Tailgating parties or get-togethers is fun and spur of the moment activity, which usually entails devouring mixed drinks and scrumptious grilled food items.
If you are an individual who enjoys this fun social activity, then one of the best tailgate grills in this article will be just what you need.
Getting the Best Tailgate Grill
If you are looking for the best tailgating Grill, well, the good news is, there are plenty to choose from.
However, before you choose one, here are some tips to consider;
- Fuel Source – You have the choice between Gas or Charcoal Grill types when it comes to fuel sources. Charcoal Grill gives great flavor and sear foods easily, giving you that original barbeque smokey flavor, though a charcoal grill needs to be filed with charcoal, left to cool afterward, and all the ash needs to be cleaned up. A Gas Grill already has a gas tank for fuel; it grill exquisitely, and there is not much cleanup or waiting for coals to cool afterward. However, a Gas grill cannot replicate the smoky flavor; grill and may be more expensive initially.
- Size – When it comes to the Tailgate Grill, you need to consider compact and portable sizing for easy storage and traveling in your car, yet also look at enough cooking space for the amount of food you want to prepare for your friends and family members.
- Additional Extras – Depending on the back of your car, you may need a stand for your grill if you can not accommodate a tabletop standing design, and also consider wheels for portability. Other features such as a Thermometer and side shelves always come in handy.
Some Tailgate Grilling Tips
The food to bring is usually the first on your mind when you think of a Tailgating get together; however, there are a few other factors that could make the experience so much more enjoyable;
- Prep – Prep your Grill, make sure it is clean, and that you have enough gas or charcoal to fuel your grill. Prep your foods and marinate them beforehand so that you can take them out and place them on the grill.
- Smokey Ribs – You can cook the most succulent and flavorful smoky ribs by placing a tin foil full of wood pellets on the burner and drizzling some apple juice over the ribs on the grate.
- Corn – Precook your corn in boiling water in the husk for 5-7 minutes, before placing it on the grill for a couple of minutes more until the husk is dark.
- Wieners – Cut your weiners with a stick and blade so that they cook through thoroughly. Also, rather utilize one biscuit holder or tip for your success rather than many small bowls that will need to be cleaned afterward.
- Burgers – Set your patties on the grill to sear and cook properly, and then let it rest for ten minutes before placing it in aluminum foil to keep it warm and moist.
Features of a Good Tailgate Grill
- The small and compact foldable size that is easy to transport.
- With or without a stand and wheels.
- Additional side shelves and hooks, and thermometer.
- Gas or Charcoal fuelled option.
- For a gas Grill, at least 80-100BTU’s per hour per square inch cooking space.
- It is made from durable stainless steel or cast iron.
- Porcelain enamel-coated or stainless steel cooking grates.
- Durable stainless steel burners on a gas grill.
- Large ashtray on a charcoal grill.
Reviews: The Best Tailgate Grills
- There are 285 square inches of cooking space with an interchangeable grill and griddle top.
- An Instant starts the electrical ignition button for easy start-up.
- The design is collapsible for portability ad easy, compact storage.
- Ideal for cooking a large variety of food types.
Weber is one of the best Grill brands that you can invest in, and this is their smaller portable model, which is perfect for Tailgating.
- A single burner grill that puts out 12 000 BTU of heat per hour.
- There is a large 280 square inch cooking surface with porcelain-enameled cast-iron grates.
- The grill comes fully assembled already for your convenience.
- Easy push-start ignition button and gas-fueled grill.
The Broil King Porta Chef is a small and compact carry along with the Tailgate grill.
- A large 480 square inch cooking space with durable cast iron cooking grates.
- It comes with two removable side storage shelves on a portable stand.
- Very sturdy with a two-wheel design.
- Trailer and hitch adaptable design for easy portability.
- It also features a Rot draft damper system and pullout ashtray.
- It comes fully equipped with its own grilling Multi-Tool.
The Solaire Anywhere is a Portable Infrared Gas Operated Grill for Tailgating Parties and get-togethers.
- A portable and infrared design and grill technology.
- There are 155 inches for grilling space and a 14 000 BTU burner with an intense infrared intensity.
- It is made from welded stainless steel in a V-shape with stainless steel grilling grates to prevent flare-ups.
- The grilling grid is also designed to enhance flavors.
