Whether you want to start eating healthier or just enjoy a delicious grilled steak, the indoor electric grill is one of the best investments you can make, not to mention all its other versatile uses.
When it comes to a good electric grill, there is only one name that stands out from all the rest, and that is “George Foreman.”
In this article, we will look at some of the Best George Foreman grills that are available today.
The History Behind the George Foreman Grill
Why is George Foreman so popular? Let’s look a bit into its history.
Michael Boehm created the initial concept of the George Foreman Grill from Illinois. He intended to create an indoor grill that will ensure the unique benefit of cooking both sides at once, as well as to reduce the fat content of fatty foods and meats.
Bob Johnson performed the engineering work, and together with Boehm, the idea was pitched a few times before it landed up with George Foreman to test.
Thus the “Lean Mean Fat-Reducing Grilling Machine,” known as the George Foreman Grill, was born.
The George Foreman Grill was introduced in 1994 and promoted with many infomercials featuring George Foreman.
Today the George Foreman Grill is a popular design and brand that also includes many other outdoor and indoor grill designs.
Some Unexpected Uses of the George Foreman Grill
Besides just grilling a Steak or Burger, there are so many other uses to the original two-sided George Foreman Grill;
- Pizza – If you Turn the Grill Upside Down and Open It, allow it to pre-heat, and place a small pizza on the griddle, with a fork behind the hinges, you will get a crispy crust delicious pizza.
- Toasted Waffles – You can also easily toast your waffles in your George Foreman Grill.
- Toasted Sandwiches – I personally use my George Foreman to make toasted sandwiches. I have the two serving size, which perfectly makes two toasted sandwiches and grills them to perfection.
- Fries – Want to Make Low Fat fries or Chips. Slice potato thinly into rounds and place on your George Foreman grill, Drizzle with olive oil and some salt, and fry them, fat-free!
- Fry and Egg – You can easily use your George Foreman as a Griddle. Open it up, and adjust so that it is straight and not slanted. Spray with a Spray and Cook Oil or drizzle with olive oil, pre-heat, and fry your egg.
Features of a Good George Foreman Grill
- Types of Grills – As You will see there are general outdoor and indoor electric Grills available, as well as the two sided indoor electric grills and presses.
- Materials – The griddle is a non-Stick coated material, and the rest of the grill is a durable plastic and metals.
- Colors – George Foreman grill comes in black, white, grey/silver and red color options.
- Features – Every grill comes with its own unique features. Mostly the griddle has ridges and can be slanted to remove fat. You also get a drip tray with most of the George Foreman grill designs.
- Electric – George Foreman Grils are operated with electricity and all come with the required cords and plugs for operation.
Reviews: The Best George Foreman Grill
The George Foreman 15 Serving Grill is an excellent choice for an indoor and outdoor grill that is apartment-approved and ideal for Tailgating.
- An outdoor standing grill that is large enough for 15 servings.
- The grill has a non-stick coated griddle that is easy to clean.
- There are an adjustable temperature control setting and an included temperature probe with five settings.
- The design is apartment approved and safe to use.
The Plate Grill and Press design from George Foreman is large enough for five servings and offers you many versatile uses.
- A five serving tabletop design plate grill for the whole family.
- The plates are removable for easy cleaning.
- There is a premium Ceramic coating on the plates that are non-stick and stain and fade resistant.
- The cool touch plastic grips on the plates make them very easy to handle.
- The set also comes with a plastic drip tray.
- The grill can be used in an upright or slanted position.
For all your baking and grilling requirements, the Evolve Grill system has it all in one versatile grill model.
- The evolve is a premium tabletop grill that comes in three color options.
- The evolve has four uses; it is a grill, panini press, baking dish, and muffin pan all in one design.
- The luxury grill has an adjustable cooking angle for sloped grilling or upright cooking.
- The hinges are adjustable and can accommodate thicker food cuts.
- There is a digital control panel where you can set temperatures.
- The grill can make up to five servings and has a spacious cooking area.
- The plates are also removable for easy cleaning.
The George Foreman 5 serving electric press and grill has removable plates and a generous size for the whole family.
- A five serving grill and press in one for grilling and cooking your favorite foods.
- There are removable plates that are easy to clean.
- The grill is coated with a non-stick coating that is very easy to wipe clean.
- A temperature indicator light will indicate when the grill is preheated and ready for cooking.
- The slope design removes fat into the included drip tray.
The Large-sized George Foreman outdoor and indoor Grill is ideal for the whole family and friends, as well as a great tabletop option.
- This is another outdoor grill model that is placed on a counter or top with a 15 serving grate.
- It is an apartment approved and an excellent choice for tailgating.
- The temperatures are adjustable with easy temperature control.
- The grill also has the popular non-stick coating patented to this brand.
- The grill can be used upright or sloped and comes with the drip tray.
- A removable stand is included in the package if you need it for outdoor use.
The George Foreman Indoor and Outdoor electrical Grill has a rectangular design and allows for 12 servings.
- This is the 12 serving smaller indoor and outdoor grill withstand from George Foreman.
- It is also apartment approved and portable.
- The temperature controls allow you to adjust and set temperatures.
- The grill has a non-stick coating that cleans easily.
- There is a fat removing slope that is also adjustable, as well as a drip tray included.
- The stand included is removable.
Index Table: Top Rated George Foreman Grill
|1||George Foreman GGR50B - Indoor and Outdoor Grill||George Foreman||98.5|
|2||George Foreman GRP472P - Press Grill||George Foreman||98.2|
|3||George Foreman - Multi-Plate Grill||George Foreman||97.4|
|4||George Foreman GRP0004R - Press and Indoor Grill||George Foreman||97.6|
|5||George Foreman GFO240S - Indoor and Outdoor Grill||George Foreman||97|
|6||George Foreman GFO201R - Rectangular Indoor and Outdoor Grill||George Foreman||97.8|
Table of Contents
- The History Behind the George Foreman Grill
- Some Unexpected Uses of the George Foreman Grill
- Features of a Good George Foreman Grill
- Reviews: The Best George Foreman Grill
- Index Table: Top Rated George Foreman Grill