Along with the myriad of grill types that you can choose from today, one of the top favorites is the Gas and Charcoal Hybrid, or combination grill.
Today we will look at some of the best Hybrid Grills brands that you can get, operated with Gas and Charcoal.
What Exactly is a Hybrid Grill?
Generally, a Hybrid Grill, also called a Combination or Dual Fuel Grill, is a Grill that uses Gas and Charcoal as fuel sources.
You get the best of both worlds in one Grill, where you have the cheaper Charcoal grill that gives a lovely smoky flavor and the easy and mess-free Gas grill that ignites with a button and produces no smoke or ash.
You may be wondering how and if a Grill can be a Charcoal and Gas combo, and yes, these grills are designed specifically for that purpose and are fully functional as both a Gas or Charcoal Grill with all the trimmings needed.
Pros and Cons of the Gas/Charcoal Hybrid Grill
So why choose the Gas and Charcoal Hybrid Grill in the first place?
Let us look at some pros and cons;
- Time – If you are in a hurry, you can push the ignition button on your gas grill and start grilling quickly and easily. Whereas when you have time on your hands and want that delicious smoky flavor, you can use your charcoal grill option. Or you can use the Gas side for those who want their meals out fast and the Charcoal option for those who want to wait for their meal.
- More Cooking Options – You can cook using various grilling and cooking methods. Many Hybrid Grills also offer additional extras such as a rotisserie and rack for vegetable grilling. You also have the option of using different fuel types of your choice.
- Saving Space – Having both a Gas and Charcoal grill can take up quite a lot of space and can be time-consuming, having to clean two grills and take out whichever one you need. Having both options in one Grill cuts down on space and time.
- Cost Effective – It is much more cost-effective to have one dual Grill that is a Charcoal and Gas grill in one, rather than purchasing a separate Charcoal grill and a separate Gas Grill.
- Large Cooking Space – Because the Hybrid Charcoal and Gas grill has a larger design, the cooking space or spaces are larger, and you can cook larger amounts of food at a time.
- The Cons – A Hybrid or combination Charcoal and Gas grill is usually quite a large item and can only be used outdoors for the Charcoal Function. This type of Grill needs to be a good quality, which will most likely be quite expensive.
Features of a Good Gas and Charcoal Hybrid Grill
- Grill Materails -The Grill materials include a Porcelain Enameled Bowl and Lid, or steel materials. The Grates and burners are usually stainless steel.
- Heat Settings – There is an LCD Cooking Timer and Built-in Lid Thermometer, or Steel Control panel for heat settings.
- Cleaning – the charcoal grill side usually has a self-cleaning or easy to clean Aluminium Ash catcher.
- Burners – On the Gas Grill, there are usually Stainless steel, One to three burners that offer between 10 000 and 50 000 BTU’s of heat depending on the grill size.
- Ingnition – The Gas grill uses an InstaStart or push-button electric ignition system, while for the Charcoal grill, you may require matches or a lighter.
- Extras – Some models have additional shelving, Condiment baskets, a drop bottom and lifter, and there are also rotisserie designs.
Reviews: The Best Gas and Charcoal Hybrid Grills
here we have some of the top brands and models of Gas and Charcoal Hybrid Grills;
- The Grill uses Propane Gas as well as Charcoal as a fuel source.
- The Gas Option is an easy touch and goes ignition system.
- The Grill comes with a lid and cooking area if 363 square inches,
- The bowl and lid are porcelain-enameled, and there are a few color options from which you can select.
- An aluminized one-touch steel cleaning system and ash catcher is removable.
- There is also a removable LCD cook timer and a built-in lid Thermometer.
- The 3D interactive assembly instructions for assembly of the Grill can be found on the BILT APP.
- The Grill is very Versatile; you can Grill, Rotisserie, and Sear meats and foods.
- There are Cast Stainless Steel burners and a baffling internal system, and Echelon Heat separators.
- The Diamond Cooking Grids promote better heat transfer, and food is easier to release.
- The grids are also Pre-Seasoned and Flavored and allow for much even heat distribution.
- The Entire Grill is on a wheeled cart for portability and easy moving.
- This is quite a large Gas and Charcoal grill that can accommodate large families and groups f friends.
- The Gas ide features three stainless steel burners that offer up to 24 000 BTU’s of heat.
- There is also an integrated ignition system so you can ignite the Grill without the use of matches or a lighter.
- There are a 188 square inch warming rack and a 262 square inch charcoal cooking space, and a 295 square inch Gas cooking space.
- The Painted steel control panel jas steel trim and is very easy to use.
