With the many grill types you can choose from today, one of the top favorites is the Gas and Charcoal Hybrid or combination grill.
Today, we will look at some of the best Hybrid grill brands you can get, operated with Gas and Charcoal.
Table of Contents
- What Exactly is a Hybrid Grill?
- Pros and Cons of the Gas/Charcoal Hybrid Grill
- Related Articles on Charcoal Grill
- Features of a Good Gas and Charcoal Hybrid Grill
- How We Test and Score Hybrid Grills
- Reviews: The Best Gas and Charcoal Hybrid Grills
- Index Table: Top Rated Hybrid Grills – Gas and Charcoal
What Exactly is a Hybrid Grill?
Generally, a Hybrid Grill, also called a Combination or Dual Fuel Grill, uses Gas and Charcoal as fuel sources.
You get the best of both worlds in one Grill, where you have the cheaper Charcoal grill that gives a lovely smoky flavor and the easy and mess-free Gas grill that ignites with a button and produces no smoke or ash.
You may be wondering how and if a grill can be a charcoal and gas grill combo, and yes, these grills are designed specifically for that purpose and are fully functional as both a Gas or Charcoal Grill with all the trimmings needed.
Pros and Cons of the Gas/Charcoal Hybrid Grill
So why choose the Gas and Charcoal Hybrid Grill in the first place?
Let us look at some pros and cons;
- Time – If you are in a hurry, push the ignition button on your gas grill and start grilling quickly and easily. You can use your charcoal grill option when you have time and want that delicious smoky flavor. Or you can use the Gas side for those who want their meals out fast and the Charcoal option for those who want to wait for their meal.
- More Cooking Options – You can cook using various grilling and cooking methods. Many Hybrid Grills also offer additional extras such as a rotisserie and rack for vegetable grilling. You also have the option of using different fuel types of your choice.
- Saving Space – A Gas and Charcoal grill can take up quite a lot of space and be time-consuming, cleaning two grills and taking out whichever one you need. Having both options in one Grill cuts down on space and time.
- Cost Effective – It is much more cost-effective to have one dual grill, a Charcoal, and a Gas grill in one, rather than purchasing a separate Charcoal grill and a separate Gas Grill.
- Large Cooking Space – Because the Hybrid Charcoal and Gas grill has a larger design, the cooking space or spaces are larger, and you can cook more food at once.
- The Cons – A Hybrid or Charcoal and Gas Grill Combo is usually quite a large item and can only be used outdoors for the Charcoal Function. This type of Grill needs to be of good quality, which will most likely be expensive.
Related Articles on Charcoal Grill
Features of a Good Gas and Charcoal Hybrid Grill
- Grill Materails -The Grill materials include a Porcelain Enameled Bowl and Lid or steel materials. The Grates and burners are usually stainless steel.
- Heat Settings – There is an LCD Cooking Timer, Built-in Lid Thermometer, or Steel Control panel for heat settings.
- Cleaning – the charcoal grill side usually has a self-cleaning or easy-to-clean Aluminium Ash catcher.
- Burners – On The Gas Grill, there are usually Stainless steel One to three burners that offer between 10,000 and 50,000 BTUs of heat depending on the grill size.
- Ingnition – The Gas grill uses an InstaStart or push-button electric ignition system, while you may require matches or a lighter for the Charcoal grill.
- Extras – Some models have additional shelving, Condiment baskets, a drop bottom, and a lifter, and there are also rotisserie designs.
How We Test and Score Hybrid Grills
These reviews are based on intense research, analysis, and feedback from our experts and real users from different digital platforms.
We spent 21 hours trying, testing, and scoring these Hybrid Grills for different key parameters and then shortlisted the best products in the market, saving you time and effort.
We used the following parameters for our tests and analysis.
- Quickly Heating – We noted how fast the grill heated.
- Space Saving – We checked whether the grill’s dimension is adequate for its function.
- Capacity – We noted the maximum proportion of food that the grill can handle.
- Wheels – We observed how easy it is to move the grill while being used.
- Adjustable – We tested the grill’s adjustability to check its usefulness.
Reviews: The Best Gas and Charcoal Hybrid Grills
here we have some of the top brands and models of Gas and Charcoal Hybrid Grills;
We hope you love the hybrid grills we recommend!
We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
The Weber Performer Deluxe is one of the best available Hybrid Gas and Charcoal grills today.
- The Grill uses Propane Gas as well as Charcoal as a fuel source.
- The Gas Option is an easy touch-and-go ignition system.
- The Grill comes with a lid and a cooking area of 363 square inches,
- The bowl and lid are porcelain-enameled, and there are a few color options from which you can select.
- An aluminized one-touch steel cleaning system and an ash catcher are removable.
- There is also a removable LCD cook timer and a built-in lid Thermometer.
- You can find the 3D interactive assembly instructions for the assembly of the Grill on the BILT APP.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
We also have a dual-fuel Hybrid Grill with the perfect size from Blossoms.
- The Gas ide features three stainless steel burners that offer up to 24,000 BTUs of heat.
- An integrated ignition system also ignites the Grill without matches or a lighter.
- There is a 188 square inch warming rack, a 262 square inch charcoal cooking space, and a 295 square inch Gas cooking space.
- The Painted steel control panel has a steel trim and is very easy to use.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
The Char-Griller 5050 is a versatile and high-quality Hybrid Gas and Charcoal grill.
- The Grill uses Propane Gas and Charcoal as fuel sources, and there is a large 1260 Square Inch Cooking space.
- The three burners put out 40 8000 BTUs of heat with a main and side burner.
- There is also an electronic ignition system for easy ignition.
- The Grate height is fully adjustable, and a chrome warming rack is included.
- The grates are cast iron and porcelain-coated, with a stainless steel heat gauge.
- The easy dump ash pan cleans quickly and easily.
- There are also condiments baskets, a drop bottom, and a grate lifter.
- This grill features a dual-fuel design for convenience.
- It provides two grill settings that stand together to be used at once.
- Both grill sides offer 748 squinches of cooking surface and 8,500 BTU each.
- The charcoal grill is cabinet style, with a removable ash dump tray design on the side.
- The Magma patented design utilizes radiant and convection cooking, with the hottest temperature for efficient cooking.
- It has a perfectly balanced hinged lid, a cast Stainless steel handle, and air-cooled supports.
- The windproof turbo Venturi tube and control valve eliminate blowouts.
- It has a burner and hi-tech radiant plate with a dome heat distribution design.
- This grill is designed to cook a family meal at one time.
- It comes with a built-in lid thermometer to allow you to cook efficiently.
- The Grill features rust-resistant Aluminum dampers and a porcelain-enameled lid and bowl to retain heat.
- It allows for a one-touch cleaning system with a high-capacity ash catcher to provide hassle-free ash cleanup.
Index Table: Top Rated Hybrid Grills – Gas and Charcoal
|1||Weber Performer - Gas and Charcoal Hybrid Grill||Weber||97.25|
|3||Blossomz Dual Fuel - Combination Gas and Charcoal Hybrid Grill||Blossomz||95.5|
|4||Char-Griller Duo - Gas and Charcoal Hybrid Grill||Char-Griller||95|
|6||Royal Gourmet ZH3002N - Gas and Charcoal Grill Combo||Royal Gourmet||95.7|
|7||Magma Marine Kettle 3 - Combination Stove & Gas Grill||Magma||95.2|
|8||Weber Original Kettle - Charcoal Grill||Weber||94.8|