Today, one of the most popular electric Grills is the George Foreman Grill, with its unique design and fat reducing technology.
Whether you want to start eating healthier or enjoy a delicious grilled steak, the indoor electric grill is one of the best investments you can make, not to mention all its other versatile uses.
When it comes to a good electric grill, there is only one name that stands out from all the rest, and that is “George Foreman.”
In this article, we will look at some of the Best George Foreman grills available today.
The History Behind the George Foreman Grill
Why is George Foreman so popular? Let’s look a bit into its history.
Michael Boehm created the initial concept of the George Foreman Grill from Illinois. He intended to create an indoor grill that will ensure the unique benefit of cooking both sides at once and reduce the fat content of fatty foods and meats.
Bob Johnson performed the engineering work, and together with Boehm, the idea was pitched a few times before it landed up with George Foreman to test.
Thus the “Lean Mean Fat-Reducing Grilling Machine,” known as the George Foreman Grill, was born.
The George Foreman Grill was introduced in 1994 and promoted with many infomercials featuring George Foreman.
Today, the George Foreman Grill is a popular grill brand that includes many other outdoor and indoor designs.
The George Foreman Grill Concept
Michael Boehm initially creates the George Foreman Grill concept in Illinois to cook and grill food on both sides at once.
A second key benefit is to reduce the gat content of hamburgers and meats and drain it away into a separate reservoir.
Michael Boehm designed the George Foreman grill with a floating hinge si that you can cook more substantial food items, a sloped or slanted surface to drain fats, and a clamshell press design so that you can cook both sides of the food at once.
The George Foreman Grill became well known as “The Lean Mean Fat-Reducing Grilling Machine,” and was introduced in 1994, appearing on many infomercials with the popular George Foreman.
What Makes the George Foreman Grill So Unique
The George Foreman Grill has a few specific and Patented technologies which make it so unique;
- Clamshell Design – The Clamshell top and bottom design simultaneously cook foods at the top and bottom surface, which greatly reduces cooking time and eliminates the need to flip a piece of meat food item over.
- Slope and Drip Tray – The Lower Heating surface has a sloped design that allows hot liquids and fats to drain into a drip tray, which included.
- Size Options – The George Foreman Grill comes in many different size options that have a larger or small cooking surface, as well as a large standing grill with legs.
- Detachable Plates – Some models also have detachable plates so that you can interchange plates for different cooking and grilling methods.
- Electric Grill – The George Foreman is an outdoor and indoor electric grill so there is no need for Gas or Charcoal, only an electrical outlet.
Features of a Good George Foreman Grill
- Types of Grills – As You will see there are general outdoor and indoor electric Grills available, as well as the two sided indoor electric grills and presses.
- Materials – The griddle is a non-Stick coated material, and the rest of the grill is durable plastic and metals.
- Colors – George Foreman grill comes in black, white, grey/silver and red color options.
- Features – Every grill comes with its own unique features. Mostly the griddle has ridges and can be slanted to remove fat. You also get a drip tray with most George Foreman grill designs.
- Electric – George Foreman Grils are operated with electricity, and all come with the required cords and plugs for operation.
Some Unexpected Uses of the George Foreman Grill
Besides just grilling a Steak or Burger, there are so many other uses to the original two-sided George Foreman Grill;
- Pizza – If you Turn the Grill Upside Down and Open It, allow it to pre-heat, and place a small pizza on the griddle, with a fork behind the hinges, you will get a crispy crust delicious pizza.
- Toasted Waffles – You can also easily toast your waffles in your George Foreman Grill.
- Toasted Sandwiches – I personally use my George Foreman to make toasted sandwiches. I have the two serving sizes, which perfectly makes two toasted sandwiches and grills them to perfection.
- Fries – Want to Make Low Fat fries or Chips. Slice potato thinly into rounds and place on your George Foreman grill, Drizzle with olive oil and some salt, and fry them fat-free!
- Fry and Egg – You can easily use your George Foreman as a Griddle. Open it up, and adjust so that it is straight and not slanted. Spray with a Spray and Cook Oil or drizzle with olive oil, pre-heat, and fry your egg.
Reviews: The Best George Foreman Grill Models
Here I have picked some of the top favorites and most sought after ranges and models in George Foreman Grills for your checking;
- The Evolve from George Foreman is a versatile 3 in one grill that y to grill fish, chicken, beef, and vegetables.