The Coleman Roadtrip is another perfect addition to our Gas fueled Tailgating Grill collection from a reputable brand.
- It perfectly fits in the trunk of your car for convenient portability.
- There are 285 square inches of cooking space and an interchangeable cooking top design with a grill and griddle.
- An instant push-button ignition starts, so no matches or lighters are required.
- Colapsible and compact design.
The Cuisinart GrateLifter is an elegant and small compact Charcoal Grill ideal for tailgating the original way, with charcoal or wood.
- A small and compact design that is easily portable and ideal for tailgating, camping, or fishing trips.
- The Lift system allows you to easily reach the charcoal bed without touching the grates.
- It uses a precision airflow system for accurate temperature reading, and there is an exterior lid-mounted temperature gauge.
- A large ash collection bin that is easy to clean.
- The grill has a durable porcelain enamel cover and 240 square inch grate.
- This is a portable grill deigned by Blackstone for use in camping, travelling, etc.
- The grill comes with a built-in electric ignition and operates on 1lb pound Propane bottles as fuel.
- It offers 260 Square inches of heavy-duty cooking surface for versatility and durability.
- The grill features a Stainless steel H-shaped burner that quickly heats up and offers even distribution with a 12,000 BTU heat output.
- This is a mini size Tailgate grill designed by NOMADIQ.
- The portable grill weighs only 12 pounds and is ideal for use while camping, tailgating, in RVs, boats, decks, and patios.
- It features a cooking area of 226 Square inches of ceramic-coated non-stick grates for easy cooking.
- The grill grates are removable, dishwasher-safe, and rust-resistant.
- It offers 2 separate grilling side, each producing almost 5,000 BTUs for even heat distribution and perfect cooking.
- This is a mountable charcoal grill designed with 160 Square inches of cooking area.
- It is constructed with 300 series Marine grade Stainless Steel for durability and resilience, making it excellent for outdoor usage.
- This premium grill by Kuuma is operable only with Charcoal and is ideal for use while camping and traveling,
- It features a removable liner and an inner lid to help prevent the cover from high heat discoloration.
- This is the perfect tailgates grill designed by Blackstone, with easy portable setup and no assembly required.
- The grill features a grill box and griddle at the same time for ample cooking space.
- It is built-to-last, and the heavy-duty grill box comes with a vent, handle, and durable Cast Iron grill grates, along with a cold-rolled Steel Griddle plate.
- The grill comes with two independently controlled burners, with the H-tube burner producing 15,000 BTUs, whereas the cast iron burner produces 20,000 BTUs.
Index Table: Top Rated Tailgate Grills
|1||Coleman Road Trip - Gas Tailgate Grill||Coleman||97.5|
|2||Weber Liquid Propane - Tailgate Grill||Weber||98|
|3||Broil King Porta Chef - Carry Along Tailgate Grill||Broil King||98|
|4||Solaire Anywhere - Portable Infrared Tailgate Grill||Solaire||98|
|5||Coleman Roadtrip - Gas Tailgate Grill||Coleman||98|
|6||Cuisinart GrateLifter - Charcoal Tailgate Grill||Cuisinart||97|
|7||Blackstone Table Top - Tailgate Grill||Blackstone||96.7|
|8||NOMADIQ Portable - Small Tailgate Grill||NOMADIQ||96.2|
|9||Kuuma Premium - Mountable Tailgate Grill||Kuuma||95.8|
|10||Blackstone Combo - Tailgater Gas Grill||Blackstone||95.3|
Table of Contents
- Getting the Best Tailgate Grill
- Some Tailgate Grilling Tips
- Features of a Good Tailgate Grill
- Reviews: The Best Tailgate Grills
- Coleman® Road Trip Gas Tailgate Grill
- Weber® Liquid Propane Tailgate Grill
- Broil King® Porta Chef Carry Along Tailgate Grill
- Solaire® Anywhere Portable Infrared Tailgate Grill
- Coleman® Roadtrip Gas Tailgate Grill
- Cuisinart® GrateLifter Charcoal Tailgate Grill
- Blackstone® Table Top Tailgate Grill
- NOMADIQ® Portable Small Tailgate Grill
- Kuuma® Premium Mountable Tailgate Grill
- Blackstone® Combo Tailgater Gas Grill
- Index Table: Top Rated Tailgate Grills