinge connected bowl and lid.
- Excellent heat control and heavy-duty construction.
- Large 354 square inch cooking area.
- Porcelain-coated for durability and heat-retaining capabilities.
- It comes with a warming rack included.
- There is an extra bottom rack for storage, and it has wheels for easy transportation.
- The air vents allow better temperature control.
The perfect outdoor charcoal Kettle Grill from Kingsford with a warming rack and extra storage rack.
- Electrical heating Kettel grill ideal for indoor use and completely smoke-free.
- It comes fully assembled out of the box.
- It has a 6 foot grounded electrical cord.
- Infinite control burner vlave settings.
- This is a CCG-290 Kettle Charcoal Grill designed by Cuisinart.
- It features a 150 square inch Chrome-plated cooking rack that provides a spacious cooking area.
- The grill comes with a hinged section that flips up and allows for easy access to the charcoal area.
- It also includes a dual venting system that gives you ultimate control over temperature and airflow.
- This is a Outdoor Charcoal Grill designed by SMART EGG.
- It comes with a thermometer on the lid to observe and control internal temperature changes at all times.
- The grill includes 2 moveable wheels to allow you to move the grill with convenience.
- It features a porcelain-enameled lid and bowl with high-temperature resistance.
The Pizza Craft deluxe is a two-in-one functional Kettle Grill and Pizza Oven conversion kit that achieves high temperatures and gives off a delightful smokey flavor.
- Perfect Pizza Oven and grill in one.
- It achieves very high temperatures and gives food s a rich smokey flavor.
- It can cooks a pizza in 3-5 minutes.
- The kit includes a stainless steel kettle converter and a built-in thermometer and a 13-inch wide folding aluminum pizza peel, a charcoal fence, and a flex door with hooks.
- Fits easily on to any Weber or Home-depot master Forge Kettle grills.
- Large entertaining and family-sized kettle grill.
- Highly effective radiant heat plate distribution system and convection heating technology.
- The hinged lid will not slam shut.
- Gas operated, for indoor and outdoor use.
- An easy to clean combination grease pan and wind baffle.
- This is a Combination Marine Kettle for Stoves and Gas Grills designed by Magma.
- It features a unique design that utilizes radiant and convection cooking that provides the hottest temperature with the least amount of fuel.
- The kettle features a perfectly balanced hinged lid, with an 18-9 Stainless Steel handle with air-cool support.
- It also includes a swiveling, windproof turbo venturi tube, and control valve that eliminates blowouts.
Index Table: Top Rated Kettle Grills
|1||Weber Original - Charcoal Kettle Grill||Weber||98.8|
|2||Weber Q1000 - Liquid Propane Kettle Grill||Weber||98.7|
|3||BEAU JARDIN Portable - Charcoal Kettle Grill||BEAU JARDIN||97|
|4||Kingsford OGD2001901-KF - Outdoor Kettle Grill||Kingsford||97|
|5||Weber Electric - Electric Kettle Grill||Weber||98|
|6||Cuisinart CCG-290 - Kettle Charcoal Grill||Cuisinart||97.1|
|7||SMART EGG Outdoor - Charcoal Grill||SMART EGG||96.5|
|8||Pizzacraft PC7001 - Pizza Oven and Kettle Grill Conversion Kit||Pizzacraft||98|
|9||Marine 17 - Gas Kettle Grill||Marine||98|
|10||Magma Combination - Marine Kettle||Magma||97.6|
Table of Contents
- The Kettle Grill and How to Use It
- Kettle Grill Types and Their Features
- Features of a Good Kettle Grill
- Reviews: The Best Kettle Grills
- Weber® Original Charcoal Kettle Grill
- Weber® Q1000 Liquid Propane Kettle Grill
- BEAU JARDIN® Portable Charcoal Kettle Grill
- Kingsford® OGD2001901-KF Outdoor Kettle Grill
- Weber® Electric Electric Kettle Grill
- Cuisinart® CCG-290 Kettle Charcoal Grill
- SMART EGG® Outdoor Charcoal Grill
- Pizzacraft® PC7001 Pizza Oven and Kettle Grill Conversion Kit
- Marine® 17 Gas Kettle Grill
- Magma® Combination Marine Kettle
- Index Table: Top Rated Kettle Grills