- The grill comes with a drip tray and a fat-reducing design.
- There are embedded heating elements with a non-Stick Coated surface and patented slope design.
- The plates are removable and interchangeable.
- Easy temperature control design and a temperature indicator light.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
- The Indoor/Outdoor Grill from George Foreman is a larger electric grill with a stand and can easily be placed indoors and outdoors.
- You can choose between a ceramic or non-stick plate for the grill grates.
- It is a 12 serving larger grill with a 200 square inch cooking surface.
- This grill is apartment-approved and comes with the patented fat reducing slope design and drip tray.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
- The Platinum removable plate press grill from George Foreman is one of their most loved standard designs.
- This option allows you to remove and interchange the plates for your requirements easily.
- You can quickly cook four servings on this small tabletop grill.
- Likewise, a tough non-stick coating on the grill and fat removing slope design with a drip tray.
- You can purchase the grill in either a solid white or solid black color option.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
- The Next Grilleration from George Foreman is one of their latest models.
- It is a handy Electric Grill with small 84 square inch cooking grates and endless cooking options from which you can choose.
- There are five removable grill grates and plates, each allowing you to cook different food.
- The Generous handles on the grill stay cool and allow easy handling.
- This grill is also dishwasher safe.
- From George Foreman, we also have Their Jumbo model and electric countertop grill.
- This grill has a larger 144 square inch cooking space and a non-stick coating with a fat release slope design.
- The Floating hinge design accommodates thicker steaks and sandwiches.\There is also a drip tray for extra fats and a stay-cool handle for easy handling.
- It is a two-serving small grill for George Foreman, the Classic design for two persons.
- Small and compact with the patented slope design and fat tray at the bottom.
- The plates are non-stick and durable, and the grill has to stay cool handles.
- It is their original and first grill, which is still very popular today.
- This is an Electric grill designed by George Foreman and suitable for both indoor and outdoor usage.
- The grill features 240 square inches of circular grilling surface and allows simultaneous cooking of up to 15+ servings.
- It comes with a nonstick layer that makes it durable, easy to clean, and removes the need for butter and oil.
- The grill features a temperature probe that lets you choose from five heat settings for optimum cooking results.
- This is a Classic Plate Grill designed by George Foreman.
- It also works as an electric Panini press, and the sloped grilling surface helps remove up to 42% fat from meat.
- The durable grill plate features 60 square inches of grilling surface that cooks up to 4 servings.
- It is dishwasher-safe for convenience.
- This is a Basic Plate Electric Grill designed by George Foreman.
- It is designed to accommodate 9 servings of food with 144 square inches of cooking space.
- The patented sloped design for healthier cooking, and the drip tray is a dishwasher.
- Its signature heating elements allow for even heat distribution and faster temperature recovery.
- This is a George Foreman Smokeless Grill designed for cooking family-size meals with convenience.
- It gives up to 85% less smoke than normal grills to decrease the smoke caused by sizzling.
- The grill features a unique open plate design to allow the grease to drain into the drip tray, which is dishwasher safe.
- It also includes digital controls for time and temperature for precise cooking.
The George Foreman 15 Serving Grill is an excellent choice for an apartment-approved indoor and outdoor grill and ideal for Tailgating.
- An outdoor standing grill that is large enough for 15 servings.
- The grill has a non-stick coated griddle that is easy to clean.
- There are an adjustable temperature control setting and an included temperature probe with five settings.
- The design is apartment-approved and safe to use.
The Plate Grill and Press design from George Foreman is large enough for five servings and offers you many versatile uses.
- A five-serving tabletop design plate grill for the whole family.
- The plates are removable for easy cleaning.
- There is a premium Ceramic coating on the plates that are non-stick and stain and fade resistant.
- The cool touch plastic grips on the plates make them very easy to handle.
- The set also comes with a plastic drip tray.
- You can use the grill in an upright or slanted position.
The Evolve Grill system has it all in one versatile grill model for all your baking and grilling requirements.
- The evolve is a premium tabletop grill that comes in three color options.
- The evolve four uses: a grill, panini press, baking dish, and muffin pan all in one design.