- The Grill uses Propane Gas and Charcoal as fuel sources, and there is a large 1260 Square Inch Cooking space.
- The three burners put out 40 8000 BTU’s of heat with a main and side burner side.
- There is also an electronic ignition system for easy ignition.
- The Grate height is fully adjustable, and there is a chrome warming rack included.
- The grates are cast iron and porcelain-coated, and there is a stainless steel heat gauge.
- The easy dump ash pan cleans quickly and easily.
- There are also condiments baskets, ad drop bottom, and a grate lifter.
- The Grill cover is constructed of very durable and premium materials with a Heavy Duty Oxford fabric and PVC coating,
- The Cover is completely waterproof, snow, dustproof, and UV resistant.
- Your grill cover will fit your Char-Griller Grill perfectly and protect it against elements as well as pests.
- The cover is very easy to clean and extremely durable, and long-lasting.
- The Grill is constructed of premium materials with high-density
- This grill features a dual fuel design for convenience.
- It provides two grill settings that stand together to be used at once.
- Both grill sides offer an 810 sq—inches of cooking surface, as well as 9,000 BTU each.
- The charcoal grill side comes with a removable ash dump tray design.
- The Magma patented design utilizes both radiant and convection cooking, with the hottest temperature for efficient cooking.
- It comes with a perfectly balanced hinged lid, with a cast Stainless steel handle with air-cooled supports.
- The windproof turbo Venturi tube and control valve eliminates blowouts.
- It comes with a burner and hi-tech radiant plate with a dome heat distribution design.
- This grill is designed to cook a family meal at one time.
- It comes with a built-in lid thermometer to allow you to cook efficiently.
- The Grill features rust-resistant Aluminum dampers and a porcelain-enameled lid and bowl to retain heat.
- It allows for a one-touch cleaning system with a high-capacity ash catcher to provide hassle-free ash cleanup.
- This grill is designed using heavy-duty cast Aluminum construction for durability.
- It features one infrared burner and one stainless steel tube burner for versatility and convenience.
- The Grill comes with a V-channel cooking grid design that captures drippings and converts them into a smoke to enhance the flavor.
- It also includes an adjustable lid stop for unmatched temperature control.
- This is a cast Aluminum oven designed for durability and stability.
- It offers even heat distribution and rust-resistant design, along with a porcelain coated cooking grid.
- The Grill also includes a 30,000 BTU stainless steel burner system that efficiently and quickly heats the Grill.
- It features a 430 Sq. Inches of grilling area, as well as a 10,000 BTU side burner.
Index Table: Top Rated Hybrid Grills – Gas and Charcoal
|1||Weber Performer - Gas and Charcoal Hybrid Grill||Weber||98.5|
|2||Fire Magic Aurora - Proane Gas and Charcoal Hybrid Grill||Fire Magic||97.5|
|3||Blossomz Dual Fuel - Combination Gas and Charcoal Hybrid Grill||Blossomz||96|
|4||Char-Griller Duo - Gas and Charcoal Hybrid Grill||Char-Griller||95|
|5||Stanbroil 8080 - Duel Fuel Hybrid Grill||Stanbroil||96|
|6||Royal Gourmet Dual - Gas and Charcoal Grill Combo||Royal Gourmet||95.7|
|7||Magma Marine Kettle 3 - Combination Stove & Gas Grill||Magma||95.2|
|8||Weber Original Kettle - Charcoal Grill||Weber||94.8|
|9||Broilmaster R3B - Infrared Combination Gas Grill||Broilmaster||94.4|
|10||Huntington 30040HNT - Gas Grill||Huntington||94.1|
Table of Contents
- What Exactly is a Hybrid Grill?
- Pros and Cons of the Gas/Charcoal Hybrid Grill
- Features of a Good Gas and Charcoal Hybrid Grill
- Reviews: The Best Gas and Charcoal Hybrid Grills
- Weber® Performer Gas and Charcoal Hybrid Grill
- Fire Magic® Aurora Proane Gas and Charcoal Hybrid Grill
- Blossomz® Dual Fuel Combination Gas and Charcoal Hybrid Grill
- Char-Griller® Duo Gas and Charcoal Hybrid Grill
- Stanbroil® 8080 Duel Fuel Hybrid Grill
- Royal Gourmet® Dual Gas and Charcoal Grill Combo
- Magma® Marine Kettle 3 Combination Stove & Gas Grill
- Weber® Original Kettle Charcoal Grill
- Broilmaster® R3B Infrared Combination Gas Grill
- Huntington® 30040HNT Gas Grill
- Index Table: Top Rated Hybrid Grills – Gas and Charcoal