For those who want to enjoy the benefits of a grill on the convenient stovetop, the right griddle does matter.
In this article, we look at some of the best available griddle designs and models that you can easily use on most types of stovetops.
Benefits of Using a Stovetop Griddle
There are quite a few benefits to suing a good Griddle on your stovetop;
- Grill Marks and Searing – You can easily get the same searing, or grill marks effect on your foods as what you would on a grill.
Two Bruner or Plate Griddles – The Two plate or Burner model griddle gives you a much larger cooking surface on your stovetop.
Reversible Griddle – Many griddle models are reversible, which means that that they have a smooth and ridged side which you can use for cooking different types of food such as eggs and griddlecakes as well.
Ridges – The ridged side on the Griddle allow fat to flow away from the meats and foods just the same is it would drop off the grates of a grill. This allows for a much healthier eating option.
Durable – Most griddle griddles are heavy and very durable, constructed of Cast iron, which is one of the most durable and long-lasting materials.
Non-Stick or Cast Iron Stovetop Griddles?
When it comes to a Stovetop Griddle you have two basic Options, A Nono-Stick Metal Griddle, or a Cast Iron Griddle;
- Non-Stick Stovetop Griddles – The Non-Stick Griddle consists of a hard-anodized Aluminium, with two or three layers of the non-stick coating. This type of griddle allows food to release much more easily from the griddle and has lower ridges, which do not really create many sear marks. Non-Stick griddles are much more lightweight than Cast iron griddles, yet are not as durable and long-lasting in the end. The Non-Stick Griddle also heats up much faster than the Cast iron Griddles. Another great benefit of the Non-Stick Griddle is that it cleans very easily.
Cast Iron Griddles – Cast Iron is a very hard and durable material which is heavy and will last extremely long. Cast Iron griddles generally have larger ridges which creates much better sear marks. Food release and cleaning of a cast iron griddle may not be as easy as with a Non-Stick Griddle and the griddle will be heavy to handle. Cast Iron Griddles also heat up slower but they retain and manage heat much better and hold heat much longer.
Features of a Good Stovetop Griddle
- Materails – Hard Anodized Aluminium or Cast Iron materials are your best options in a Good Stovetop griddle or Grill. Stainless Steel, wood, or other materials can be used for the handle and should offer heat resistance and an ergonomic slip-resistant grip.
Non-Stick Coating – Most Griddles come with a three-layer non-stick coating which prevents food from sticking to the surface and allows for much easier release.
Size – The Stovetop griddle will come in a single or double stovetop size, and can be used on most stovetop types and designs. Some Griddles are also safe to use in the oven.
Dishwasher Safe – Most Griddle designs are dishwasher safe and also Scratch resistant, making them very easy to clean and wash with the rest of your dishes.
Reviews: The Best Stovetop Griddles
These are some of the most amazing Stovetop Griddles that you will find;
The Legend Cast Iron Stovetop Griddle is very durable and tough as well as ideal for a Gas Stovetop.
- Cast iron is one of the strongest and most long-lasting materials when it comes to grills and Griddles.
- The Griddle is cast from solid, pure, premium-grade steel and iron that is 20 inches, and offers excellent heat retention and searing capabilities.
- The contemporary design and features will fit well in any kitchen.
- The surface has a non-scratch coat, and the griddle works well with all heat surfaces, especially gas stoves, as it is so durable.
- The more you use your Griddle, the better it will perform in time.
The Lodge is a pre-seasoned reversible Cast Iron Griddle and Grill in one.
- The reversible design offers you a smooth Grill and a Griddle side.
- The Griddle comes already Pre-Seasoned and ready to use with an easy-release finish.
- The Lodge Griddle is extremely tough and durable and can be used on the stovetop, in the oven, and even on a grill or campfire.
- The Grille also consists of a durable Cast Iron.
From Ecolution we have another reversible Griddle with a Non-Stick Coating.
- The reversible Griddle is very versatile and can cook large meals on either the flat side or the ribbed side.
- There are different size options and griddle shaped options from which you can select in the Ecolution Grill and Griddle.
- The Griddle offers even heat distribution with eth cast aluminum construction,
- There is also a Premium Non-Stick Coating,, so cooking becomes a breeze.
From Cuisinart a top brand, we have the Double Burner Griddle.
- The Double Burner Griddle has a Non-Stick Coating for easy no-fuss cooking and grilling.
- The design is a Tri-Ply, meaning there are three layers of hard anodized material.
- You will enjoy optimal heat conduction and safe and comfortable handling with the stainless steel riveted stick handle.
- The heat surround technology also provides consistent and even heat distribution around the base and sides of the griddle.
The OXO Good Grips Griddle has an ergonomic handle design and a non-stick coating.
- The griddle consists of Hard Anodized Aluminium that ensures excellent heat retention and even cooking.
- The Griddle is German engineered with a PFOA -Free 3 layered nonstick coating that allows effortless food release.
- The Contoured handles are designed to stay cool to the touch and ensure a more comfortable grip.
- All the materials used are durable and scratch-resistant with an oven-safe heta resistance of up to 430 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The griddle is also safe to wash in your dishwasher and very easy to clean.
The Calphalon Contemporary griddle for your stovetop ensures even heat distribution and has a durable design.
- The heavy -Gauge, hard Anodized aluminum construction ensures even heat distribution and retention, as well as long-lasting durability.
- The interior of the Griddle has three layers of non-stick coating for easy food release.
- There are long, brushed stainless steel handles that are designed to stay cool on the stovetop.
- The large flat surface allows a maximum cooking space that can accommodate several servings of food.
Index Table: Top Rated Stovetop Griddles
|1||Legend Cast Iron - Two in One Stovetop Griddle||Legend||98.7|
|2||Lodge Pre-Seasoned - Stovetop Griddle||Lodge||98.2|
|3||Ecolution Reversible - Double Burner Stovetop Griddle||Ecolution||97|
|4||Cuisinart Double Burner - Stovetop Metal Griddle||Cuisinart||97.6|
|5||OXO Good Grips - Stovetop Single Burner Griddle||OXO||97.5|
|6||Calphalon Contemporary - Hard-Anodized Stovetop Griddle||Calphalon||97.7|
Table of Contents
- Benefits of Using a Stovetop Griddle
- Non-Stick or Cast Iron Stovetop Griddles?
- Features of a Good Stovetop Griddle
- Reviews: The Best Stovetop Griddles
- Index Table: Top Rated Stovetop Griddles