- The luxury grill has an adjustable cooking angle for sloped grilling or upright cooking.
- The hinges are adjustable and can accommodate thicker food cuts.
- There is a digital control panel where you can set temperatures.
- The grill can make up to five servings and has a spacious cooking area.
- The plates are also removable for easy cleaning.
The George Foreman 5 serving electric press and grill has removable plates and a generous size for the whole family.
- A five serving grill and press in one for grilling and cooking your favorite foods.
- There are removable plates that are easy to clean.
- The grill is coated with a non-stick coating that is very easy to wipe clean.
- A temperature indicator light will indicate when the grill is preheated and ready for cooking.
- The slope design removes fat into the included drip tray.
The Large-sized George Foreman outdoor and indoor Grill is ideal for the whole family and friends, as well as a great tabletop option.
- This outdoor grill model is placed on a counter or top with a 15 serving grate.
- It is an apartment-approved and an excellent choice for tailgating.
- The temperatures are adjustable with easy temperature control.
- The grill also has the popular non-stick coating patented to this brand.
- The grill can be used upright or sloped and comes with a drip tray.
- A removable stand is included in the package if you need it for outdoor use.
The George Foreman Indoor and Outdoor electrical Grill has a rectangular design and 12 servings.
- This is the 12 serving smaller indoor and outdoor grill withstand from George Foreman.
- It is also apartment-approved and portable.
- The temperature controls allow you to adjust and set temperatures.
- The grill has a non-stick coating that cleans easily.
- There is a fat removing slope that is also adjustable and a drip tray included.
- The stand included is removable.
Index Table: Top Rated George Foreman Grill Models
|1||George Foreman Evolve - Multi Plate Grill||George Foreman||96.75|
|2||George Foreman Indoor Outdoor - Electric Grill||George Foreman||96|
|3||George Foreman Platinum - Removable Plate Grill||George Foreman||95|
|4||George Foreman Next Grilleration - Removable Plate Grill||George Foreman||97|
|5||George Foreman Jumbo - Electric Grill||George Foreman||96|
|6||George Foreman Classic - Two Server Grill||George Foreman||95|
|7||George Foreman GGR50B - Electric Grill||George Foreman||97.5|
|8||George Foreman GR340FB - Classic Plate Grill||George Foreman||97.1|
|9||George Foreman GR2144P - Basic Plate Electric Grill||George Foreman||96.8|
|10||George Foreman GRD6090B - Family Size Smokeless Grill||George Foreman||96.3|
|11||George Foreman GGR50B - Indoor and Outdoor Grill||George Foreman||98.5|
|12||George Foreman GRP472P - Press Grill||George Foreman||98.2|
|13||George Foreman - Multi-Plate Grill||George Foreman||97.4|
|14||George Foreman GRP0004R - Press and Indoor Grill||George Foreman||97.6|
|15||George Foreman GFO240S - Indoor and Outdoor Grill||George Foreman||97|
|16||George Foreman GFO201R - Rectangular Indoor and Outdoor Grill||George Foreman||97.8|
Table of Contents
- The History Behind the George Foreman Grill
- The George Foreman Grill Concept
- What Makes the George Foreman Grill So Unique
- Features of a Good George Foreman Grill
- Some Unexpected Uses of the George Foreman Grill
- Reviews: The Best George Foreman Grill Models
- George Foreman® Evolve Multi Plate Grill
- George Foreman® Indoor Outdoor Electric Grill
- George Foreman® Platinum Removable Plate Grill
- George Foreman® Next Grilleration Removable Plate Grill
- George Foreman® Jumbo Electric Grill
- George Foreman® Classic Two Server Grill
- George Foreman® GGR50B Electric Grill
- George Foreman® GR340FB Classic Plate Grill
- George Foreman® GR2144P Basic Plate Electric Grill
- George Foreman® GRD6090B Family Size Smokeless Grill
- George Foreman® GGR50B Indoor and Outdoor Grill
- George Foreman® GRP472P Press Grill
- George Foreman® Multi-Plate Grill
- George Foreman® GRP0004R Press and Indoor Grill
- George Foreman® GFO240S Indoor and Outdoor Grill
- George Foreman® GFO201R Rectangular Indoor and Outdoor Grill
- Index Table: Top Rated George Foreman Grill Models